Brick Tamland
    Brick House!
    Brick Tamland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Heat's Jay Will lead NBA in assists prop??

I am looking for an NBA prop bet for players to lead NBA in assists, scoring, rebs and whatever else. Im liking Jason Williams on the Heat. BUT maybe Im just saying that and I actually like another player =O ..so don't go ****in with the lines before I get there.

Bud ICE light could clean a wound and deIce an aircraft

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

You're not likely to see NBA Player Props until just before the season.

My early (i.e. bloated) line would be something like this:

Nash 1-1
    Kidd 5-2
    Marbury 5-1
    Miller (Denver) 5-1
    Iverson 5-1
    J Will 5-1
    Nelson 10-1
    Hinrich 10-1
    Other 12-1

Clip Joint
    Clip Joint's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jason Williams will have the most targets and opportunities to rack up assits...that's for sure.

But I would still bet on him to lead the league in turnovers before I bet him to lead the league in assits.

Give me the odds on Shaun Livingston of the Clippers. He will have a monster year!

Brick Tamland
    Brick House!

Who the hell is Shaun Livingonthebench? Is he going to pass to Bobby Simeonanotherteam?

Bookie,
    Are you really a bookie?

I was hoping to bet it before the Heat get a backup PG. I thought I wouls see a huge lean on him and find someone else with balue. Every time Shaq is involved in a prop he is favored.

Clip Joint

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland
    Who the hell is Shaun Livingonthebench? Is he going to pass to Bobby Simeonanotherteam?
    April stats: 11.0 pts, 7.4 ast, 4.4 rebs, 1.6 steals

Those are Livingston's stats to close out the season in April. Those are without Maggette in the lineup. Keep in mind that was as an 18 year old playing hurt.

I would love to see those kind of stats next season. If we have a 19 year old point guard that can drop 7.5 assists with 11 points, the future will be very bright.

I think he will be around 13 pts and 9 assists next year. With the addition of Cuttino Mobley as a perimeter scorer to go along with Maggette (22.2 points a game last season) and Brand (20.0 points a game last season), there will be plenty of weapons and this team will be up tempo.

He is a star in the making!

Brick Tamland
    Brick House!

Clip,

I am sorry. You are going through some hard times and I shouldn't hve made fun of the player who could be a part of the Clippers 2010 championship. That was insensitive of me.

Man, I can see you sitting there with your Danny Manning jersey on all excited and I just go and say that. Its the Bud Ice talking. Clips 2010, I'm tellin yuo. Start printing Tshirts now!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Williams will not get enough minutes to lead the league and he is too inconsistent.

A decent addition to the team though

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

JJ, I don't think this addition is as good as most people think.

jjgold

Plus Shaq gets fouled a lot now and not easy baskets which lead to easy assists

Clip Joint

I don't think this years Heat team will be as good as last year. They added Williams and Walker...neither of them play defense and defense is the key to Van Gundy's scheme. They traded away Eddie Jones who is a great defender and perimeter shooter. This team has very little outside shooting and they traded away the only shooters they had.

Damon Jones was perfect for them...a PG that didn't need to control the ball and take a lot of shots. He was money from downtown when teams doubled Shaq and Wade. Jason Williams is not a consistent shooter and is known to jack up wild shots.

Antoine Walker needs to dominate the ball to be successful. That will not work on a team that has Shaq and Wade who also need to dominate the ball. If they add Finley as well, this team will have no chemistry.

They added bigger names...but the roles are not roles they are use to playing. I think this team got worse despite landing big name players.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Clip Joint...Williams and Walker will never be stellar defenders but it's happened before that talented veterans finally get into a situation where they can get a ring and they come forward effort-wise defensively. And the thing about Shaq is he let's defenders cheat so he will make their defense efforts pay-off more which will make them play harder defensively. Maybe.

Also don't agree that these guys need to dominate the ball to be successful. Van Gundy will define roles for them, and from what I've seen of J-Will in Memphis and Walker in Dallas they can play a part especially at this point in their career.

jjgold

Miami at best wins 50 games

They signed two huge Cancers

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bookie
    Clip Joint...Williams and Walker will never be stellar defenders.
    theres your answer to the who season ATS wise

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Heat have the X-factor

As a Heat fan I can tell you may be right, but your missing the X-factor and thats Pat Riley, he has a way of turning under acheaving players and troubled plays I.E Odom and turning them around. Heat take it all this year.
    Last edited by HAPPY BOY; 08-19-05 at 02:15 PM.

hoppa_long
    hoppa_long's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY
    As a Heat fan I can tell you may be right, but your missing the X-factor and thats Pat Riley, he has a way of turning under acheaving players and troubled plays I.E Odom and turning them around. Heat take it all this year.
    I know you are a heat fan but you have to remember that ShaQ is getting older not younger and that dominance that he once had is fading with every year,and prone to injury because of his size and the level he has to play to be efective...Without a dominant Shaq no ring plain and simple

HAPPY BOY

80% shaq still best center in NBA

Quote Originally Posted by hoppa_long
    I know you are a heat fan but you have to remember that ShaQ is getting older not younger and that dominance that he once had is fading with every year,and prone to injury because of his size and the level he has to play to be efective...Without a dominant Shaq no ring plain and simple

80% shaq= best center in nba still (the diesels got 2more good years left) ring back on!

hoppa_long
    hoppa_long's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY
    80% shaq= best center in nba still (the diesels got 2more good years left) ring back on!
    80% of the old shaq ,most definetly... 80% of Shaq today, noway in hell

HAPPY BOY

Agree to Disagree

agree to disagree. get back to me after season. Dwwwayyyne Wadddde THREEEEE!!!

Brick Tamland
    Brick House!

Shaq can still be good but remember how painful it was to watch Hakeem, Ewing, and Dikembe try to run with fast wing players? Then a Dikembe lands on half court Houston and look like an all-star. I say trade Shack for Jermaine Oneal.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Wow I totally forgot Jayson Williams was on the Heat....and Shaq...rofl.

Man this thread is old.

Do any of you gueys here even know who LEBRON JAMES is??

I feel like Blake Griffin traveling back in time in one his sh*tty Kia commercials when I post here.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Wow I totally forgot Jayson Williams was on the Heat....and Shaq...rofl.

Man this thread is old.

Do any of you gueys here even know who LEBRON JAMES is??

I feel like Blake Griffin traveling back in time in one his sh*tty Kia commercials when I post here.
    Lose the jean shorts man. Trust me.