Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Gator drags child into water near Disney's Grand Floridian

Horrible week in Orlando. I've been at movie night there with my family before and I've seen alligators in the lake near by. They still have not found the Gator or the 2 year old daughter. Thoughts and prayers.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NC5i4HnX9fGJhg

Deputies were searching late Tuesday night for a toddler who was dragged into the water by an alligator near Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa earlier in the evening, according to theOrange County Sheriff's Office.
    The 2-year-old child was dragged into the Seven Seas Lagoon about 9:30 p.m., Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Rose Silva said.
    Deputies were searching the waters and put crime-scene tape around area to block it off. Multiple emergency vehicles filled the front drive of the Victorian-style hotel and a helicopter hovered overhead.
    The child, whose name was not available, has not been found as of 11 p.m.

Mac4Lyfe

Mike Manzoni @MManzoniWFTV

#BREAKING: A first responder who's at @WaltDisneyWorld told@WFTV neither the gator nor the child have been seen since the attack. #WFTV
    10:46 PM - 14 Jun 2016

Mike Manzoni @MManzoniWFTV

#BREAKING: A first responder told @CHeathWFTV rescue crews are using boats and a helicopter to search for the gator and child. #WFTV
    10:52 PM - 14 Jun 2016

Adrian Whitsett @AdrianWhitsett

#UPDATE Witnesses are here as well as @MyFWC Witnesses reported gator around 7' @WESH
    10:55 PM - 14 Jun 2016

Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Terrible
    No words

Mac4Lyfe

I'm getting mixed reports whether it was a boy or girl. I'm hearing it was a boy and they have not been able to find the gator or child. My God.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Jesus Christ.

Mac4Lyfe

The father was walking the child along the beach and the gator grabbed him/her quickly. He tried to grab the Gator but it was gone in an instance. OMG.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Holy shit. That's awful.

Jatt24
    FBG
    Jatt24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The father was walking the child along the beach and the gator grabbed him/her quickly. He tried to grab the Gator but it was gone in an instance. OMG.
    Damn thats crazy.

Kermit

Was this on Disney property?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

White or black? So I'll know whether to criticize the parents or gator.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Was this on Disney property?
    Yep, Disney properties which is generally one of the safest resorts in the world. I've always wondered about the Gators in the area though. Right down the street is Little Lake Bryan and I've seen some giant damn gators there and folks swim and ski. Crazy.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    good point although since there was a father involved i'm guessing not black heyoooooooooooooooo
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: opie1988

Mac4Lyfe

It is confirmed a 2 year old boy. Press conference coming up in minutes. CNN will be showing it shortly.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You know what's funny? Before anyone knew what the race of that kid that fell into the gorilla pen was, people were already saying "If that was a black child, they would have screwed around and tried to tranquilize it because they wouldn't have cared as much if it were a black child"

So many people got to taste their foot.

Guess they just assumed that black parents would never take their kids to the zoo.

Just one of many many links.

Last edited by Kermit; 06-15-16 at 12:02 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

You know what's funny? Before anyone knew what the race of that kid that fell into the gorilla pen was, people were already saying "If that was a black child, they would have screwed around and tried to tranquilize it becasue they wouldn't have cared as much if it were a black child"

Guess they just assumed that black parents would never take their kids to the zoo.
    I think most people assumed that black people don't get too close to exotic animals. They tend to not be very adventurous.

In this case, the father was right there with the child. There's nothing you can do when an alligator attacks in there element. A 7 foot gator is too fast and strong to wrestle with.

CNN don't know shit about this case so far. Horrible reporting right now.

Kermit

I think most people assumed that black people don't get too close to exotic animals. They tend to not be very adventurous.
    When I had seen the gorilla video, the last thing that crossed my mind was whether the kid was white, black, Asian, or transgender. I just wanted to know how this kid got in there without anyone stopping him from doing it. Then social media was blowing up with Liberals complaining about a white kid getting special treatment compared to what would happen if he was a different race. Then the truth came out.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

You know what's funny? Before anyone knew what the race of that kid that fell into the gorilla pen was, people were already saying "If that was a black child, they would have screwed around and tried to tranquilize it because they wouldn't have cared as much if it were a black child"

Just one of many many links.

fukking retards

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    fukking retards
    Oh, there were plenty more than just this. One of my friends on Facebook made a similar comment talking about white privilidge at the zoo. Of course she deleted it after the truth came out. She still looked like a complete ass. though.

Mac4Lyfe

They've been searching for the boy for the last 3.5 - 4 hours. The family was relaxing on the lake with another kid in a stroller when the attack occurred. The dad and mom both tried to get in the water and stop the gator. Damn.

Kermit

They've been searching for the boy for the last 3.5 - 4 hours. The family was relaxing on the lake with another kid in a stroller when the attack occurred. The dad and mom both tried to get in the water and stop the gator. Damn.
    That is horrible.

Mac4Lyfe

The child was playing a foot in the water when the attack occurred.

Mac4Lyfe

The family is from Nebraska...

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Seven seas lagoon area...police say child was playing in water about a foot into water...so sad people from Nebraska prob not aware of said danger. Gator has 2 yr old in mouth...father tried to stop and not successfull. We know the sad outcome. Alligators don't do any good and I'm here in south carolina and see them at gokf course...more n more reason to move back to north east.

Mac4Lyfe

The father was wrestling with the Gator holding the baby in his mouth. The father was injured as well.

My God, this father will be scarred for life. The images are so haunting.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Sorry...see no reason to play in water that has gators..always will day thus swim in a pool

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Sorry...see no reason to play in water that has gators..always will day thus swim in a pool

They probably didn't know their were gators in the water. I've been to that lake and you feel safe because it's a Disney property. Disney is about to get sued big time.

I took a girl out on a canoe many years ago about an hour north of there. It was a very calm day and the lake was dead, not a ripple in the water. We paddle out about 100 yards from shore and a big ass 8 foot gator bumps the canoe out of nowhere. My girl freaks out, stands up in the canoe and almost tipped us over. I grabbed her and pushed her down into the canoe as she was hyperventilating. I paddled back to shore with a quickness and we got the hell out of there. The gator submerges back into the water unnoticed. Scary shit. I pretty much stopped getting in small boats around central Florida.

Kermit

The father was wrestling with the Gator holding the baby in his mouth. The father was injured as well.

My God, this father will be scarred for life. The images are so haunting.
    I am still no getting this, this is a Disney property where families gather to have fun, and there are alligators there? There are no fences or anything like that to keep the alligators in their own area?

Kermit

They probably didn't know their were gators in the water. I've been to that lake and you feel safe because it's a Disney property. Disney is about to get sued big time.
    Ok, so there were not supposed to be any alligators there at all.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

I am still no getting this, this is a Disney property where families gather to have fun, and there are alligators there? There are no fences or anything like that to keep the alligators in their own area?
    It would be tough to do so. This is a huge property.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It would be tough to do so. This is a huge property.
    So then there is always a threat of gators?

Mac4Lyfe

Nope. I think they have signs to not swim in that lake though. They might have not seen the signs if they were watching a movie earlier as it was dark.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Absolutely gut wrenching

I can't imagine the pain that family is suffering

1234 ... Last