Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

WADA sexed up anti-Russia case, implicated clean athletes – Australian media report

Hey Cooch...How 'bout them apples! Look what your own Aussie paper prints now. I told you that you were a clueless Russphobe right from the beginning.

WADA ‘sexed up’ anti-Russia case, implicated clean athletes – Australian media, citing officials

Published time: 4 Aug, 2016 13:00Edited time: 4 Aug, 2016 14:56

A number of Russian athletes were named in WADA’s McLaren report despite there being no evidence they had committed doping offenses, according to sources cited by The Australian newspaper, who also say this was done to try and initiate a blanket Russian Rio ban.
    The McLaren report, which was commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), accused the Russian state of being complicit in helping to cover up positive doping tests and led WADA and a number of Western anti-doping agencies to call for Russia to be excluded from the Olympics.

The Australian alleges that there are members within the International Olympic Committee (IOC) who believe the release of the McLaren report on the eve of the Olympics was designed to set off the “nuclear option” of issuing a blanket ban on Russia competing at the games.

Once it was clear that the IOC was not going to support a full ban, the author of the report, the Canadian lawyer Richard McLaren, handed over the names of Russian athletes who had been cited in his document to the 28 federations.
    These names had initially not been published when the report was first made public on July 18. However, The paper’s sources reportedly said that WADA now has a problem as it “had been caught short not having enough detail to justify some of the claims against athletes.”
    “They sexed it up which is crazy because now the entire report is under scrutiny and I am sure most of the report is absolutely accurate. It just puts question marks where question marks should not be,” a sports official told the publication.
    The president of the Australian Olympic Committee, John Coates, who is also an IOC vice president, reportedly wrote to Australia’s Health Minister Susan Ley, saying that the IOC had a “lack of confidence in WADA.”

The Australian also reports that the IOC “has issued an urgent notice to all sports to reassess whether a Russian competitor was ‘implicated’ in the McLaren report, which may lead to some Russians being reinstated for Rio.”
    McLaren said there was evidence that 170 Russian athletes, the majority of whom were set to compete in Rio, had previously had positive doping tests destroyed by the Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory.
    Following further analysis of the samples carried out at the Moscow laboratory, it was found that Russian samples were split into four separate categories of seriousness. However, one of these categories was for samples which were not considered serious at all.
    “We were asked to make a judgment about Russian competitors based on McLaren’s report but without having any of the detail to understand the significance of them being named,” a senior sports official said, as cited by The Australian. “Now to be told that there were four different categories - why weren’t we told this at the very beginning? It’s a mess and it’s WADA’s fault.’’
    Russian swimmers Vladimir Morozov and Nikita Lobintsev were two athletes initially banned from competing at the Rio games, despite the pair never having failed a drugs test in their careers.
    The Australian says the swimmers had an “S” next to their name in their profile documents from the Moscow Anti-Doping Agency. However, the paper states this was possibly not a code to “save” them by changing their test samples, but was rather likely to be a minor transgression such as an out of competition positive test for cannabis.
    Morozov and Lobintsev appealed their bans to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), which subsequently deferred the case to the IOC. A three-person panel from the organization eventually ruled that the pair would be allowed to compete, TASS reported citing an IOC ruling they obtained.
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 08-04-16 at 12:52 PM.

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Jesus Christ, enough with this Russian crap already? Poor SBR posters are more annoyed with this BS already than with penguins. Nobody here cares about Russia and it's stupid nonsense! I don't care, and I'm Russian

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Antibet View Post
    Jesus Christ, enough with this Russian crap already? Poor SBR posters are more annoyed with this BS already than with penguins. Nobody here cares about Russia and it's stupid nonsense! I don't care, and I'm Russian
    You don't care, because you are NOT Russian...you're a sorry ass refugee who gave up his right to be called Russian when you left the Motherland.

Now go find another penguin video to jerk off to dumbfukk....

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

It's kind of big if John Coates really did say the IOC does not trust WADA.

Australian media (and Aussie sports administrators/athletes) are always one of the harshest and loudest critics of drug cheats. A big number of Australians firmly believe zero, or close to it, Aussie athletes cheat in any way.

Anyway, if it's a Murdoch owned Aussie paper saying this stuff you can be sure WADA/McLaren have likely really really goofed this time... probably more than has even been revealed so far.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's kind of big if John Coates really did say the IOC does not trust WADA.

Australian media (and Aussie sports administrators/athletes) are always one of the harshest and loudest critics of drug cheats. A big number of Australians firmly believe zero, or close to it, Aussie athletes cheat in any way.

Anyway, if it's a Murdoch owned Aussie paper saying this stuff you can be sure WADA/McLaren have likely really really goofed this time... probably more than has even been revealed so far.
    It is a huge deal, mate...that was exactly my thinking on this.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Kettle trust me - we get it...WADA loves clean athletes like Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones, Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis, Linford Christie, Michelle Collins, Crystal Cox, Tyson Gay, Tim Montgomery...etc

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Linford Christie,he may have juiced,but he is still a legend in England.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Double standards all around mate...imagine if a Russian athlete pulled something similar to your cyclist?

World road cycling champion Lizzie Armitstead. © Bryn Lennon / Getty Images / AFP

World road cycling champion Lizzie Armitstead has been cleared to compete at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio after successfully winning an appeal against an anti-doping rule violation, with the decision sparking criticism.
    The British rider missed three drugs tests in a 12-month period, but one of them has now been declared void.

Armitstead, who is one of the favorites to win gold in the women's road race in Rio, faced a two-year ban if her appeal had failed.
    Olympic gold medal winning rower Zac Purchase and respected journalist Matthew Syed both criticized the decision on Twitter, questioning whether Armitstead had been treated differently because she wasn't Russian.

UK Anti-Doping charged Armitstead on July 11 with three ‘whereabouts’ failures – two during 2015, with the third a missed test on June 9 this year following "an emergency change of plans due to a serious illness within her family."

Armitstead did not contest the second two faults, but successfully appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) over the first missed test, which happened at a team hotel in Sweden.
    "I have always been and will always be a clean athlete and have been vocal in my anti-doping stance throughout my career," Armitstead said in a statement.
    "I am pleased that CAS has accepted my position, having provided detailed information demonstrating the situation around my strikes."
    It's understood the UKAD official failed to explain to hotel staff why he wanted to know Armitstead's room number at her team hotel when attempting to conduct the test.
    Having been refused the information by the hotel, he tried to contact Armitstead on a mobile phone which was on silent while she slept.
    It appears no further attempts were made by the official and a missed test was registered with UKAD.
    "This issue was one of administration and was the result of UKAD not following proper procedure nor fully attempting to make contact with me despite clear details being provided under 'whereabouts,'" added Armitstead.
    "I was tested in competition the day after this test (in August 2015), reinforcing my position that I do not cheat and had no intention of not being tested.
    "I think that there should be clearer guidelines for those administrating tests and would like to work with UKAD going forward to explore how this can be better addressed in the future so no other athlete is put in this position.
    "Meanwhile, I hope that UKAD can now return to the important job of making sure all athletes are clean and that Rio is the clean Olympics that we all want.
    "I understand how important it is to be vigilant in my role as a professional athlete and realise the potential implications this could have had.
    "I would like to thank British Cycling and the team around me for all of their help and support.
    "I am very much looking forward to putting this situation behind me and firmly focusing on Rio again after what has been an extremely difficult time for myself and my family."
    UKAD confirmed Armitstead did not query the first missed drugs test until her place in Rio was under threat.
    She was given the opportunity to challenge that missed test, raising questions as to why she waited until the third before doing so.
    Nicole Sapstead, chief executive of UKAD, said: "Ms Armitstead chose not to challenge the first and second whereabouts failures at the time they were asserted against her.
    "At the CAS hearing, Ms Armitstead raised a defense in relation to the first whereabouts failure, which was accepted by the panel.
    "We are awaiting the reasoned decision from the CAS panel as to why the first whereabouts failure was not upheld.
    "The collection of whereabouts information plays a key role in delivering a robust anti-doping programme.
    "Knowing where an athlete is, and what their movements are, is a vital component of our intelligence-led testing programme and ensures that effective and unannounced out-of-competition testing can be conducted at any time, in any place, 365 days a year."
    Other British athletes have suffered at the hands of the ‘whereabouts’ rule, most notably former 400m Olympic champion Christine Ohuruogu, who was suspended for 12 months in 2006 after missing three tests.
    Top distance runner Mo Farah went into London 2012 only one failure away from a possible ban after two whereabouts failures.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

I know most of them try to get an advantage,don't matter what country their from.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Anyone with a clue knows that IOC is basically another FIFA...

Opti gets it.

OP pissed that although WADA knew the russians were running doping factories for athletes that they couldnt prove it and thus decided to be as underhanded in the report as the Russians were at delivering athletes clean test results

Its ok pal...Enjoy watching the handful of russian athletes who are competing at this years games
    Last edited by ACoochy; 08-04-16 at 09:16 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post

Opti gets it.

OP pissed that although WADA knew the ruski's were running doping factories for athletes that they couldnt prove it and thus decided to be as underhanded in the report as the Russians were at delivering athletes clean test results

Its ok pal...Enjoy watching the handful of russian athletes who are competing at this years games
    Cooch, it's Ok to admit, that McLaren's report was nothing but a joke.
    The invitation of Russian athletes to join the games in Rio but not under the Russian flag meant that the target of this monstrous campaign is not the use of illegal substances in sport but Russia. Everyone sees it but you.

A handful of Russians? 280 athletes will be there...I'm good with that.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Russians and doping go together like peanut butter and jelly.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Cooch, it's Ok to admit, that the thought of clean Russian athletes is nothing but a joke.
    The invitation of Russian athletes to join the games in Rio but not under the Russian flag meant that the target of this monstrous campaign is not the use of illegal substances in sport but Russia. Everyone sees that Russian officials are dodgier than a obstacle course...

A handful of Russians? 280 athletes will be there...I'm good with that.
    Fixed your post...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Fixed your post...
    Cool story Cooch!

"...A number of Russian athletes were named in WADA’s McLaren report despite there being no evidence they had committed doping offenses, according to sources cited by The Australian newspaper"

Hey at least he tried!

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Nobody noticed Rocket's tag at the end of his thread title "Australian Media Report"

grease lightnin
    &

Opti gets it.

OP pissed that although WADA knew the ruski's were running doping factories for athletes that they couldnt prove it and thus decided to be as underhanded in the report as the Russians were at delivering athletes clean test results

Cooch! Change all your passwords. NOW!

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Cooch! Change all your passwords. NOW!
    Greaser my stepmom is russian and that's how she calls her fellow citizens...

I've never asked her but is calling Russian people by that name the same as when African American people call one another 'that' word and its ok but anyone outside that culture who says it is deemed a racist?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Nobody noticed Rocket's tag at the end of his thread title "Australian Media Report"
    They don't call you hawk eye for nothing Greaser

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I've never asked her but is calling Russian people by that name the same as when African American people call one another 'that' word and its ok but anyone outside that culture who says it is deemed a racist?
    What name cooch? Rysski?

It means Russian in Russian...that's an exact Russian pronunciation of the word "Russian".

There is absolutely nothing derogatory about it and anyone can say it.
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 08-04-16 at 09:27 PM.

ACoochy

What name cooch?
    Ruski...

Its slang yeah?

ACoochy

What name cooch? Rysski?

It means Russian in Russian...that's an exact Russian pronunciation of the word "Russian".

There is absolutely nothing derogatory about it and anyone can say it.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Ruski...
    It's like you'd say I'm Australian...and I'd say - Ya Rysski (I'm Russian)

It's only a derogatory word in US for some strange reason.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Russian doping? Sure, but I'd wager athletes from all countries doing same thing.

grease lightnin
    &

It is a dergatory name in the US. Apparently Rocket doesn't remember, but he got pretty pissed at me one time for trolling him with that name. I spelled it russkie (as I saw it spelled in a novel) and that pissed him off even more.

The argument ended with him saying something like "you'll be sorry". No lie, I changed all my passwords right then.

ACoochy

It is a dergatory name in the US. Apparently Rocket doesn't remember, but he got pretty pissed at me one time for trolling him with that name. I spelled it russkie (as I saw it spelled in a novel) and that pissed him off even more.

The argument ended with him saying something like "you'll be sorry". No lie, I changed all my passwords right then.

Hence the earlier post...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

I remember at getting mad at you for trying to tell me what the correct way of spelling is, and not for calling me Rysski - don't twist the facts Greaser.