SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

What are your reactions after bad beats???

3 horrible horrible bad beats for me in a row.

1. Last night Cubs/Nats, I LIVE bet UNDER 7.5. Game is 1-1 bottom 8 and Nats score to make it 2-1. Cubs 2 run home run top 9 and then Nats tie it up bottom 9. Still 3-3, just need it to end 4-3. Cubs score top 12 and nats gets 2 back. Game ends 5-4 and OVER hits.

2. UNDER 2.5 in England Whales Game. 1-1 game after England's goalie lets in really really weak goal in 1st half. Regardless game is 1-1 in 90+2 with total of 3 minutes of added time and England scores and makes is 2-1.

3. Northern Ireland and Ukraine LIVE UNDER 1.5 1-0 in 90+6 and goal happens to end 2-0 and loss.

3 absolutely horrible horrible beats all in a row. I wanna put my head through this wall at work

What are some ways you guys cope with the bad beats.

On to the next bet I guess

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

this is 100% you arent supposed to do, but i normally do a double-sized bet on a game starting pretty soon after. just chasing. it's bad, but when it turns out well it takes away your anger, when you lose though...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I always wanna throw the remote at something but never do it.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Double J

1. Smoke a J

2, J off

will feel much better

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

go for a run....call a girl in the stable...do drugs...chase....eat.

usually i pick from there. sorry for those breaks though, two sides to every coin, sucks being on that one. happens to everyone though, take solace in knowing you aren't unique. gl going forward.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

After a bad bad beat... nothing can really change my mind. Only time. It's even hard to sleep on it... you just hope to forget it the next day.

Usually a win does help.

rubbing one out won't work

going to see a chick who will rub one out for you... just won't work

going out to drink... just won't work.

I guess I'm different.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Double J

1. Smoke a J

2, J off

will feel much better
    bingo

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Depends on how bad the beat is.

I'm pretty much immune to getting angry on beats unless I have a lot of money on the OVER in a basketball game that is pretty much guaranteed to hit as they have been scoring like crazy all game, but only ends up scoring 4 points in the final 4 minutes for the over to miss by half a point. That kind of shit will cut your life short by raising your blood pressure through the roof.

But just because I don't get angry on bad beats doesn't mean I'm not going to go on tilt and start chasing, because that is exactly what I'm going to do the majority of the time.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Nothing, bad wins come just as often.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

I've been through going on tilt and putting my remaining bankroll (a few grand) on a single game only to get bad beated. Been there done that.

When you've been doing this for as long as I have, it's not even surprising anymore. In a sick way, you already know what's going to happen to your roll even when the money is rolling in.

The good thing about it (if you can even call it a good thing) is when you go bust on a bad beat, you will be able to shrug it off faster and faster each time.

Used to be nights when I was a lot younger that I couldn't even sleep after going bust on a few thousand dollar bet loss. Now, I sleep normally and just forget it.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

I HATE losing, period so after a BB I'm like a bear with a sore head for the next 24 hours or so...

Even after that my next wager is sometimes filled with trepidation...

GL op..

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

The worst is when a basketball team that has it won easily but doesn't run out the clock like they are supposed to.

For example, the other day had the Chicago Sky 2nd half +2.5 (+11.5 for the game). Sky score with under a full shot clock to go.
    Should be over then right? Nope, Spark bitches go down and score once more to win by 13. Those piss me off more then anything else.
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 06-16-16 at 01:52 PM.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Can handle beats
    but I can't handle long losing streaks

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I had a few bad beats in poker about 9 years ago online, and on the last one I took my chair up in the air slammed it on the ground, and then stomped it. It was made of wood, so the thing was completely destroyed. It was an eye opening experience of how much rage can come out of playing the game for me, to the point I had to reevaluate my approach to the game.

Years leading up to that, I had smashed two laptops with hammer fist on to the keyboard until the computer didn't work, as well as snap-punch the screen on a different time.

Sports betting I don't watch the game if I have a lot on it, because I don't want to watch the roller coaster.
    Last edited by eidolon; 06-16-16 at 01:53 PM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Generally I buy a black prostitute and lick her ass for an hour

Good way to learn your lesson

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    The worst is when a basketball team that has it won easily but doesn't run out the clock like they are supposed to.

For example, the other dayI had the Chicago Sky 2nd half +2.5 (+11.5 for the game). Sky score with 30 seconds left to go down 11.
    Should end there right? Nope, Spark bitches go down and score to win by 13.
    Yeah I watched that. Fcking brutal. Exactly why I didn't play the 2nd half spread. Knew it would come down to the wire. The OVER was too easy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

nothing anymore Sammy

Next game up

Too old to get excited or pissed

JBiddyJ23
    'Reality is merely an Illusion'
    JBiddyJ23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1491

I will usually break something! Most often the remote control then I will go smoke a cigarette!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Maybe you should try smoking the cigarette first next time, then coming back and seeing if you still feel like breaking the remote

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

I knew a guy that when he would get a bad beat, he would take it out on his wife

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

There is no such a thing as bad beat. Bad beat- is nothing more, than a pussy excuse to yourself on why you lost your wager.
    You place a wager on the entire game...That means, if you bet on a soccer game, do expect them to play 90 minutes plus the added time. And yes goals could be scored on any given minute including the added time.

So, to answer your question on what to do? Nothing...treat it just like another loss and move on.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    I've been through going on tilt and putting my remaining bankroll (a few grand) on a single game only to get bad beated. Been there done that.

When you've been doing this for as long as I have, it's not even surprising anymore. In a sick way, you already know what's going to happen to your roll even when the money is rolling in.

The good thing about it (if you can even call it a good thing) is when you go bust on a bad beat, you will be able to shrug it off faster and faster each time.

Used to be nights when I was a lot younger that I couldn't even sleep after going bust on a few thousand dollar bet loss. Now, I sleep normally and just forget it.
    So true, you just get so used to it, it goes away after a little bit. Lose, you get pissed off, hour later you move on

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How come you don't see bad beat threads in football season? Apparently any goal scored within 5 minutes of a soccer game's final whistle is a bad beat but scoring a TD or a FG with 2 seconds left, which happens a lot, is not a bad beat!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    There is no such a thing as bad beat. Bad beat- is nothing more, than a pussy excuse to yourself on why you lost your wager.
    You place a wager on the entire game...That means, if you bet on a soccer game, do expect them to play 90 minutes plus the added time. And yes goals could be scored on any given minute including the added time.

So, to answer your question on what to do? Nothing...treat it just like another loss and move on.
    best answer of the thread