lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

What do you do if you are Dan Gilbert?

Do you commit to James knowing you can't win the finals as long as state is around?

Do you tear this up and tell James that he has no say on moves?

James is at the point of his career now where he has already played his best game and we all know that. Yes he will still give you a few solid years but he isn't a leader. He can't motivate these players. He doesn't take things into his own hands either.

Personally I would tell James to get lost. Save the money and rebuild the team.

Of course James is a legend and he still has the chance to change all of this in this series.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

rebuild

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your last sentence is essentially a contradiction to your entire post to cover your ass in case LeBron pulls something crazy off.

Did you see how the cavs were irrelevant when LeBron was in Miami? Why would Gilbert go back to that?

lakerboy

Bengals my last sentence was just a statement. I need the cavs tonight so I would be happy if lebron goes off tonight.

The number 1 mistakes sports teams make is paying players for the name and past results.

In Gilberts case he can accept finals ass kickings or rebuilding. As far as I am concerned the cavs are still the cavs.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5357

Punt

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bengals my last sentence was just a statement. I need the cavs tonight so I would be happy if lebron goes off tonight.

The number 1 mistakes sports teams make is paying players for the name and past results.

In Gilberts case he can accept finals ass kickings or rebuilding. As far as I am concerned the cavs are still the cavs.

Getting beat down in the Finals > Fighting for lottery position every year.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

They are still coming back and winning this finals you idiot

louielouie

And then you stay put and go for back2back titles -- man the media realy brainwashes people so frigging easily

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    Louie stfu

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Cleveland fans are the best. Better chance of Browns winning SB this year than Cavs winning 4 of 6 vs Warriors.

LB- You build around Lebron and see if Knicks will swap Melo for Love. Both guys are better suited for the potential trading partner than current team. If you believe Kyrie can ever learn to play 5 on 5, you keep him. If not, they should look into a guy like Rondo.

BigBallzz69
    BigBallzz69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3500

Your team plays in Cleveland in the nba. This is the best it will ever get for you, do everything you can to keep him. Never signing any free agent of any consequence in the future.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

As always; Grits has the correct answer.

Also the Cavs have these crumbs...
    Even though they won't beat a Jerry West team from the West...
    The NBA LEast will be theirs for the foreseeable future.
    Keeps butts in the seats and the revenue flow with suckers
    for the Son of Satan.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5578

Absolutely agree with LB.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

They don't have a choice. They committed to James the moment they allowed him to orchestrate the trade that sent Wiggins packing for Kevin Love.

If they had Wiggins, they could build a legitimate long-term contender.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Keep Lebron and try to trade Love....Other roster options as well which I won't get into

Golden State isn't guaranteed to be back next season anyway...One of them can tear an ACL or something or Oklahoma City (or another team) could finish the job

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20322

Are you trolling lb? Of course they keep him. Regardless of winning, LeBron adds so much money to the Cavs franchise Dan Gilbert would be a dummy to ever let him leave.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Are you trolling lb? Of course they keep him. Regardless of winning, LeBron adds so much money to the Cavs franchise Dan Gilbert would be a dummy to ever let him leave.
    He's not trolling. It's a legitimate question.

lakerboy

No I'm not trolling. Lebron is on the down side.

KRIT

Cavs will never go away from LeBron. No different than Kobe and LA.

Gilbert will likely pay him top dollar in his late 30's.

louielouie

this forum is full.of square ass fakers like lakers throwing a team under the bus before game 3 even played lol

lakerboy

Louie I already told u to stfu once. Next time I will have you tossed.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

You guys talk like getting to the finals but not winning the championship puts the team in the "mutt" category - they suck - they are terrible - they cannot win the big one, blah, blah, blah - horseshvt, horseshvt, horseshvt! It's like you would take the Cleveland Browns over the Cavaliers - at least they have not lost the Super Bowl game 3 years in a row so you would rather have their team?

How was it again that Miami won the championship-Dwayne Wade-Ray Allen-Mike Miller-Kris Bosh-other guys that accepted their role and played team ball. If you tear this team down like the Boston Celtics did - it could be 10 years before they get back to the finals.

You did not say if Dan Gilbert is making money or losing money with this team. I say - improve the depth - go to the big money contracts - how bad do you want to win - or do you just want to be rich - go to the biggest free agents - how bad do you want to win an NBA championship - or do you just want to be rich. Find out how much money you have to work with.

If Cleveland only goes 7 deep - get rid of the subs and get subs you will play. or if they don't need subs - get more talent with the first 7-dump a couple and get two different ones. If these subs are not good enough to get in the game - what good are they?

Whoopi
    Whoopi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 678

You don't rebuild without the (2nd) best player in the league. He isn't a leader but he performs. Although he is past his peak, he's all the they got. Would love to see him in a Thunder jersey though haha.

KRIT

Unless filbert doesn't like making money, he ain't letting LeBron leave.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....d_economi.html

lakerboy

Lebron played Gilbert 2 times. Simpl solution. Tell James we run the team. Not you.

t-wizzle

Unless filbert doesn't like making money, he ain't letting LeBron leave.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....d_economi.html
    It's not about what he's going to do. It's about what he should do.

lakerboy

Lakers handicaped team for years for kobe salary error. Do people not learn?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Dan Gilbert doesn't care either way.

As long as you sellout 41 Home Games... there's nothing to worry about.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

You keep Bron and continue letting him call shots I guess. Lose him and your shit franchise goes back in gutter , nobody gonna sign there without him. End of day long as he's around the franchise will be competitive , relevant, high in revenue. From a business standpoint Gilbert cannot lose because Bron is there and built the team after all!

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

this forum is full.of square ass fakers like lakers throwing a team under the bus before game 3 even played lol
    Forgive them Louie...they call it Telivision...Lies bluring Vision......Bron hate is fashionable...its IN....right now...for now...well at least until game 6...lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    You keep Bron and continue letting him call shots I guess. Lose him and your shit franchise goes back in gutter , nobody gonna sign there without him. End of day long as he's around the franchise will be competitive , relevant, high in revenue. From a business standpoint Gilbert cannot lose because Bron is there and built the team after all!
    Excellent post. It's unfortunate that in the sports business world.... this is what you do.... you sit on it. Lebron basically spit in Gilbert's face years ago. And now he's back with a handshake? Business in America.

You only start shifting players when seats aren't being sold. They will always sell in Cleveland with Lebum being there. Public doesn't know any better.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gilbert making money so I guess he stays

Lebron will ask for better players

lakerboy

Jj that's the whole thing. Lebron is an asshole. He fukked cavs with love and thompson contracts while leaving himself the option to run away. If I were Gilbert I would get rid of him.

KRIT

This discussion doesn't matter because 0% chance Gilbert gives up on LeBron. LeBron will give up on the Cavs before Gilbert gives up on LeBron. But even we know LeBron won't leave Cleveland again, that would be career suicide.

Cleveland is Cleveland. If LeBron leaves they go back to being a shithole team and city that no FA's want to come to. How many NBA finals did they go to before LeBron? I know LeBron is yet to bring them one, but obviously he is the best shot they have at winning one.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Do you commit to James knowing you can't win the finals as long as state is around?

Do you tear this up and tell James that he has no say on moves?

James is at the point of his career now where he has already played his best game and we all know that. Yes he will still give you a few solid years but he isn't a leader. He can't motivate these players. He doesn't take things into his own hands either.

Personally I would tell James to get lost. Save the money and rebuild the team.

Of course James is a legend and he still has the chance to change all of this in this series.

What do you do if you're Gilbert?

thank Lebron for making your team relevant again and keep quiet.

12 Last