gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Sports Gambling Addict Problem

Guys I have such a problem... If I have any money in my account, it has to be down on a game... If I have $700 in my account and I put down $500 on games, I have to put the other $200 on some things and will just do stupid bets... I'm incapable of leaving money in my account unused. Anyone else have this issue? Straight addict, I hate it and wish I would be happy with just some money sitting in there.

Any advice on how to get out of this?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Greg GA

I can bring you..sbr provides help

we care

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

most posters let their mom control the passwords

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

No way my mom gonna let me bet 100% of my roll in one night

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    most posters let their mom control the passwords
    worked for me

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i thought you bet $5 a game? what happened? is this the same person or did someone hack into your account?

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i thought you bet $5 a game? what happened? is this the same person or did someone hack into your account?
    nah i definitely dont bet $5 a game, i bet like $20 to $50 per game... i've said before im not a professional gambler and just do it for fun so maybe you have seen me say that, but yeah it bugs me so much how i have to empty my account basically every night

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

All hope gone.

Homeless in 3 months of lucky.

Quit gambling. Will never survive without BR MANaGEMENT

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    nah i definitely dont bet $5 a game, i bet like $20 to $50 per game... i've said before im not a professional gambler and just do it for fun so maybe you have seen me say that, but yeah it bugs me so much how i have to empty my account basically every night
    maybe my memory is failing me but i'm pretty sure you've made a post in the past where you said you bet $5 per game or some sorts and started with $100 and built it up to some number i can't remember.

regardless, if you've developed this habit of having action on all the fund you have in your account, how about setting a gambling fund on your bitcoin wallet where you just use that wallet for gambling? then just deposit on nitrogen sports on games you like then cashout right away. that way you'll have no balance to bet on? the money will just be in your bitcoin wallet.

might work, might not, try it. gl

Snoman
    Snoman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3828

If you need that money that's in the account, then withdraw it all and quit gambling altogether. If you don't need that money, then let it ride and enjoy the fun.

gregmav1

yeah i mean it's not an issue of needing the money... don't need it in the slightest, if i lost it all in one night i wouldn't be devastated more just annoyed at having to re-deposit which i haven't had to do in a long time. it's just annoying that i have this urge to bet it all most nights and to make sure im getting as much out there as i can. im enjoying it and letting it ride but kinda wish i could stop being such a jackass and just bet the games i want to and let the rest sit

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Real talk...you should just quit. Gambling is psychological and I don't think you about this

Find another hobby like mall walking!

jjgold

If you don't have self-control in gambling is you're better off quitting

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Real talk...you should just quit. Gambling is psychological and I don't think you about this

Find another hobby like mall walking!
    you telling him to become a pedo?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

you telling him to become a pedo?
    No...you know how the senior citizens wall the mall before it open to keep fit

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    Guys I have such a problem... If I have any money in my account, it has to be down on a game... If I have $700 in my account and I put down $500 on games, I have to put the other $200 on some things and will just do stupid bets... I'm incapable of leaving money in my account unused. Anyone else have this issue? Straight addict, I hate it and wish I would be happy with just some money sitting in there.

Any advice on how to get out of this?
    At this point you may not be able to handle this on your own and I think you know this. If you are sincere, I think it is best to go to the Gamblers Anonymous website where you can find at least a bit more expertise and that can help you deal with these problems with more than a "just stop."

Their website has a hotline as well. At this point it is best to understand what you are dealing with before you do something you may really regret.

You may not need the money now, but early behavior like this can explode into bad things.

Good Luck Mavs, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

maybe my memory is failing me but i'm pretty sure you've made a post in the past where you said you bet $5 per game or some sorts and started with $100 and built it up to some number i can't remember.

regardless, if you've developed this habit of having action on all the fund you have in your account, how about setting a gambling fund on your bitcoin wallet where you just use that wallet for gambling? then just deposit on nitrogen sports on games you like then cashout right away. that way you'll have no balance to bet on? the money will just be in your bitcoin wallet.

might work, might not, try it. gl
    This character and his bad memory, sheesh.

This is also bad advice as it won't really address what may be the issue here, it may only put off the inevitable.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

You know what's funny, they have gamblers hotlines everywhere you can gamble but no AA hotline where you can buy booze. Wtf.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave gauchojake 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This character and his bad memory, sheesh.

This is also bad advice as it won't really address what may be the issue here, it may only put off the inevitable.
    kvb you're still my bitch.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

OP if ur unable to quit then get the book to place deposit restrictions on ur account ie weekly deposit limits etc...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

greg, you're fine. you're betting $20-$50 per game and not thousands.

don't listen to kvb, he shouldn't be giving anyone advice with his emotional instability.

jjgold

Gregory if you want we can block all your accounts

gregmav1

haha guys im not like... wallowing in filth scrounging up money... i bet as a hobby for fun, my life is great, i dont need to block my accounts or anything. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and a way to curb it, i definitely have a twinge of gambling addiction I think but I'm betting small amounts for fun, not to make money... some good suggestions in here maybe ill use them.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Greg if you were doing this doing football season I could make a few excuses for you. Cue all the assholes who claim baseball is hugely profitable lol...Anyway, what I do when I start to just get degen is STOP. If you can't then we know there's an issue. So stop for a few weeks.

steady hustlin
    steady hustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gambling is a grim and destructive addiction that only gets worse. It's not about the money it's about being in action which is about the rush which is about boredom, loneliness, you name it. I make it a point to discourage people from getting started whenever possible. Nobody beats it. And by your description you've got no shot because even if you show discipline for a while, a losing streak will definitely send the bettor you've described into full blown destruction. You'll lose it all and then some. And everyone I've ever met that's hit that elusive big score. It only ended up fkin their lives up more than when they were broke and thought they needed it. A lot of nits on here grind out $100 bets and shit but they're no better for it. But yeah other than the truth, it's really awesome.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Greg if you were doing this doing football season I could make a few excuses for you. Cue all the assholes who claim baseball is hugely profitable lol...Anyway, what I do when I start to just get degen is STOP. If you can't then we know there's an issue. So stop for a few weeks.
    jake, baseball is the best for sports bettors, no joke.

what other sports are there where there's tons of choices where dogs constantly cash?

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

All i can say is salazaar saved my gambling ass tonite. Cleveland 12x in a row. This morning jj wanted the early games and i told him. Cleve -1.5 everything on it. You can reduce ur penetrate off wagers to $5 bux. On a 12p game and a $5 bucks 3p game but you needed to drop that $125 on cleveland tonite. Then if you had any emotions left after the 3-0 win. Put $5 on the 9p. Game. This way you get ahead.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

what other sports are there where there's tons of choices where dogs constantly cash?
    Fuk that. I want favs to win on the ats. Smh

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

move your funds to world sports sexChange (wsex). balances their earn 7.5% hourly so this will give incentive for you to let funds rot overnight

jjgold

I can probably get you the pill that takes away the gambling urge or you can try the strapdown method where they strap you down on a board and you go cold turkey

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    you can try the strapdown method where they strap you down on a board and you go cold turkey

jjgold

Kahn good find

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Because no one wants to watch the games.

Most guys who rec bet don't want to cape the games let alone watch 50 games to find an edge.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

greg, you're fine. you're betting $20-$50 per game and not thousands.

don't listen to kvb, he shouldn't be giving anyone advice with his emotional instability.
    Grow up troll, you haven't a clue about successful gambling and the behaviors that go with it. This is an adult conversation and stop trying so hard to be cool at the expense of others. You have a lot to learn as well and often steer posters wrong.

It's not about the dollar amounts or where you keep the funds, not at all.

Mavs it's a good idea to do nothing at first, and just try to be happy with a balance not spent. I don't think you would have started the thread if you were enjoying you're hobby.

Get back to the enjoyment of the hobby and try to improve you're discipline. Try to do both. Losses on those final plays at the end of the night should feel the same as other losses. If they seem worse because you are making those extra plays you feel you shouldn't and can't curb it, enjoyment will disappear quickly.

Good Luck Mavs.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Become smarter. What the hell do you want people to say. You've identified the problem. The solution is self-evident. It's just up to you to have the discpline to implement it.

12 Last