Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Harry's Week 1 College Football Plays

Boyz,

Gonna step out with one strong play on this opening Thursday night of action. The Wake Forest Demon Deacons have had back to back 3-9 seasons. Not good. Tonight they are laying 16 points to Tulane, which represents the biggest favorite they have been made in close to 10 years. Wake has never been a good favorite, and particularly not a DD favorite. New Tulane coach Willie Fritz has come over from Georgia Southern where he had a great run. His specialty is running the ball. I'm not sure he has the horses he'll need to set the world on fire tonight but I'll take a shot with the Green Wave in his opener, getting a bundle of points. TAKE TULANE +16

More to come tomorrow.

As always, best of luck
    Harry

Harry N. Lloyd

OK, boyz. 108 clicks and not one comment, pro or con. WTF? Why should one take the time to post an opinion? What's going on around here?

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

Nice call Harry. Have always appreciated your post. I recall totals being a strong point of yours. Bol this season

Harry N. Lloyd

Shop, I'm a bit frustrated in that nobody even talks handicapping around here. It's all Trump, Clinton, Lochte, or Kaepernick. WTF?! We can get that crap on Yahoo.com. Does nobody actually cap games anymore? I do! I'm not saying I'm a genius, but I do my homework, then place my bets, then post my thoughts......and nobody weighs in, pro or con. Where are the gamblers? Maybe SBR and sites like this are a dying breed. But what do I know.....I'm not even a PRO.

shopbar picks

Many more games to come. There will be more discussion once there are more games played. Right now it's a guess for a few weeks. What are your capping methods. Right now I'm just using predicted strength. And number of returning starters. But like you what do I know. Thanks again for posting

Harry N. Lloyd

Boyz,

Off to a nice 1-0 start to the season. I see no plays on Friday night that I am excited about. On Saturday's card, let's add these plays to the mix.....

Michigan/Hawaii - OVER 55..............With the line at 40 and the total at 55, the oddsmakers are predicting a score in the 47-7 range. I personally see the Wolverines putting up 55 or more themselves. We know that Hawaii's offense is improved as they put up 31 last week against Cal. They will get on the board here. The Rainbow D is going to get exposed badly against a psyched up Michigan squad. Hawaii's brutal travel from Australia to Ann Arbor for a 12 est start is the worst I ever remember.

PENN STATE -22 over Kent State........Nitanny Lion fans are getting a bit impatient with coach Franklin. Their offense has been putrid. This year changes are in store as a new offensive coordinator has been brought on board and is attempting to install an up-tempo Oregon-style attack. Yikes! Kent State is the perfect team to try it out against as they traditionally get their butts handed to them by Big 10 teams (2-10 ats). Lay it.

West Virginia/Missouri - UNDER 50......The Tigers of Mizzou only gave up 16 ppg last season. That's stout. This year they return 8 defensive starters so I don't anticipate too much deviation, even with a new HC. I see the final of this one ending up in the 24-14 range. UNDER.

SOUTHERN MISS +6- at Kentucky.......The Golden Eagles improved immensely last season from the pathetic abyss of years past. With 13 returning starters I see no reason why the resurgence doesn't continue. The Wildcats of Kentucky scare no one. I have this game rated as a near pick 'em. I will gladly take the points.

ALABAMA -12 over USC. The Trojans lost their starting QB from last season but bring back everyone else on offense. They only return 5 starters on D though and that's where it's gonna hurt. The Tide simply out-recruits everyone else year after year so you know they're gonna be rock solid along the lines. OC Kiffin would love nothing better than to put a hurting on USC. Lay it!

LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE +20 against Boise State.......If this game were on the Smurf Turf at Boise I would gladly side with the always dangerous Broncos. But it's not. Rather it will be played in the stifling heat and humidity of bayou country. The heavy air will slow down the fast-paced Boise attack. This is too much to lay!

As always, best of luck
    Harry
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave Harry N. Lloyd 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

Harry what do you thi labour Stanford?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I have souther miss +6. Good luck harry. Always enjoy your posts.

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    Harry what do you thi labour Stanford?
    I'm assuming you're asking what I think about the Stanford game. As I stated earlier I don't love anything tonight but in this spot I definitely lean to the UNDER, and also would lean to Stanford. Coach Snyder's teams have always been dangerous dogs but this is a tough first assignment. I see this ending around 31-10, Cardinal.

willypower
    willypower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1026

Hey Harry

watched your post for the last few years - like your style in the right ups - keep it going this season (my picks suck year in year out) - happy to hitch on for a few that I like - liking your Michigan over reasoning and South Miss reasoning - I'm on LSU, Clemson and Oklahoma - beautiful homer card - will dabble throughout weekend - keep the thoughts coming

Harry N. Lloyd

Thanks, Willy. Tough way to make a living--that's why I keep my day job. I've been doing it for decades though and my philosophy boils down to this: I try to bet on good teams and against bad ones. Sometimes a situation will change that formula, ie--La Lafayette this week. I bet only what I can afford to lose and always guard myself from chasing or going full tilt. Best of luck to ya this season!

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I'm assuming you're asking what I think about the Stanford game. As I stated earlier I don't love anything tonight but in this spot I definitely lean to the UNDER, and also would lean to Stanford. Coach Snyder's teams have always been dangerous dogs but this is a tough first assignment. I see this ending around 31-10, Cardinal.
    Thank you Harry. I took your advice.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Nice call on Tulane and nice write ups. You're a classy guy and look forward to your posts again this year. Good luck!

thekoreanmang
    thekoreanmang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2317

Nice start to the season. Like the writeups. Mind if I ask past CFB records? Good luck!

Harry N. Lloyd

5-2 weekend, boyz. Nice start to the season. I am very tempted to make Texas +4- an official play today, but I just don't have enough faith in HC Charlie Strong. His offensive schemes are on a high school level. They do have major revenge though from that 38-3 beating they suffered against the Fighting Irish last year on opening week. They return 15 starters against Notre Dame's 9. ND has had a very distracting offseason as well. For me, call it only a strong LEAN on the Longhorns getting points at home.

MikeyPicks1
    MikeyPicks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7687

I agree with everything you said. I only fear that Texas getting down early and becoming one-sided can make this game nasty. The place will be rocking and ND will have to show some serious poise. Also, am I mistaken here, is this Mustipher's first time as center?

jackbo
    jackbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19757

"The place will be rocking"

Have you ever been to any Longhorn game in Austin??? We are the WORST fans ever! We show up late and leave as soon as we get bored. The only thing Austin shows any emotion about is our damn liberal politics.

jackbo
    jackbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19757

Sorry for hi-jacking Mr. Lloyd, good luck this year.

Harry N. Lloyd

Jackbo, the fans may not be the most enthusiastic......but damn those Austin gals are smokin'......!!!!!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Nice hit on Bama

MikeyPicks1
    MikeyPicks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7687

[QUOTE=jackbo;26215944]"The place will be rocking"

Have you ever been to any Longhorn game in Austin??? We are the WORST fans ever! We show up late and leave as soon as we get bored. The only thing Austin shows any emotion about is our damn liberal politics.[/QUOT

Texas sets new school record in attendance against Notre Dame.

Hopefully you watched the same game I did. It's been a long time since I've seen those fans so fired up. Like um at the 3:29 mark in the 4thish

Harry N. Lloyd

Huge victory for the Horns. Huge!! For the first time in a long time they have hope. Watch out.....!

shopbar picks

Nice weekend Harry even with upsets and close games. May be a tough year to navigate. From what I watched bama will win. Okie st. Will challenge. Nebraska will piss some games away. Stretch Armstrong looks like he always has. As always thanks for posting

Harry N. Lloyd

Last night of the opening week, Boyz. I have definitely turned a profit. Not about to give it back tonight, but I have another strong LEAN on the Rebs of Mississippi catching 6 points tonight against Florida State. For me, it's not an official play but personally I will plunk down a small wager on the SEC dog.

Already studying up for next week. Let's go get 'em!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good work

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Wow! Mucho respect!