mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

So with this much time training, strength and fitness should not be a problem for Punk.....

so is it that he has not been in an environment where people are not pulling punches the main reason for him being +260 or so here?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

you can put lipstick on a pig ...but its still a pig. Gall wins
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave GoBlue77 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

How about the two fights Bisping won across the ocean? That one mute dude, and Anderson Silva. Both fights are on tape, I'd say they are pretty good evidence of MMA fight rigging.

RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Gall +320 TKO is playable

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

CM Punk should get worked unless the fight is fixed and Gall is paid to take a dive.. CM Punk carries the bigger name if you want to look at it in a business sense in the future.. I don't think a payoff for a dive is in play here...

This is the way I look at this match up - Keeping it simple...

CM Punk is trying to learn MMA almost over night and that just doesn't work at the UFC level.... CM Punk is now fighting people that have trained and fought for years like Gall.. The one area that sticks out is Gall has been doing Jits for a lot longer then CM Punk.. I think a sub win could be in play here for Gall fellas.... Don't think CM Punk gets KO'd or pounded out.. More likely to tap out..

1231 Gall wins by submission
    +110

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    CM Punk should get worked unless the fight is fixed and Gall is paid to take a dive.. CM Punk carries the bigger name if you want to look at it in a business sense in the future.. I don't think a payoff for a dive is in play here...

This is the way I look at this match up - Keeping it simple...

CM Punk is trying to learn MMA almost over night and that just doesn't work at the UFC level.... CM Punk is now fighting people that have trained and fought for years like Gall.. The one area that sticks out is Gall has been doing Jits for a lot longer then CM Punk.. I think a sub win could be in play here for Gall fellas.... Don't think CM Punk gets KO'd or pounded out.. More likely to tap out..

1231 Gall wins by submission
    +110
    I think Gall has this pattern, punch punch, takeodown grapple submit kind of style. Until you dont see this pattern sub is the way to go. He is way better at grapple than strike, so +110 is a decent number i think, better than -500 at least. But cant go bananas on Gall. During a year, this is the fight that potentially could be an upset, since we dont know to much about Gall. Maybe hes a complete pussy who gives up in round 2 due to lack of cardio. Im betting him only in a parlay with 5 units, which is a small/mediocre bet for me. Werdum is a bigger bet (11 units) Since i know more about how the fight is panning out, and can apply an effective hedge if necessary.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

lol people capping this fight based on 2 year old footage of when Punk first started training

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

- Former pro wrestler CM Punk begins his training camp for his UFC debut. His wife becomes concerned when the star faces unforeseen challenges in his new sport. Punk gets a serious test in the form of a wild sparring session at the gym.

- Former pro wrestler CM Punk continues his quest to become an MMA fighter. His wife reluctantly attends a sparring session to see his progress. The couple decides to move to Milwaukee to be closer to the gym, but just as everything is starting to come together for the fighter, he experiences a devastating setback.

- After months of rehabbing a shoulder injury, CM Punk is eager to get back in the gym. Once he's finally cleared to train again, Punk makes positive strides and learns the name of his first opponent in the UFC. He also takes a fan comic book shopping and celebrates Christmas with his wife.

- With an opponent named and a date set for his first fight, CM Punk possesses unprecedented motivation -- but must slow his training to recover from back surgery. Punk's opponent Mickey Gall comes face to face with the star at a UFC event.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 09-07-16 at 02:03 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Overeem and Werdum are the bets here boys....only way you could EVER justify taking CM if early -HOPE HE WEIGHS IN HEAVY AS penetrate....then by decision if he somehow lays and prays that's it....

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    The only evidence ever presented for fixing in MMA was for Kimbo against Seth Petruzelli.

For all the good it did him.
    There were a lot more fixes in mma than that.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Overeem and Werdum are the bets here boys....only way you could EVER justify taking CM if early -HOPE HE WEIGHS IN HEAVY AS penetrate....then by decision if he somehow lays and prays that's it....
    I'm on both of them as well!

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I dont like to bet on fighter in -300 range, especially not when they are unproven, little to no tape. And even if you believe the discrepancy are large, many times youre mistaken. Its easier to bet on cerrone fighting, you know his style, weaknesses bla bla.

But this CM punk guy, hes not athletic, his old, he doesnt have a background in martial arts, hes turning away from punches in the gym, his hands appear god awful etc. I dont think gall is a world beater, but from what i can see from tape, this should be more like -400 maybe more. Gall has actually won 3 amateur fights as well, and won. He just appears way better, this is his 6th fight in total and i think you get a lot of experience, from going three rounds also, as he has done prior. For anyone who has been fighting in a ring, its way different than sparring in training. You cant really prepare, pulse goes waaaaay up, and youre totally run on instinct and automatic. MMA debut in the ufc, good luck cm punk...gooooooood fakkkkking luck!
    Yeah I don't think most people realize the huge difference between training and being in shape vs. having good cardio in a real fight that counts. I've commentated hundreds of fights live cage side. You get a totally different perspective when you're a few feet from the fight vs. watching on tv. The biggest issue with young fighters is their lack of experience and with that comes a weak gas tank. Punk has no prior experience. All his star power and popularity goes out the window when he steps in the cage. Even if Punk is good it will be hard for him to find his real groove in his 1st fight. Mickey has more experience, he is on a fast learning curve, and he also has top notch training at his disposal. Barring a fluke it's Gall all the way - probably by stoppage in the 1st.

BJ I think you saw Mickey went 3 rounds in his ammy fight. He did go 3 rounds (I actually commentated that fight) but they were 2 minute rounds. Most fighters, as you know, start off in the ammys (at least over here on the east coast) where there are more rules, they wear shin pads, and they have shorter time limits. Once the fighter is comfortable enough he MAY turn pro. Mickey was highly touted before he made his ammy debut. He's gotten a lot better in the last 2 1/2 years.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

gall will starch punk its to obvious... gall is a huge 170er , more athletic, more explosive, more technique , better ground game and probably more power and better wrestling.....

punk isnt even a great athlete tbh, he has no previous martial arts experience either gall most likely trained for a while before even going amateur, then went amateur then had 2 pro fights and starched them both .... most likely subs him out in the first just the way hes been doing , tag him quick take him down or follow him down then take the neck quick ... just cant see how punk wins this fight but well see maybe its a trap but gall should win this fight, interested to see what theyd do with him next if theyd keep him in the ufc or tell him to fight somewhere else for a bit and come back again? either way he took an opportunity and ran with it lets see if he shines , i think he will just like he did in his last make or break fight to even continue on with this cm punk ( first fight ever in the ufc , starches a guy in 1 minute )

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Yeah I don't think most people realize the huge difference between training and being in shape vs. having good cardio in a real fight that counts. I've commentated hundreds of fights live cage side. You get a totally different perspective when you're a few feet from the fight vs. watching on tv. The biggest issue with young fighters is their lack of experience and with that comes a weak gas tank. Punk has no prior experience. All his star power and popularity goes out the window when he steps in the cage. Even if Punk is good it will be hard for him to find his real groove in his 1st fight. Mickey has more experience, he is on a fast learning curve, and he also has top notch training at his disposal. Barring a fluke it's Gall all the way - probably by stoppage in the 1st.

BJ I think you saw Mickey went 3 rounds in his ammy fight. He did go 3 rounds (I actually commentated that fight) but they were 2 minute rounds. Most fighters, as you know, start off in the ammys (at least over here on the east coast) where there are more rules, they wear shin pads, and they have shorter time limits. Once the fighter is comfortable enough he MAY turn pro. Mickey was highly touted before he made his ammy debut. He's gotten a lot better in the last 2 1/2 years.
    Thats true. I have only gone some amateur boxing fight, 2 min per round. But.......maaaaaaaan how tired you get. Its brutal. Its non stop action. You cant breath. I felt like i always was tired, even though i was in really unbelievable good shape. Were talkin resting pulse round 43-44. So, when youre that tired, you cant really think straight, and you make mistakes. So the experience factor having fought 6 times vs 0...thats just not fair. Look how many of the best guys in the world, they lost their first fight. And not against good guys either. Maybe a year later, they would have easily steam rolled the same guy that won against them in their debut.

I didnt know you had experience with commentating. Cool stuff.
    Last edited by bjpenn85; 09-06-16 at 04:09 PM.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    gall will starch punk its to obvious... gall is a huge 170er , more athletic, more explosive, more technique , better ground game and probably more power and better wrestling.....

punk isnt even a great athlete tbh, he has no previous martial arts experience either gall most likely trained for a while before even going amateur, then went amateur then had 2 pro fights and starched them both .... most likely subs him out in the first just the way hes been doing , tag him quick take him down or follow him down then take the neck quick ... just cant see how punk wins this fight but well see maybe its a trap but gall should win this fight, interested to see what theyd do with him next if theyd keep him in the ufc or tell him to fight somewhere else for a bit and come back again? either way he took an opportunity and ran with it lets see if he shines , i think he will just like he did in his last make or break fight to even continue on with this cm punk ( first fight ever in the ufc , starches a guy in 1 minute )
    If Gall wins he definitely stays in the UFC. He probably stays if he loses. Gall will have drawing power now after this fight.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Thats true. I have only gone some amateur boxing fight, 2 min per round. But.......maaaaaaaan how tired you get. Its brutal. Its non stop action. You cant breath. I felt like i always was tired, even though i was in really unbelievable good shape. Were talkin resting pulse round 43-44. So, when youre that tired, you cant really think straight, and you make mistakes. So the experience factor having fought 6 times vs 0...thats just not fair. Look how many of the best guys in the world, they lost their first fight. And not against good guys either. Maybe a year later, they would have easily steam rolled the same guy that won against them in their debut.

I didnt know you had experience with commentating. Cool stuff.
    Check out my Avatar! LOL

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Check out my Avatar! LOL
    There it is!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

agreed

Hugo de Naranja

I'm pretty confident Gall wins and I agree it will probably be by early stoppage but I'd be careful about getting too exposed to this fight since we don't have much information about either guy.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I wonder if Punk will even make weight.

PaperTrail07

doubt it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I wonder if Punk will even make weight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Dude is a can.. I said that about Brock Lesnar but he was juiced to the hilt when he laid on old fat man Mark Hunt... Brock Lesnar has also been around MMA longer then CM Punk when comparing WWE wrestling stars..

Got Can?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-07-16 at 11:50 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock lesnar was a legitimate NCAA wrestling champion and known tough guy , he's super aggressive and just has that fighters mentality, steroids or not he'd be a top 15 heavyweight in the world just on natural athletic ability plus his wrestling pedigree .... Cm punk isn't an explosive athlete, seems timid and has 0 real wrestling experience it's completely different scenario imo.. Plus lesnar was throw into the fire quick dude was fighting randy couture for the title like 3-4 fights in.. Cm punk is fighting a 24 year old with 2 mma fights in regional shows so take it with a grain of salt.

Gall should win this fight handily but with such unknown factors you cannot lay -250+ or anything big on this fight ... Throw a 50 or hundo on the sub prop or something along those lines and just enjoy the freakshow imo, I'm more interested in seeing if gall can develope into a real UFC talent then seeing how good a wwe superstar is at mma
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I saw CM Punk Training his stand up is horrendous.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

'Send that man back, crying' - Alistair Overeem to Mickey Gall

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

For Christ Sake, +400 on Punk. Im absolutely taking a big swing, in a scripted entertainment fight. I'll take +400 with JJ in the ring.

Hugo de Naranja

doubt it
    I'd bet some betpoints with you on this if you want. I think he'll make weight.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Punk looks old and washed up with no punching power at all

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

CM Punk to win via choke you can see the script being that

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    CM Punk to win via choke you can see the script being that
    Fixhunter how much are you going to bet on it? 10/10 full stake?

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I think CM Punk is gonna lose in 20 seconds. Takedown submission!

Ive seen the footage and its obvious everybody helds back against him. Ive never even seen any footage of him attacking somebody and looking good or having that fighting spirit. He looks like that dude in the gym that does it but everybody knows hes garbage.

PaperTrail07

100 Straight up? I'm game
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'd bet some betpoints with you on this if you want. I think he'll make weight.

Hugo de Naranja

Done.

Hugo de Naranja

Looks like Punk made 170 on the dot.