klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Eagles acquire Dorial Green-Beckham

Eagles traded run of the mill G/T Dennis Kelly to the Titans for WR Dorial Green-Beckham. Seems kind of a one sided trade to me. Dennis Kelly is average at best, always been a good fill-in guy with experience all over the offensive line. He definitely gives them depth.
    What is the problem with DGB? 32 catches for 549 yards and for touchdowns in his rookie year is far from spectacular but its ok for a rookie. 30 of his 32 catches were for 1st downs, an average that led the league. Is he a head case? Is he hitting the pipe? Locker room distraction? Hell the guy is 6'5" 237 lbs, decent speed, good hands, looks like the kind of end zone threat the Eagles need!
    GO BIRDS!!!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

GREAT REPORTING

I like the pickup as it will free up Matthews as well

Really hoping they throw out of 2 tight end set this year.....

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

The way they worked the TE's in Kansas City you would think the Ertz would have a big year, but we've been saying that for three years now. Who knows?
    I just hope this kid isn't another T.O. and can handle the media in Philly. Just shut your mouth, catch the ball and stay away from steroids and cops!

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

I was traveling in the car 14 hours this last weekend and therefore listening to all types of sports radio. They talked about DGB and how much of a bust he was. Was something like 5th on the depth chart. Coaches didn't like his preparation and route running. With Tenn he was going nowhere. They did say his only hope would be going to a new organization. Well, here's his chance. Wonder if he will take advantage of it. Unfortunately most of these knuckleheads never get it.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Lol why make a thread about this? Minor news.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    GREAT REPORTING

I like the pickup as it will free up Matthews as well

Really hoping they throw out of 2 tight end set this year.....
    Has Matthews learned to catch yet? Never saw so many easy drops in my lifetime.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Lol why make a thread about this? Minor news.
    It's big news here in Philly!
    I suppose I should start a thread about JJ Gold's toupee or maybe about Trump or Hillary talking more bullsh!t.

Maybe make some crappy picks for us twizzle stick! That's always thread worthy!

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

another wr to drop more passes eagles have a good shot at having the most dropped passes in history this year between matthews and DGB

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    It's big news here in Philly!
    I suppose I should start a thread about JJ Gold's toupee or maybe about Trump or Hillary talking more bullsh!t.

Maybe make some crappy picks for us twizzle stick! That's always thread worthy!
    You got the wrong guy Klemo. My picks have been rock solid all year.

Anyways I'm from Philly and still live here. My point is, why would anyone else care about this trade?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

For amusememt. Although philly does like some cincy bearcats

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

Actually I wanted some insight from some Titans fans (if there is such a thing),What is the deal with this Green-Beckham guy? I want to know what to boo the most at, Philly fans need to be informed y'know? Seems to be the thug/athlete kind of guy from what I read, runs crappy routes and doesn't give it his all. He'll get used to hearing boos real fast!

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Latest team pic of the Eagles at training camp...
    [IMG][/IMG]

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

The idea of trading away a reserve offensive tackle when your starter at RT is going to miss 10 games for blowing up a PED test isn't that bright either!

Guess they'll be scouring the waiver wires for tackles the next few weeks.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Why would the Titans give up on DGB so fast? Why would they trade him for a ham and egger lineman? The word on the street in Missouri was he was warned at the end of last season about his attitude and when he returned to the team this season he showed up out of shape to camp and with an attitude again. The new regime shipped him out of town. Those that know DGB around town understand he brings baggage and the Eagles just got a bag full of it

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Why would the Titans give up on DGB so fast? Why would they trade him for a ham and egger lineman? The word on the street in Missouri was he was warned at the end of last season about his attitude and when he returned to the team this season he showed up out of shape to camp and with an attitude again. The new regime shipped him out of town. Those that know DGB around town understand he brings baggage and the Eagles just got a bag full of it
    Too many good receivers in the league to carry around baggage

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I think Tenn was taking a flyer on him from what they were hearing and seeing from his behavior at OU running with the Scout team for Bob Stoops. Dude definitely has skills and if someone can get his head right they've got a good one on their hands. People around the KC Chiefs were wondering why they wouldn't go for him, and it's easy because the Chiefs already have their allotment of problem children in Peters, Hill, and Williams.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

The Eagles does not have a good QB to throw him the ball lol.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    What is the problem with DGB?
    One of the worst character guys ever to come out of college. Showed promise on the field for the Titans, and they still let him go for a mediocre OLman. Red flag on top of another red flag. That's the problem.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Too many good receivers in the league to carry around baggage
    Yeah well none of them play for Philly, that's why they got him in here. If he can catch a fade in the corner of the end zone a half dozen times a year then the trade is well worth it. It shows how desperate the Eagles are right now, nothing is clicking on the offense at all.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

He will fit right in