pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

PK wasn't gifted. You can't switch from defender to goalie during a play. Dude palmed the ball which is a PK.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by LeaninBack916 View Post
    You do realize they were gifted the PK right? US had their chances and dominated most of the game. The 2nd half was easy for colombia because they could park the bus and wait it out.

I can't stand these cup games with these referees. I'd like them to bring some of the euro refs over for these games. Much better quality.
    US dominated most of the game, are you nuts? i dont think the us put two passes together. they played horrible

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sharp View Post
    USA is currently ranked #31 out of 200+ countries and just lost 2-0 to the #3 team in the World. Hardly a disgrace. We are NOT Spain or Brazil because most of our top athletes play other sports.... we all get that. But the program is getting better and the boys have had some pretty special moments. The program isn't going anywhere.
    Rankings mean nothing. Would you say Chile, Belgium and Colombia are better than Spain and Germany? I remember in 2006 when number 1 and 2 Brazil and Czech Republic were supposed to go deep in the world Cup. They were average teams. Of course when you're playing CONCACAF teams, your ranking will go up. Only those with no knowledge of soccer use it to judge teams

Killer2121

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    I can agree somewhat.......how do we get the program to be a top ten nation?
    Drop the laughable standards/format of the MLS. No playoffs or draft or designated players. Make it like a European league system. If you want the players to get better, get them over to Europe somehow. The best US players have had European experience (Dempsey, Donovan). The only problem is getting them there. If they're going to stay here, hire coaches and staff with actual experience in real leagues. Doesn't have to be the best, just people who've been around the best. That clown Bob Bradley should've never gotten the job. They need to conform to others.

The main thing is getting players into Europe. Not sitting on the bench at midtable clubs or starting for teams in Norway and 2.Bundesliga. Players playing in big European leagues. I don't recall any successful world Cup team that didn't have players playing in Major European leagues.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

US did better than most of the European traditional powers last World Cup

People just need to chill with the hate and ridiculous expectations...we know they're not the best just root for them or don't

Also they're still in good shape to advance out of this group

Killer2121

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    US did better than most of the European traditional powers last World Cup

People just need to chill with the hate and ridiculous expectations...we know they're not the best just root for them or don't

Also they're still in good shape to advance out of this group
    Honestly, it was luck. Portugal wasn't supposed to play that badly.

Most of the hate is reactionary IMO. People love to cheer for the underdogs, but Americans just aren't likeable. The crazy amount of bandwagoning and boasting that goes on during cups is annoying.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Killer2121 View Post
    Honestly, it was luck. Portugal wasn't supposed to play that badly.

Most of the hate is reactionary IMO. People love to cheer for the underdogs, but Americans just aren't likeable. The crazy amount of bandwagoning and boasting that goes on during cups is annoying.
    I don't know why the team wouldn't be likable...they never have many world class players or even great players but they can compete and grind out results on a decent level

Some American fans that come around every 4 years can be annoying but whatever....fans from some other countries throw shit at opposing players and can be racist as hell so what's worse?

And I don't wanna hear about luck....That's a loser excuse and it's not the first time the US advanced out of the group in the World Cup, far from it. You can say anytime a favorite doesn't win it's luck....you get what you deserve and the US earned the right to advance out of the group. Ghana and Portugal didn't get it done
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 06-05-16 at 12:18 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Best athletes in the United States don't play soccer and that's part of the problem it's not our main sport like other countries

First 12