BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Do you pay taxes?

My uncle stumbled on a large amount of money (around 30 grand and most likely drug money, but you never know) in a duffel bag under some bushes and rubble back in the early 2000's while we were walking through some woods to get to the corner store. It looked like it had been sitting there forever and the bag had no personal details in it. I asked him how much will the IRS take out of it and he looked at me with a look of utter disgust and said "shyyyyyyyt, I aint giving those mother fckers a goddamn thing, they should be the ones paying me after all the years they have been fcking me. Fckk them, they can go to hell."

So he ended up pocketing all of the money and gave me $3000 of it. One of the best days of my life back then as a teen. It was a lot of money for me back then.

Ever since I heard my uncle say that about the IRS, I have grown not to like taxes as well.

But this has got me wondering. Does anyone here not pay taxes if you can avoid it?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Death and taxes bro

I bet you don't like tipping either

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Death and taxes bro

I bet you don't like tipping either
    I tip hard working waiters and waitresses all the time. They are trying to make it in this world just like everyone else.

What I don't like is how the IRS blatantly robs hard working common folk and they do it all the time and the government ends up using the money on completely useless shit that we always hear about.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

WHEN i hit at the race track on a tri; i always hope it pays 599 or less. 300-1 which minimum bet is considered 600 you pay.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    I tip hard working waiters and waitresses all the time. They are trying to make it in this world just like everyone else.

What I don't like is how the IRS blatantly robs hard working common folk and they do it all the time and the government ends up using the money on completely useless shit that we always here about.
    yup either welfare for rich or poor but never for middle class

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Of course no one enjoys paying taxes but the alternative is avoiding it and waiting for the IRS to destroy your life years later with taking everything you own when they come to get the back taxes you owe.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Of course no one enjoys paying taxes but the alternative is avoiding it and waiting for the IRS to destroy your life years later with taking everything you own when they come to get the back taxes you owe.
    Have you seen the list of things and programs the government spends tax dollars on? A lot of that shit is completely worthless and they are spending it like water.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    WHEN i hit at the race track on a tri; i always hope it pays 599 or less. 300-1 which minimum bet is considered 600 you pay.
    That should hopefully be changing in 2017.

http://app.bronto.com/public/viewmes...q811a9vv1z9qo3
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Foxx 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ATLIEN6
    ATLIEN6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

My uncle stumbled on a large amount of money (around 30 grand and most likely drug money, but you never know) in a duffel bag under some bushes and rubble back in the early 2000's while we were walking through some woods to get to the corner store. It looked like it had been sitting there forever and the bag had no personal details in it. I asked him how much will the IRS take out of it and he looked at me with a look of utter disgust and said "shyyyyyyyt, I aint giving those mother fckers a goddamn thing, they should be the ones paying me after all the years they have been fcking me. Fckk them, they can go to hell."

So he ended up pocketing all of the money and gave me $3000 of it. One of the best days of my life back then as a teen. It was a lot of money for me back then.

Ever since I heard my uncle say that about the IRS, I have grown not to like taxes as well.

But this has got me wondering. Does anyone here not pay taxes if you can avoid it?

I have to ask what part of Atlanta this was in..if it was? Finding a dufflebag full of cash...

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Have you seen the list of things and programs the government spends tax dollars on? A lot of that shit is completely worthless and they are spending it like water.
    I am aware of the stupidity of government spending. My point was there is one thing you can be sure of, if you don't pay your share they will eventually just take it from you. Your options are pay yearly or wait for them to take your house, your wages, and anything else you own. As I said before, no one likes it but it's part of life.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

You found my duffle bag. Thanks. Where can I reclaim my possession and $? Please advise.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Yes we all pay taxes.

Wesley Snipes? No... he doesn't.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

1st you ask about bank accounts now you ask about taxes..
    i smell bacon

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Yes, everyone here pays taxes on their losses

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

I pay, and more than I think is my fair share, and I don't make much. After Fed, SSI, Med, State, city, local taxes I'm left with about 2/3 my check, I've added it up and I pay around 27.5-28.5% in taxes, not counting OT, throw OT in and it can climb up towards 35%. If I only work 3-4 hours extra a week, I notice the extra money, but when they force mandatory OT and I work like 20+ hours over and feel like I went backwards. When you look at your check and you grossed 1200 and the net is 696, it demoralizing. Now I do have other deductions for healthcare/dental/HSA, but they are supposed be pre-tax, and are only about 50 bucks.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by ATLIEN6 View Post
    I have to ask what part of Atlanta this was in..if it was? Finding a dufflebag full of cash...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

don't mess with irs. haven't had a refund in forever.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Yes and they don't play. I was arguing with them one time about taxes and they took 20,000 out of my account at 1 time. I cried like a little girl.