docwatson
    docwatson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Doc's Horse Racing Index for Sunday August 21st, 2016

First the Total's:

Over 39 Races through five days posted at SBR. Winning tickets in 21 (53.8%) of them.

Exacta $1,920 In $3,050.30 Out +$1130.30 Profit ROI = +58.9%

Trifecta $3,672 In $6,944.37 Out +3,272.37 Profit ROI = +89.1%

Make no mistake there are ebbs and flows to horse racing. Weather its a track bias that isn't account for, or its just a day that the favorites seem to get us right at the wire on every race to cut into the profits. It's important to not wager more than 4% (3% if you can) of your bank on each race.

If you scroll to row 770 you'll see that my top 5 (Column "F") win at a 65% clip with place horse getting there 67% of the time. This hit rate is why I structure tickets the way I do. I have no fear of gamblers ruin, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Good record keeping over the years has helped me weather the losing streaks, and point out weak spots in my handicapping. As you can see I keep track of all my races, and it's all right there for all to see.

On to Sunday 8/21/2016:

Covering FOUR tracks today and 5 races, but I may come in later with some Ellis & Del Mar. Tracks so far are Gulfstream, Monmouth, Saratoga, and Woodbine. Always check back for changes in case of late scratches or track condition changes.

NOTE: Don't bet too early as I will drop a race from the list if the right scratches are made, or if the track conditions change.

At the bottom of the sheet I have wagering bundles, and instruction tabs (3 tabs total). I've tried to come up with the best way to structure tickets for all budgets. I encourage everyone to read this as it explains how the Index works, and the bettor can get the best use out of it.

Play within your means.

URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1929474103

May The Winners Be Yours!!!!

Doc

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

doc...your wager tab recommends .50 tri wagers but it looks like you "score" the wagers based upon a $1 tri wager in your main tab?

docwatson

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    doc...your wager tab recommends .50 tri wagers but it looks like you "score" the wagers based upon a $1 tri wager in your main tab?
    Yeah, but the my totals at the start of this thread are based on the $0.50 wagers. In two races yesterday I won both trifecta wagers. The Del Mar 6th and 7th races which did equal the $1 ticket. I start a new sheet after Labor day, and will change it to the $0.50 wagers to avoid confusion at that time.

Remember you can wager whatever amount you want. I just went the cheapest route for Trifecta's when setting up the Wagering Bundles. To help the novices and begging gamblers.

Doc

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

"Yeah, but the my totals at the start of this thread are based on the $0.50 wagers. In two races yesterday I won both trifecta wagers."

OK makes sense thanks

mike0711
    mike0711's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

Small better qustion

I only want to wager $6 on a race and my book doesn't take $.50 bets on tris. Would you suggest boxing your ABC picks or another strategy. Thanks

docwatson

Quote Originally Posted by mike0711 View Post
    I only want to wager $6 on a race and my book doesn't take $.50 bets on tris. Would you suggest boxing your ABC picks or another strategy. Thanks
    Hi Mike,

No don't box the three horses for the Trifecta's for $1. At six bucks all you can do is this....
    $1.00 Exacta A,B,C WITH D,E

Yesterday this would be $84 In and $89.20 Out for a +6.2% ROI. If you could afford another $6 I'd throw in the C-Leg of Wagering Bundling #1 also.

$1.00 Exacta D,E WITH A,B,C

Yesterday this would've been $168 In and $328.20 Out for a ROI of +195.6%

If $6 is your top amount then one of those two wagers would work for you. Just whichever one you chose stick with it for the day. Never flip-flop or zig-zag. Worse thing in the world you can do for the day.

Good luck either way.

Doc
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

Hey Doc are we playing the California tracks later today?

docwatson

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    Hey Doc are we playing the California tracks later today?
    Nah. We have two races left, and then I'm calling it a day.

Doc

docwatson

Late scratch of the B-Ranked Number 8. Adjustments posted

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

missed that scratch no time to change oh well....loaded up all five races today and going into the last race I'm down about 70% this weekend on the picks...missing del mat yesterday crushed me....oh well have enough for two race next week

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

chalky 9-5-7-2 woodbine

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

$18.70 on the Tri. LMFAO I've never seen it that low...SUPER didnt even break $100 for the love of gawd

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status

yeah still trying to figure out how I hit both exacta and tri and LOST $$$ on that race....guess too much chalk

docwatson

Okay that does it for Sunday as it was rather chalky.

Five races and tickets were cashed in three of them.

Exacta: $240 In & $185.40 Out = -$54.60

Trifecta: $468 In & $292.00 Out = -$176

Doc