CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Derozan signs 5 years 139mil with the Raptors

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

So is Lebron going to get 8 year $300 million?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

LeBron must be worth 45 million a year then

Almost every NBA players a high school type compared to LeBron

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

jeez, basketball contracts have been out of control the last two years.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3523

Stupid f@cks,he is no where near worth that sort of money.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

We the north raps are like me just tossing money away on garbage

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol

LeBron must be worth 45 million a year then

Almost every NBA players a high school type compared to LeBron

LeBron will sign a sweet 1 year contract after declaring free agency this year.

Then next year when the salary cap flood gates open he will sign a significant
    long term max contract.

League to teams: Significant salary-cap jumps loom

At this week's NBA Board of Governors meetings in New York, teams were advised ‎that the league's salary cap could rise past the $100 million mark as soon as the 2017-18 season, according to league sources.Sources told ESPN.com that based on current projections, league officials expect the salary cap to increase from its current $63.1 million figure to $67.1 million next season, $89 million in 2016-17 and $108 million in 2017-18. The jumps represent massive increases triggered largely by the influx of television money that will begin pouring in after the 2015-16 season, when the NBA's new nine-year, $24 billion TV deal kicks in.
    To put it into perspective, the largest salary-cap jump in history is $7 million in one season.
    ‎Sources say the league, though, has been careful to stress to its teams that these are not mere projections but are also contingent on the NBA and its players avoiding a work stoppage after the 2016-17 season. Both sides have the right to opt out of the current labor agreement by Dec. 15, 2016.
    NBA teams were informed Thursday of the latest salary-cap forecasts as well as ‎projected jumps in the luxury tax threshold from its current figure of $76.8 million to $81.6 million next season, $108 million in 2016-17 and $127 million in 2017-18, sources said.
    In subsequent years, sources said, league officials are projecting a slight decrease in the cap, down to $100 million in 2018-19 (with ‎a $121 million tax line), $102 million in 2019-20 (with a $124 million tax line) and $107 million in 2020-21 with a $130 million tax line.
    Last month, the NBA announced that the players' union had formally rejected a so-called "cap-smoothing" proposal that would have paid players the same 51 percent of basketball-related income they get under the current collective bargaining agreement while artificially lowering the cap over several years to prevent a big spike -- which would dramatically raise salary levels for free agents that season -- and would phase in the increase over several years.
    The league suggested that the difference be given to the union in a lump sum and divided evenly among all players so instead of a few free agents benefiting in 2016, all players would get a smaller piece of the TV rights deal increase. But National Basketball Players Association executive director Michele Roberts believed long term it would not be a benefit to the players, so the union rejected the proposal.
    Information from ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst was used in this report.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

They said a few years ago the money would be available and boy were they not lying. This is crazy.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Garbage

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Good for the Raps. They need another couple of pieces to complete though. The money they are getting is insane!

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Derozan is overpaid here...but this is the end result with this new NBA TV deal coming into place...Lebron should see about 45 million a year when he signs in New York next season...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Raps need an big timer to compete

Durant type

timmyd31
    timmyd31's Avatar Become A Pro!

32m a year for him? Are you kidding me...NBA is going to become a joke, these guys can not live up to these contracts....Mozgov is getting 16m a year!! Scored 15 points total in nba finals, joke... I need to go find a big big white guy and become his agent

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

the salary of most nba players are way too much for their game
    mosgov a guy who didnt sniff the court got a 65 mill deal
    what the hells goin on
    derozans atleast an allstar
    Batum signed a 120 mill contract like wtffff

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Raps need an big timer to compete

Durant type
    yes raps need a legit superstar
    mayb melo or durant

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This is correct with the new cap.

Mozgov 4/64 lol.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

I feel bad for the players of yesteryear who paved the path for these idiots. The good news as a lakers fan is we didn't lock ourselves up with this bum. The bad news is we got mozgov but that's only because of the floor issue.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the move tbh, derozan could've got a max offer from multiple teams
    he's not even in his prime yet, imagine he keeps workin on his 3 stroke and gets it around 40%, with his driving ability and mid range game plus his chemistry with Lowry and the rest of the team he was needed . He signed for 90% of the max giving us a 10% off home discount plus he could fromtload or backload his contract to help the team sign another player assuming we lose BIZ since people are supposedly offering him 15 mil + a year which I'd never pay for a backup C even though I love his game it's not worth the risk reward especially after our draft and rumblings of us going after a big in free agency with our remaining money if derozan waits a week to sign his contract ...

plus us all our young talent and deep bench I like the raps to finish top 5 in the east again, Pacers seemed to really Improve and we'll see if the Celtics make another move but the east is getting a bit better this year hopefully we can grab a stretch 4 in FA, was really hoping we'd give a draft pick for Ryan Anderson but that didn't work out then they said thunder wanted cojo, Powell, 9th pick and somebody else for Ibaka is laughable so thankfully we didn't reach

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

I mean Batum just got like 5 years $120 mill, so really not that bad. This is the NBA, you overpay for everyone. Raptors are content with winning in the regular season.

firekillex

Btw people sleeping on Batum he's a beast , triple double threat always and has a solid 3 point stroke + perimeter defender just needs to stay healthy

these nba contracts are huge mozgov is getting 10 a year nowadays

firekillex

Wow pacers... Just picked up al Jefferson now to jeeze
    jeff Teague, monta ellia, pg13, Myles turner or Thad young then al Jeff center
    thats a scary starting 5 if healthy

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

Pacers might be having the best offseason of any team.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Pacers might be having the best offseason of any team.
    By far... Swap George hill for a younger more talented Teague, keep the core group of pg13, monta Ellis and Myles turner, grab Thad young for a 20th pick which was a steal... Thad extremely underrated great defender to then grab al Jeff for offence and use Myles turner for defense they have size and can go small now with the players they have could easily be top 2 team in east this year

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    This is correct with the new cap.

Mozgov 4/64 lol.
    Can't believe that Mozgov got that kind of pay dirt... Lakers obviously desperate for a legit big man.. They got a big white stiff instead and paid a ton for him .. Mozy is ok, maybe not a stiff but not a dominate center either....

firekillex

Mozgov is actually a solid centre he just didn't get to play much in Cleveland
    i rememebr in Denver he was actually solid and could even stretch the floor by shooti 3s at a decent rate which is valuable these days, still overpaid though but good for him let's see if cavs swap and take hibbert now

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

Never heard of him

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Never heard of him
    only a 2 time all star , franchise leader in plenty stats and eastern conference final participant this year
    smh

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Mozgov is actually a solid centre he just didn't get to play much in Cleveland
    i rememebr in Denver he was actually solid and could even stretch the floor by shooti 3s at a decent rate which is valuable these days, still overpaid though but good for him let's see if cavs swap and take hibbert now

Mozgov 75th in RPM in the nba for centers. Hibbert was 76th. Lebron couldnt even make him better.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Mozgov 75th in RPM in the nba for centers. Hibbert was 76th. Lebron couldnt even make him better.
    Thats with mozgov on Cleveland though his role was severely diminished , think about all the centres who flourish with lakers because they're so terrible, but mozgov may not many touches since lakers will want the ball in Russell,clarkson,Ingram and randles hands so he'll probably be a bum hence completely overpaid..

hibbert i dont even no what to say about him, guy was a certified all star then completely fell off the face of the earth I've never seen a player digress so quickly in their prime.. But lebron is the best team player I've seen as well so if anybody could ressurect huber it's lebron plus they need some interior defense hibbert would fit the bill if he wants a shot at a ring and will take a pay cut

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I would rather see the players get the money than the owners. If a player like Derozan can get 28 mill a year, what do you think the owners get. I'm not mad at the players taking the money, but I am mad at players who get lazy after they cash in. A lot of NBA don't have work ethnic.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I would rather see the players get the money than the owners. If a player like Derozan can get 28 mill a year, what do you think the owners get. I'm not mad at the players taking the money, but I am mad at players who get lazy after they cash in. A lot of NBA don't have work ethnic.

For sure rather the players get the money they're the ones giving the entertainment, traveling and playing the game.. Derozan is a good guy he deserves it and I know he won't become complacent after this payday which is the main reason I'm ok with this deal

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Lol that's why I called him a stiff.. Hibbert bombed in LA as expected.. Mosy not that much of an upgrade if any... Still an upgrade from Roy though never the less..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Owners have to pay the bills, one bad season and attendance is down they could lose money, players are on a fixed guaranteed salary..

I'd rather see the owners get the money... They actually might do something good with all the money they make.. Players just blow their millions on fancy cars and hookers anyways..

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

i was having a debate with another guy in a thread about this.. toronto needed to come out of pocket in order to keep him.. to toronto, hes worth that much. but to the rest of the NBA they are laughing at them. you never get what you're worth, you get what you negotiate. business 101

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

toronto has to keep him, was a no brainer deal.

im still stunned on the mozgov deal why bring him in for that price no less? let the young guys play, not like hes going to be a big presence in the locker room or anything either

12 Last