sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    If you never lived in both cities, you are in no position to compare. If you talked to 10 people who lived in both cities, I can bet you 9 out of 10 would prefer Cleveland (when it's not snowing).

I don't need to shit on Miami. Just read the article. It pretty much sums up why Miami is the worst city to live in. Unless you like leaving Miami and island hopping there's really not much to the place. I was bored to death of the place and can still stay there for only a few days at a time.
    stop pulling numbers out of your ass dude.
    9/10? Lol
    I don't think anyone has agreed with you in this thread till now.
    It's okay to like your hometown but you have to be grown up enough to not be delusional and admit there are better places out there like Miami

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Karmoux are you a Rastafarian?
    from the waist down..

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Near Hollywood, FL per chance?
    Guess you could say near that local. I've had places in Miami, Pembroke Pines, Sunrise and Weston where i built a house.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You're going to live anywhere in Florida be Ocala

You got a really like fishing to live in Florida or golf

Miami good for tacos only

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Caught couple sand sharks saw few bull sharks. Loving south Florida, you don't like fish Mac what's going on here
    No real good fishing in Miami. I rather go down into the keys, Bimini, Abaco, Eleuthra, Turks and Caicos, etc. I may go fishing once every 2 or 3 years and I prefer hiring a fishing boat where they do all the work. My brother lives in Orlando and goes down to St Pete every other weekend to fish. I'm just not that into it. Not a real fan of Florida golfing either. Too damn hot/humid. I much prefer the Carolinas, out West or anywhere up north including Ohio, Michigan and PA.

Give me a pool over any Florida beach any day of the week. Too murky, ugly, shark infested for my taste. There's more shark attacks in New Smyrna than anywhere else in the world combined. The last time I was there I could see the sharks surfing right along with the surfers. Pass.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    stop pulling numbers out of your ass dude.
    9/10? Lol
    I don't think anyone has agreed with you in this thread till now.
    It's okay to like your hometown but you have to be grown up enough to not be delusional and admit there are better places out there like Miami
    I've talked to many people that have lived in both places and just about everyone preferred Cleveland over Miami. Go figure. It's no way delusional. Spend a few years in both place then get back to me. Try spending a few months in both and get back to me. Most people get sick of Miami real quick. You might as well be living in Cuba.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Mac4Lyfe is normally a really sensible guy. Don't understand his hard-on for Miami.
    Stands to reason that you don't need a survey to know that Miami is preferable to Cleveland
    for folks with normal vision. But like my gandfather said..."To each their own."
    I wish everyone a fulfilling summer.
    Points Awarded:

sneakerhead gave 19th Hole 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Mac4Lyfe is normally a really sensible guy. Don't understand his hard-on for Miami.
    Stands to reason that you don't need a survey to know that Miami is preferable to Cleveland
    for folks with normal vision. But like my gandfather said..."To each their own."
    I wish everyone a fulfilling summer.
    19th - Where are you getting that? Look up any article rating cities and Cleveland kicks Miami's ass in any and every poll. Do you have an open mind or are you just guessing? Have you been to both cities? Honestly? Have you spent any time in both cities? Miami has the highest number of old ass people in the US. That's a fact. They have mainly people living there and visiting from other countries. You might as well call Miami little Havana because that's where you're living. Smart people that live in Miami don't even go to South Beach. I don't have a hard on for Miami, I'm calling it as I see it. I lived in Miami for 3.5 years. I lived in Cleveland for 17 years. Miami sucks to live. I go back to visit which is okay but after a few days it gets old. Cleveland sucks in the winter especially if you hate snow but the other 3 seasons there is no comparison.

Cleveland is a culinary hotspot, enough so that there are documentaries being made about its food scene. You name the type of food, we have a great restaurant for it. But there’s so much more.
    We have one of the best symphonies there ever was. One of the best hospitals in the world. A museum of modern art with Dali, Rodin, Van Gogh, Monet, Gauguin, everybody, that’s completely free to the public. A museum of natural history, a science museum, the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. An amazing theater district (2nd to only NY). Huge rolling natural parks with waterfalls and cliffs and hiking.

Arts, sports, food, nature…what else could you want? And on top of that, parking is always easy to find.

Please find me a hill in Miami? A mountain? A waterfall not in the mall? Find me a nice Asian, Southern, Italian, French restaurant in Miami? Find me a playhouse? A comedy club?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/itslynnotli...-the-best-dfpl

Cleveland beats Miami again... You want to build wealth, you should think Cleveland.
    http://fortune.com/2015/10/26/best-cities-wealth-rich/

http://www.livability.com/oh/clevela...o-cleveland-oh

Cleveland beats Miami again... haha
    http://realestate.usnews.com/places/...places-to-live

Hmm, several Ohio cities on this list but not one city from Florida. Cleveland suburbs killing it.
    http://time.com/money/collection/bes...-to-live-2013/

I keep hearing the bullshit about Miami being a great place to hookup. That is straight up garbage. Cleveland is the number 1 place for single woman. Miami not even on the list unless you want to hook up with an illegal alien.
    http://www.bustle.com/articles/16401...man-in-america

I'm trying to educate you but you have a closed mind. Open it up a bit, do your own research and then you tell me why Miami is always last on everybody's list. I'm not hating, I'm telling the truth.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Anyone can find articles saying why their city is great. If I want to have fun Im going to Miami. Would never live there.

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Guess you could say near that local. I've had places in Miami, Pembroke Pines, Sunrise and Weston where i built a house.
    jesus pembroke and weston.. i remember when there was nothing there..

kmarinouofm

Please find me a hill in Miami? A mountain? A waterfall not in the mall? Find me a nice Asian, Southern, Italian, French restaurant in Miami? Find me a playhouse? A comedy club?
    ok so we don't have hills.. holy shit.. or mountains.. or waterfalls..
    but asian food you serious? We have a Naoe , Mr Chows, Naiyara, Nobu, Katsuya, and Komodo .. and that is just on the high end.. we also have a few great dim sum spots in kendall on the west side.. and all of 163rd street is asian in north miami.. Best soup dumplings I have ever had are at Dumpling king on 163rd.. and I lived in New York and San Fran.. so I know asian food bro..

Southern food? Really? We have two of the best southern chefs in america.. Jeff Mcinnis who is a james beard winner and opened up Yardbird and also owns Root and Bone and Saspirilla Club.. we also have Phil Bryant.. who opened up Swine and destroys every event he cooks at.. his Hen and Dumplings dish is so good it will make you slap your momma..

Italian.. really bro? There is so much fuking italian and you had to pick this shit? It shows you never went out at all in Miami. Lincoln Rd has over 15 italian spots.. 6 of which are very decent. Then we have Lucali , Macaluso's, Macchialina , and Prime Italian.. which are all as good as anything you will find anywhere in this country.. sorry boss .. again you know shit..

French.. really you picked French? Have you been to south beach.. how many french people live there? There is a decent french cafe on every corner of the beach once you get off the main streets.. then we have places like Colette , Le Bouchon , DB Modern Bistro.. shit man.. i can keep going..

Ok we don't have a lot of playhouses.. you got me.. but they do have like 2-3 of them.. I guess i will kill myself..

But man have you seen the Arsht Center? I mean its probably one of the most beautiful opera houses in the country

and man.. you can keep your little art museum.. The Perez Art Museum + Wynwood and the surrounding areas runs circles around your art scene.. Oh did I mention Art Basel... Yeah buddy.. you need to take your meds now..

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Everyone's got a different opinion, I'm big on fishing and golf and I loved it. Water wasn't that murky much better then ny water. Sexiest Spanish broads in south Florida , it's not that much hotter in the summer. I'm coming back here in couple months
    No real good fishing in Miami. I rather go down into the keys, Bimini, Abaco, Eleuthra, Turks and Caicos, etc. I may go fishing once every 2 or 3 years and I prefer hiring a fishing boat where they do all the work. My brother lives in Orlando and goes down to St Pete every other weekend to fish. I'm just not that into it. Not a real fan of Florida golfing either. Too damn hot/humid. I much prefer the Carolinas, out West or anywhere up north including Ohio, Michigan and PA.

Give me a pool over any Florida beach any day of the week. Too murky, ugly, shark infested for my taste. There's more shark attacks in New Smyrna than anywhere else in the world combined. The last time I was there I could see the sharks surfing right along with the surfers. Pass.

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    but asian food you serious? We have a Naoe , Mr Chows, Naiyara, Nobu, Katsuya, and Komodo .. and that is just on the high end.. we also have a few great dim sum spots in kendall on the west side.. and all of 163rd street is asian in north miami.. Best soup dumplings I have ever had are at Dumpling king on 163rd.. and I lived in New York and San Fran.. so I know asian food bro..

Southern food? Really? We have two of the best southern chefs in america.. Jeff Mcinnis who is a james beard winner and opened up Yardbird and also owns Root and Bone and Saspirilla Club.. we also have Phil Bryant.. who opened up Swine and destroys every event he cooks at.. his Hen and Dumplings dish is so good it will make you slap your momma..

Italian.. really bro? There is so much fuking italian and you had to pick this shit? It shows you never went out at all in Miami. Lincoln Rd has over 15 italian spots.. 6 of which are very decent. Then we have Lucali , Macaluso's, Macchialina , and Prime Italian.. which are all as good as anything you will find anywhere in this country.. sorry boss .. again you know shit..

French.. really you picked French? Have you been to south beach.. how many french people live there? There is a decent french cafe on every corner of the beach once you get off the main streets.. then we have places like Colette , Le Bouchon , DB Modern Bistro.. shit man.. i can keep going..

Ok we don't have a lot of playhouses.. you got me.. but they do have like 2-3 of them.. I guess i will kill myself..

But man have you seen the Arsht Center? I mean its probably one of the most beautiful opera houses in the country

and man.. you can keep your little art museum.. The Perez Art Museum + Wynwood and the surrounding areas runs circles around your art scene.. Oh did I mention Art Basel... Yeah buddy.. you need to take your meds now..
    Preach

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

98% of cities in USA are terrible.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Please find me a hill in Miami? A mountain? A waterfall not in the mall?

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post

Swine is the shit man! Plus don't forget all the local beers we have from the MIA Brewery all the way down to the slums in homestead by florida city.... Sushi is also the shit in Miami. Go to Shabui off Sunset and 97th. As far as food, drinks and hot latin bitches Miami is #1 in that category!

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by jose21_us View Post
    Swine is the shit man! Plus don't forget all the local beers we have from the MIA Brewery all the way down to the slums in homestead by florida city.... Sushi is also the shit in Miami. Go to Shabui off Sunset and 97th. As far as food, drinks and hot latin bitches Miami is #1 in that category!
    for beer JWB in Wynwood is the best. I live there and my friend is the head brewer / owner
    For sushi I go to Japanese market on the 71st causeway. That place is a secret cult
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sandos139

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Used to live in WPB - Only time we went to Miami was to pass through, as we headed south to The Keys. That's the place to be in FLA!

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Miami, a paradise.

I guess people prefer the woman from Mississippi over Miami women at SBR lol.

Not many here could afford Miami so they take solace by saying it sucks.

First ... 2345