puregambling
    puregambling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3131

Top tip to keep your winnings

Basically i can win big in 1-2 days but always end up losing more in the long run. I can be up 30x units in a day but always lose all of it in the end. Rinse repeat.

Now i'm starting to build up my bankroll again and this time i want to keep hold of it and be more sensible at betting.

So can you post your top tip for keeping our winnings.

Thanks for sharing.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

You win big in 1 or 2 days because you take risks.

Limiting your risks will help you take more payouts but sounds like it might also limit your big wins too.

If you like taking risks maybe you need to give yourself just 48 hours with each deposit, then withdraw whatever you have from that book and make your standard deposit at a different one for the next 48 hours.
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rockmvp1209 gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Pick winners

avoid the pit
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave daneblazer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

There's another way. Mostly my way. Parlay your way to the sky until the stars all line up. That's when you hit the big-one that pays for all the losing memory you've have had for years. A straight bet only goes so far, actually, only as far as the next straight loser. We all have the personal power to go 8 for 8, 10 for 10, or even 12 for 12, at least one time a year. Most don't think it possible or even try. I do. Happy hunting.
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave ABEHONEST 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

puregambling

Not a good day for me today down 2 units but learning how to stop and wait for the right moment. I survived for a week with my winnings.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How old are you guy?

Need more info..bankroll size

puregambling

25-35

Bankroll is 1000
    1 unit = 100

Stake might be a bit high but i am comfortable with it and forces me to do less bets

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

With 1000 bankroll long term u need to limit your bets to 1-3% of bankroll normal bets
    Big bet max 5%
    I bet 50-100 a bet. Max bet ever 200.00
    My bank roll is 3800 right now but I withdrew after NFL season left few Hundo in it thanks to march madness and a few NHL NBA wagers it's grown quite nicely now I can dwindle it down during the dog days of baseball untill football season hoping to have 2000.00+ for NFL season this year
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave SEAHAWKHARRY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    There's another way. Mostly my way. Parlay your way to the sky until the stars all line up. That's when you hit the big-one that pays for all the losing memory you've have had for years. A straight bet only goes so far, actually, only as far as the next straight loser . We all have the personal power to go 8 for 8, 10 for 10, or even 12 for 12, at least one time a year. Most don't think it possible or even try. I do. Happy hunting.
    I agree with this.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How old are you guy?

Need more info..bankroll size
    Rooster size?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

you have $1000 roll and unit size is $100 but you can win up to $3000 a day?

you might want to slow down and don't chase.
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave Ghenghis Kahn 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by puregambling View Post
    25-35

Bankroll is 1000
    1 unit = 100

Stake might be a bit high but i am comfortable with it and forces me to do less bets

I've helped countless gamblers like yourself and can say that if you are using you're unit size to help control the number of bets you are making, this is one of many wrong apporaches to money management.

We need more info from you than age and bankroll size. For example, what leads you to a conclusion? Is it repeatable? Are you tracking you performance or just looking at your funds?

There are many factors involved that I can help you with, but, that said, you have indicated to me a couple of betting traits that will make it virtually impossible to come out ahead in the long run.

What, exactly, is your goal? I agree with keeping your winnings as a goal and have told investors in both sports and stocks that it is not what you gain in the markets, it's what you keep that counts.

Unfortunately, some gains are won in a way that essentially guarantees they will be lost, if it wasn't lost before the gains to begin with.

puregambling

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you have $1000 roll and unit size is $100 but you can win up to $3000 a day?

you might want to slow down and don't chase.
    Yes when i hit a single line with a 15-1 payout. Then go on a roll after.

True slowing down, withdrawing and chasing is my problem.

puregambling

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I've helped countless gamblers like yourself and can say that if you are using you're unit size to help control the number of bets you are making, this is one of many wrong apporaches to money management.

We need more info from you than age and bankroll size. For example, what leads you to a conclusion? Is it repeatable? Are you tracking you performance or just looking at your funds?

There are many factors involved that I can help you with, but, that said, you have indicated to me a couple of betting traits that will make it virtually impossible to come out ahead in the long run.

What, exactly, is your goal? I agree with keeping your winnings as a goal and have told investors in both sports and stocks that it is not what you gain in the markets, it's what you keep that counts.

Unfortunately, some gains are won in a way that essentially guarantees they will be lost, if it wasn't lost before the gains to begin with.

Yes i win big and lose even more. I don't track my bets just the funds. Goal is to be ahead and keep my bankroll steady by winning less but not losing or chasing...i know that we can have off days and lose no matter what as sports is very unpredictable.

jjgold

guy you love action, I do not think you want to win

I know many like you..love the agony of defeat

puregambling

This guy loves to post

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

jjgold

pure gambling.....money mngt or quit

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Focus on one or two sports at most seasonally to make dough on and do your homework. cant say this more but experience will only get you in the green long term IF you are able to learn and apply your mistakes into your routine. As for strategy I personally do not condone bankroll management unless you are big-time and have 6 figures rolling in your account. I stick to straight wagers most of the time there is a reason parlays are named after those skyscrapers in Vegas.
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave ringemup 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

puregambling

Cheers this thread keeping me focused and green.

puregambling

Keep the top tips going

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

jjgold

do not bet everyday is biggest thing and stop having different betting amounts for games
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19213

Hi, like your topic! I think the key is in recordkeeping and analyze everything from event to bet selection method. Identification of value methodology.

Basically, let's find out if you are lucky or good when you are winning or unlucky or bad when on a losing string.
    Points Awarded:

puregambling gave BuckyOne 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.