daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    ....Sorry Pavy

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Any time there's a snow storm in the north or a fire in the west you hear about it non stop. Sandy was a Weeks worth of coverage. Why? Because it's in the north. If the media covers this and not the Ryan Lochtne obsession, which they deemed more important, Obama doesnt need to get down. He brings attention & cameras.
    I don't think the country realizes how bad it is there. Over 110,000 homes destroyed. Hardly any had flood insurance. Not even getting to the property & business damage. Basically talking about a city larger than Boise & Birmingham or roughly the same size as Buffalo washed away...and you wouldn't even know it.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Blows my mind that he can't make an appearance. He's one sick dude.
    What is an appearance supposed to do, bring the tide down? Where was Donald during Hurricane Katrina, dont get caught up in the politics.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

So it is everyone else's fault that these people were too cheap to buy flood insurance? You buy flood insurance thru govt authorized agencies. I know they ask me all the time if i want to go to school for it. The reason it isn't on tv is because most to the people that lost were black. Funny trump wrote a check for 100,000 to one church. Hate to break the news to him but most likely that money only covered that church members after the preacher took his out first. As my grandpappy always said " You never meet a poor preacher or undertaker

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Home
    elections

REVEALED: Trump Did NOT Donate Truckload Of Supplies To Louisiana Flood Victims

AUGUST 22ND, 2016 CONOVER ELECTIONS, NEWS, POLITICS34 COMMENTS
    Facebook Twitter

Print
    Email
    Republish

It should come as a shock to no one ever that Donald Trump’s photo op in Louisiana in which he appeared to have donated a truckload full of goods, was all a lie, according to Occupy Democrats. It was just for show. Donald’s history of his generous charitable donations has previously been proven false, too. Don’t believe me? Look at his tax returns. If only we could.
    David Fahrenthold of The Washington Post tried to find out if Donald did donate the goods. He asked a local Ascension Parish spokesperson whether Donald had donated the supplies in question. “We don’t have any info abt a donation truck that came from him directly,” the spokesperson said.

It was reported that Donald said he donated the truckload full of goods for the victims of the worst flood since Hurricane Katrina.
    And then there’s this:
    The Trump campaign is also telling Fox News that Donald Trump has made a $100,000 donation to the Louisiana Flood Relief Fund, as the state’s Governor John Bel Edwards had publicly asked him to. But when asked, the fund is declining to confirm that any such donation exists.

Trump supporters are being played for suckers. Trump campaign paid out $773,000 to reimburse various Trump affiliated companies for expenses. Almost $7.7 million has been paid out to Trump companies or Trump’s family members to cover campaign expenditures, according to filings.

Instead of spending on increasing staff or organizing, the campaign spent $1.8 million on hats and other merchandise.
    On Sunday, a relief worker from Baton Rouge asked, “Trump. Seriously. Where is the check. Like where is the f***ing check. My people are drowning.”
    “Our Governor literally told him…that Trump is welcome in our state but if he’s coming he better be volunteering or writing a sizable check to assist with recovery,” Neva Butkus wrote on Facebook. “A 60 second video of him unloading play-doh from a truck does not count.”
    “My friends and co-workers that haven’t lost everything are taking off work (my boyfriend is taking PTO) to clean out people’s homes and rip out sheet rock and carpet. Give us money or GTFO,” Butkus continued. “I don’t want to see you in your suit in AUGUST carrying boxes off a truck like you care about us. Louisiana is an incredible place. Baton Rouge is my home and I have watched people drop EVERYTHING to help one another during this time.”
    “The whole country seems to be floored by the generosity and love that our residents show each other during tough times, but to us this is normal. This is Louisiana. And you do not belong here,” the relief worker added.
    But the 49 second photo-op was all Donald’s supporters needed to bash President Obama and Hillary Clinton for not visiting the state even though Governor John Bel Edwards specifically asked them not to at this time due to not wanting to divert badly needed resources from the victims and the flooded areas which direly need attention. Thirteen people died and tens of thousands of people have been displaced in Louisiana. Donald used them for a photo-op.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

They weren't in a floodplain. Hadn't flooded in 100+ years.. Who is going to buy flood insurance when they aren't in a floodplain? . Though this thread is directed to Obama, My frustration is with the media...not so much Obama.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    They weren't in a floodplain. Hadn't flooded in 100+ years.. Who is going to buy flood insurance when they aren't in a floodplain? . Though this thread is directed to Obama, My frustration is with the media...not so much Obama.
    when is the last time you wrecked? Me was in 1992. I have been carrying car insurance for ever. I never had a flood in cincinnati or earthquake but i stillcarried it. I have life insurance. I have never died before. I have cancer expense and check plan but never had cancer. You don't need insurance until you need insurance. Also cincinnati is called the 7 hills. But i would rather pay for something and not need it. How many guys carry a rubber in their wallet but no way in hell they are getting laid

chico2663

My cousin lives in broussard and she had it. They are under water

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    when is the last time you wrecked? Me was in 1992. I have been carrying car insurance for ever. I never had a flood in cincinnati or earthquake but i stillcarried it. I have life insurance. I have never died before. I have cancer expense and check plan but never had cancer. You don't need insurance until you need insurance. Also cincinnati is called the 7 hills. But i would rather pay for something and not need it. How many guys carry a rubber in their wallet but no way in hell they are getting laid
    Rubber in their wallet..

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    How people will act when Obama is gone.

yes, this shitty economy and paying more money for less health insurance w/ massive deductibles ... these are the good old days.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Embarassment

Garbage

Terror

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Local response to federal effort after Katrina, 2005:
    "I haven't seen a single FEMA guy. FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control. We can send massive amounts of aid to tsunami victims, but we can't bail out the city of New Orleans." --New Orleans's emergency operations chief Terry Ebbert

Local response to federal effort after LA flooding, 2016:
    “An excellent job. They’ve gotten good at it, and they actually do care." --Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser(R) of Louisiana

First ... 4567