1. #1
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    7.5k On Sixers OVER 22 Wins 2016-2017 Season

    I'm looking to head out to Vegas to put this in rather then using an offshore book.

    Never been to Vegas. Anyone have any suggestions on any books that will accept these futures bets?

  2. #2
    Manny0825
    Manny0825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-10-15
    Posts: 1,452
    Betpoints: 24

    I can't answer your question because I don't know, but I think that is a grade A wager. BOL!

  3. #3
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2032

    Ugh.

  4. #4
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by Manny0825 View Post
    I can't answer your question because I don't know, but I think that is a grade A wager. BOL!
    Thanks, now I just gotta find somewhere to book it!

  5. #5
    slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-13
    Posts: 21,365
    Betpoints: 4156

    Looks decent bet

  6. #6
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,185
    Betpoints: 3902

    Why is line so low?

  7. #7
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Westgate maybe

    Vegas is small time

  8. #8
    theRIGisin
    theRIGisin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-10-16
    Posts: 45
    Betpoints: 188

    good luck on that... trying to make money off a god awful team is not my cup of tea.

  9. #9
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,617
    Betpoints: 1368

    Sixers still aren't that good

  10. #10
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Sixers still aren't that good
    They have a completely different roster then the team that was trying to lose last year. Keep in mind that even the nets won 21 games last year. And this sixers team has no incentive to tank anymore.

  11. #11
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,617
    Betpoints: 1368

    Did the Nets have an incentive to tank or something? Nets sucks it got even worse when they lost their starting PG

  12. #12
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    No one here has any Vegas knowledge?

  13. #13
    cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-14
    Posts: 1,529
    Betpoints: 1679

    Here is a perspective...Look at all the 1st round draft picks from the last 10 years and see how their team did in the year before and after they drafted them...

    Simmons worth +12 wins??

    Itll be close...last year was honestly horrible

  14. #14
    klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-14
    Posts: 3,592
    Betpoints: 4761

    Simmons easily worth +12 wins. Plus Saric who is an above average sf who can bury a jump shot and if Embiid actually does play just 10-12 minutes a game he can add another 2 or 3 wins, they can surprise people this year. Okafor will be scoring at will with Simmons setting him up. Hell, he averaged 17 last year with a garbage PG! Noel is a top 5 defensive center, Henderson an above average defender, this is a very different team from last year.

  15. #15
    unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-19-10
    Posts: 4,168
    Betpoints: 3812

    books will give you the hairy eyeball for a bet that size on a future. you might stumble onto one that will take it but shop around and spread it out over 3 or 4 books if you get your price. here's what will happen: you'll go in and ask to make this bet. clerk will be polite but will say i have to check with the manager on this. they will be in the back room checking the line with all the other books in town to make sure they have right line. probably will come out and say we only have a 500.00 limit on this if they want it. if they take it they will notify all the other books that you could be headed there. line will change as soon as you walk into the next book to try to get more down. this is what they do.
    Last edited by unusialsusp5; 07-13-16 at 08:59 AM.
    Points Awarded:

    dlunc3 gave unusialsusp5 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  16. #16
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    books will give you the hairy eyeball for a bet that size on a future. you might stumble onto one that will take it but shop around and spread it out over 3 or 4 books if you get your price. here's what will happen: you'll go in and ask to make this bet. clerk will be polite but will say i have to check with the manager on this. they will be in the back room checking the line with all the other books in town to make sure they have right line. probably will come out and say we only have a 500.00 limit on this if they want it. if they take it they will notify all the other books that you could be headed there. line will change as soon as you walk into the next book to try to get more down. this is what they do.

  17. #17
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 9,676
    Betpoints: 13004

    Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Simmons easily worth +12 wins. Plus Saric who is an above average sf who can bury a jump shot and if Embiid actually does play just 10-12 minutes a game he can add another 2 or 3 wins, they can surprise people this year. Okafor will be scoring at will with Simmons setting him up. Hell, he averaged 17 last year with a garbage PG! Noel is a top 5 defensive center, Henderson an above average defender, this is a very different team from last year.
    lol saric isnt on the team this year pal

  18. #18
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 9,676
    Betpoints: 13004

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    lol saric isnt on the team this year pal
    wow my bad i just read an article few days ago saric saying it wouldnt make sense for him to come now i guess hes jumped ship

  19. #19
    Easy-Rider 66
    Racetrack Television Network
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 31,282
    Betpoints: 3603

    Yeah spread it among a couple of books so you do not need to give the Book your SS# for a collection over 10K if you score.
    Points Awarded:

    dlunc3 gave Easy-Rider 66 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  20. #20
    JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-14
    Posts: 18,220
    Betpoints: 7960

    damn thats a leap..

  21. #21
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    lol saric isnt on the team this year pal
    Yes he is. He announced it after winning MVP of the Olympic qualifier league last week.

  22. #22
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Adding saric, Simmons and Embid... Along with NBA caliber gaurds in Bayless, Henderson, ect... This is a completely different team then last year when they were TRYING to lose.

    Nets won 21 games last year with pure garbage players. Sixers should be able to win over 21 fairly quickly with all that talent added to a roster already including okafor and Noel. The east is terrible.

  23. #23
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,185
    Betpoints: 3902

    The east is not terrible like it was a few years ago. Pretty much every playoff team was. 500 or better.

    Sixers were pretty competitive in a lot of games last year. I still don't understand why the line is so low. I think line should be 25.5.

  24. #24
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The east is not terrible like it was a few years ago. Pretty much every playoff team was. 500 or better.

    Sixers were pretty competitive in a lot of games last year. I still don't understand why the line is so low. I think line should be 25.5.
    They were all .500 because they were all playing each other (aka other terrible teams). Other then Cleveland...Toronto and Boston might be next in line? Those teams might be 8 seeds out west. You know it's bad when charlotte is finishing 14 games about .500

  25. #25
    biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-05
    Posts: 13,161
    Betpoints: 1742

    where u seeing this future right now i dont see it on my books

    what do they have Boston and Toronto @??

  26. #26
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    where u seeing this future right now i dont see it on my books

    what do they have Boston and Toronto @??
    I saw 22 last week. Currently I see 21.5 -160 on 5imes. They don't have lines up for those other teams that you mentioned

  27. #27
    biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-05
    Posts: 13,161
    Betpoints: 1742

    doubtful u can find a book in vegas that will let u put more then a nickle. you will to find about 15 different books.

  28. #28
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    doubtful u can find a book in vegas that will let u put more then a nickle. you will to find about 15 different books.
    Are there ways to know available lines before flying out?

  29. #29
    USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-15-12
    Posts: 21,151
    Betpoints: 145

    lunker I'm jumping all over this as well...........i'm predicting at the very least 29-53 this year....just think this line is way off

  30. #30
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    lunker I'm jumping all over this as well...........i'm predicting at the very least 29-53 this year....just think this line is way off
    Yea the more I'm thinking about it I'm debating increasing to 10-15k... I don't understand it. I think they could actually fight for a playoff spot if (big if) embid is healthy

  31. #31
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 6,630
    Betpoints: 16283

    Most books in LV will take bets on NBA team totals; the number may differ so spend a day shopping around. As previously mentioned, spread it around so you don't have to deal with reporting crap.
    Points Awarded:

    dlunc3 gave DrunkHorseplayer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  32. #32
    dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-09
    Posts: 9,129
    Betpoints: 997

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Most books in LV will take bets on NBA team totals; the number may differ so spend a day shopping around. As previously mentioned, spread it around so you don't have to deal with reporting crap.
    Do you know if there is any way to check the lines before heading out there? I would hate to fly out and then not be able to find what I'm looking for. I doubt it, but figured id ask

  33. #33
    blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-28-16
    Posts: 427
    Betpoints: 551

    I'm not sure about playoffs...but I do think the over 22 should be a good bet. BOL

  34. #34
    unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-19-10
    Posts: 4,168
    Betpoints: 3812

    Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Yea the more I'm thinking about it I'm debating increasing to 10-15k... I don't understand it. I think they could actually fight for a playoff spot if (big if) embid is healthy
    moot point if it's a good bet or not (doesn't sound bad) but you will never get down more than 2k-3k before word spreads like wildfire out there that you are going around doing this. they call each other to protect the town's business. by the time you get to the 5th book line will go up 2 wins. as a matter of fact they read this and probably have already red flagged the bet just in case you follow through with this.
    Last edited by unusialsusp5; 07-13-16 at 06:35 PM. Reason: books don't like to lose money

  35. #35
    DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-30-12
    Posts: 4,479
    Betpoints: 1259

    fellas, if it is anything like the NFL they juice the shit before they add games.
    Of course, 82 vs. 16 makes a big difference.

    I also am a firm believer in not tying up a chunk of change for the better part of a year,
    especially when it isn`t for +$.
    -110,-120,-150.....no thanks.

12 Last
Top