Krackles and emotional wreck right now

He is trying to find himself

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    What type of RV are you looking at?
    One that he can work in it, raise a baby with wife and bang hot chicks that are throwing themselves into him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Crackles bets 500 game but going to pull a maneuver like this?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

You fukkers are nuts, this is going to happen. I find out in two weeks whether I'm having back surgery, if yes, this is shelved until further notice. If no surgery, we'll be in the RV by next month as I already have the job offer.

As for the type of RV, I'm waffling. The goal is to try and balance being a minimalist and making do with some semblence of having a home. Ultimatey, I'm trying to minimize monthly rent and maximize my paychecks. Travel nursing in an rv does both, I think.

Not sure yet what kind I want, Imm looking at everything, class A, 5th wheels, travel trailers, in the 34' range, with slide outs and W/D hookups, 2 ac's, etc.....

Probably spend about $500/month on campsite mortgage which includes all utilities, plus insurance, fuel, maintenance, repairs, new truck, new truck insurance, new truck fuel, new SUV for the miss, new SUV insurance, new SUV fuel.

Heres the ultimate goal, make some sacrifices over the next 3 years, live as cheap as possible, and save enough to buy a nice property on Bainbridge Island

We'll see, probably a colossal failure in the making.

My biggest concern is how do I keep getting my oxy?????

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Krak, JJ's right, you're falling apart up there.

Keep the baby safe, Kraken your family is the priority.

I suggest looking up old BigBear threads, he was always looking to solve the mid-life crisis.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

trannies to rv... kraken, you're definitely magnesium deficient pal.

The Kraken

KVB, I've had my crisis, I'm good now.

This is a possible solution to a problem. Living in Seattle is uber expensive, pay is really good but just enough to keep ip with COL.

So I have to find ways to put the equation in our favor, make more and spend less.

Right now I make roughly $45/hr, pay close to $2500/month rent. I could make $75/hr, and only be taxed on the $21/hr, and pay much less in monthly costs

Again, I'm trying to be logical here. Mrs Krack is onboard with the nomade lifestyle.

Thing is, if we hate it, I keep traveling, we get an apt, and sell the RV for a small loss.

So there's a bailout plan.

You just never know until you jump.

One thing is for sure, babies first. We'll do whats best for her
    Last edited by The Kraken; 05-15-16 at 03:40 PM.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Used motor home or travel trailer is cheaper especially from private.

If you both need a vehicle, a truck with a 5th wheel you can drive separate and she can drive her car behind
    when moving.

If the wife and I split, that's what I'm doing. Buying a travel trailer and touring the US.

The Kraken

RKelly

Pros and cons, as with everything else in life

Talk your wife into doing it with you

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Krackles you could buy a nice house on Bainbridge right now for under 2500/mo. I'll be honest with you I might go Poulsbo even though the drive to the ferry would be kind of a nighmare

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Where are nurses getting $45-$75/hr? No wonder we're short on nurses up here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This kid is barreled in

I do not care what he says

We throw stones at rv's

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Where are nurses getting $45-$75/hr? No wonder we're short on nurses up here.
    I've got 11 years, and full time nurses at UCSF and Standord make over $70/hr

In Seattle I make $45

There are a # of smaller hosptals on the outskirts of the bay area that pay >$60/hr and ppl don't pay the exorbitant bay area housing prices

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Krackles you could buy a nice house on Bainbridge right now for under 2500/mo. I'll be honest with you I might go Poulsbo even though the drive to the ferry would be kind of a nighmare
    We're looking for more of a property, probably 3-4br/2bath with atleast 3 acres, ao it gets pricey there.

We own multiple properties and could afford it now, but I don't want to sell our properties nor take out loans against the equity.

In addition to making more and paying less to live, we'd also get to trave a lot, so two birds

Typical nursing assignments are 13 weeks, some people take a week off between every assignment, if we had an RV we could take a week or two off and go to Lake Tahoe, the beach, Vegas, etc....

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Lol, what a load of shit. OP's an admitted opiate pill head. White trash

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    maybe I am

but you live in your mom's basement

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What will you name the RV? The Kraken Mobile? Nurse on Wheels?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

Right on Krack!

You get a new view from your home whenever you want.

Great plan!
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave DwightShrute 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Kraken, I get the feeling you have been looking for something new since the 40-something guy died of a heart attack.

Your plan sounds like it could be a good one for a few years. How will you make $75 per hour but only be taxed on $21?

The Kraken

There's total compensation and then there is $/hr

As a travel nurse, the total compensation is much greater than the $/hr. Most companies pay $21/hr and that is taxed. In addition to that is the per diem wages and housing stipends, generally around $6k/month. If you own a home, or a "tax home", that $6k/month is not taxed, assuming the tax home is not being rented out, there are ways around this however.

And this is the reason I want to move into an RV, to maximize the difference between the housing stipend and the amount paid each month in rent. The cheaper we can live, the more we pocket. Plus, there will be equity in the RV when we decide to quit traveling and we can sell it, canmt sell an apt we've rented for 2 years

Interesting you bring that patient up, which was ultimately just part of a terrible week and we were talking about it at work today.

At this point, that patient nor week has any influence on my decisions, I've recovered. This is more of a pressure feeling that I feel like we have a 3 -4 year window to maximize my salary to give us a better life going forward. Once my girl is in school, full time travel is done.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 05-16-16 at 11:17 PM.

The Kraken

You really are too dumb. I always knew you were uneducated but I thought you had common sense, now I realize you don't.

Dumb Fukk

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Hadn't even considered this

I'm not sure

maybe BitemeDEA?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The Fukk Truck

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    License Plate is obviously: IBRK4TRNNYS
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave El Nino 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Kraken

After careful thought and consideration, it's only 50% this will happen now

First, if I want to get a travel trailer comfortable enough for us, not luxury just comfy, the weight would exceed what my current truck can tow.

So then in addition to a $30k travel trailer, I'd be looking at a $40-$50k/truck, plus full coverage ins, tack on the $500 month a spot to park, I'd be close to $2k/month again.... Atleast I'd be building some equity

Plus it looks like if hospitals are slow, most travel nurse contracts allow the hospital to cancel the RN's shift once every two weeks without pay! I only work 3 shifts a week, so they're allowed to cancel 1/6th of my shifts????

Fukk that

Guys, this may be a bust, I'm not sure yet.

Looking at motorhomes now

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

BREAKING BAD

Last edited by 19th Hole; 05-17-16 at 05:04 AM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Will most likely spend a majority of time in mild climates and chasing good weather

First job is going to be in Kennewick WA. Not much there but that have a real nice trailer park on the Columbia River, gorgeous scenery

Dogs will love it
    My ex lives there.... I know all the spots and am a few hours from you

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7776

Tons of video on Ytube of people doing this. Lots of RV deals on Ebay. Search no reserve. Good luck.

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

At this point, that patient nor week has any influence on my decisions, I've recovered. This is more of a pressure feeling that I feel like we have a 3 -4 year window to maximize my salary to give us a better life going forward. Once my girl is in school, full time travel is done.

You know the best way to maximize your salary and provide your daughter with a great upbringing? Midwest.

I know you detest it, but it's not all bad. There are pockets that resemble what you're accustomed to. I grew up on the beach--east coast. You know where I live now? Midwest.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

You need to move to Texas. You really want your daughter growing up around all the queers and freaks there in Seattle? No, you do not.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

grease lightnin
    &

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    You need to move to Texas. You really want your daughter growing up around all the queers and freaks there in Seattle? No, you do not.
    Ehh... I dunno about that.

http://blog.estately.com/2014/03/the...or-douchebags/

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Kraken,

are you seriously having second thoughts about buying the RV?...if so, did you think about moving to the east coast here in the DC/Baltimore area if you are looking for a better career opportunity?...we have Johns Hopkins, one of the best hospitals in the world let alone in the US...seems like you are qualified so I'm pretty sure you could get a decent salary and affordable living although the cost of living in this area is one of the highest in the country...and you will be only 30 minutes away from 6 major sports teams!...(Caps, O's, Nat's, Skins, Ravens, Wizards).......the pro's and positives far outweigh the cons and negatives!...

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

hey broke dick pill popper Kracker, wheres the pics of you trailer

The Kraken

hey broke dick pill popper Kracker, wheres the pics of you trailer

Are you jelly?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Kraken,

are you seriously having second thoughts about buying the RV?...if so, did you think about moving to the east coast here in the DC/Baltimore area if you are looking for a better career opportunity?...we have Johns Hopkins, one of the best hospitals in the world let alone in the US...seems like you are qualified so I'm pretty sure you could get a decent salary and affordable living although the cost of living in this area is one of the highest in the country...and you will be only 30 minutes away from 6 major sports teams!...(Caps, O's, Nat's, Skins, Ravens, Wizards).......the pro's and positives far outweigh the cons and negatives!...
    We did reconsider for the time being, we've decided to be content here for now. I have a standing job offer at Stanford and that will likely be our next stop, and my last patient care oriented job. Informatics going forward

First 123 Last