TommyDog
    TommyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

I am ready to take the bitcoin / nitrogen leap...either talk me in or out of it.

Pretty sure I finally figured out this whole Bitcoin ordeal. Signed up at coinbase, bought some bitcoin (awaiting bank transaction) and signed up at Nitrogen.
    Pretty much all the reviews I've read regarding the use of Bitcoin and Nitrogen have been solid.
    So, plain and simple..... Pros and cons of both?
    I understand Bitcoin is not the most stable of "currency," but the difficulties of sending / receiving funds makes me want to at least give this a try.
    I also love the anonymity of Nitrogen, but at the same time it makes me a bit nervous.... I mean, who are the owners, who am I dealing with.... without a true "Identity" how difficult will it be should I have an issue that surfaces?
    Also, a lot of people have suggested a "go-between" for coinbase and Nitrogen. I went with blockchain. Kind of confused by this..... If I send directly from coinbase to Nitrogen, how do they know where I'm sending? Aren't I sending to potentially a different address each time? This part confused and worried me. I don't want to jump into this only to find out it's Neteller 2.0

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT. And I am sorry, I know there have been more bitcoin topics than probably necessary, but I just want some bit of peace of mind before I get into this.
    Thanks again!

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well you need Blockchain as a go between circle/coinbase because they will apparently close your account if they suspect its used for gambling. Although the different addresses are generated, it still does not give complete anonymity as coinbase/circle can look for patterns to make this determination. If you just purchase it there and then store it briefly in blockchain (ingoing and outgoing) then it is harder to track. I am not the resident expert in anyway that would be raiders and sbr videos but it's a better process than methods we've had in the past.

One concern is limits when you initially setup an account for some, they do raise it after successful transactions but it takes time. Some allow insta buys (with a CC om file) which is what is potentially the biggest concern since some of us will abuse that hence they don't want your business if you're a (degenerate) gambler.

As far as Nitrogen, they seem to have decent cs there and speed of transactions is nice but you have some valid concerns. Again I'm not an expert or have extensive dealings with Nitrogen so take that as you will. Good luck!

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Anyone with an opinion of how their lines and odds match up against other bookies? Would there be any reason for a Euro to sign up?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

The lines there are vanilla in my opinion and basically a pinnacle clone. I haven't followed them extensively over a period of time but you will find better prices elsewhere. The positives though are the speed of transactions so if you are looking for a faster option then its pretty awesome. I believe you can shift between friends easier not in a nefarious way but in the sense of hey send me a bitcoin to bet the niners or w.e if you have friends like that. Poker and graphical layout is not too bad either. I still prefer 5D/Heritage as a trump supporting american.

juicername

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    The lines there are vanilla in my opinion and basically a pinnacle clone. I haven't followed them extensively over a period of time but you will find better prices elsewhere. The positives though are the speed of transactions so if you are looking for a faster option then its pretty awesome. I believe you can shift between friends easier not in a nefarious way but in the sense of hey send me a bitcoin to bet the niners or w.e if you have friends like that. Poker and graphical layout is not too bad either. I still prefer 5D/Heritage as a trump supporting american.
    Thanks man.

Crystos
    Crystos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

I just opened an account with nitrogen. Still very new and have not placed a wager nor do I officially own any bitcoins yet. My advice, which I am doing as well, start small. See how you like the feel of it, get used to making transactions depositing and withdrawing from your account. I bought $100 in BTC through coinbase, they will not be available til next Wednesday. I am going to try other methods and options out in the next couple of weeks as well. I still have my 5D account going, still making plays daily. You can now cash out at 5D using BTC.

A few thoughts. Coinbase or a similar site is necessary (I think) to get the funds converted to USD and deposited in your bank. That is where the limits come into play, I believe. I do not believe blockchain has a limit. With that in mind there are other ways to get BTC into your blockchain wallet, which would then be available for use. Localbitcoins.com is a way to buy BTC direct from a person. There are different options i.e. money transfer services, deposits at their bank, face-to-face. Theoretically, you could just buy however many you want have them sent to your blockchain then boom deposit wherever. Also, if 5D and others allow you to withdraw in BTC to your blockchain wallet that opens up another way to circumnavigate limits, at least until your limits are higher.

As I said, I am also new to this so not sure if my thinking is correct here. I intend to test this out in the coming weeks. Again, start small, play around a bit, shuffle some crypto currency around the web. After a few weeks you should be comfortable with BTC and will know if it is for you.

I, personally, believe it to be the future. This thing has been around for 7 years or something and since the beginning all you hear about is how unstable it is and how your funds could be wiped out, but in fact, it is not only still here but is bigger and more common than ever. I kick myself all the time for not getting into this sooner.

BOL sir

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

I'm loving being new to the Bitcoin world!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

try it out

compare

Meansteam
    Meansteam's Avatar Become A Pro!

In terms of lines, they are average. They aren't overly juiced, but nothing that is an advantage to the player. They do have a wide range of offerings and sports. Their live betting has been spotty lately. They have had a few days where they have it offline. Clearly the biggest pros are not having to give out personal info and the speed of deposits and withdrawls. You can have money in within 10 minutes, and money going back in within 10 minutes. Thus you never have to keep a book funded. I keep my heritage account active to keep up with promotions there and the cash back. But I have noticed I've switched over about half of my play over to nitrogen, just for the fast in and out.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Meansteam View Post
    In terms of lines, they are average. They aren't overly juiced, but nothing that is an advantage to the player. They do have a wide range of offerings and sports. Their live betting has been spotty lately. They have had a few days where they have it offline. Clearly the biggest pros are not having to give out personal info and the speed of deposits and withdrawls. You can have money in within 10 minutes, and money going back in within 10 minutes. Thus you never have to keep a book funded. I keep my heritage account active to keep up with promotions there and the cash back. But I have noticed I've switched over about half of my play over to nitrogen, just for the fast in and out.
    No disrespect intended but isn't all of the "in and out" what keeps getting everyone banned at the BTC wallets/exchanges that people have been using? I mean isn't that why people get flagged initially and then investigated for gambling, all of the quick transactions to the same places? I'm looking into Nitrogen as I hear good things about it but I'll be fine with leaving my money in there for a few weeks or whatever. I don't understand the need to get it out everyday asap all the time, unless there's something I don't know like the book is in danger of folding or something? It seems to me like there's a certain degree of paranoia running rampant in the BTC/book game but I'm new to it, so there might be something I'm missing or don't understand about it all?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

If you move money from exchange to wallet to book, you should be fine. The reason to do that quickly and why Nitrogen is the book to use for that, is that you don't want to get stuck with BTC fluctuations. Even books like Heritage and 5D take time to process your payouts. Nitrogen is nearly automatic. Pinny lines.

A year ago I would have said don't bother but I am a BTC convert when it comes to gambling. I hate myself.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    If you move money from exchange to wallet to book, you should be fine. The reason to do that quickly and why Nitrogen is the book to use for that, is that you don't want to get stuck with BTC fluctuations. Even books like Heritage and 5D take time to process your payouts. Nitrogen is nearly automatic. Pinny lines.

A year ago I would have said don't bother but I am a BTC convert when it comes to gambling. I hate myself.
    I see your point. I'm bullish on BTC though so I don't really mind daily variance. I'm fine with holding on to it for awhile. The general trend has been upward all year since I've been following BTC more closely.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

their golf futures are GARBAGE at best and other sports you are lucky if they let you parlay anything.

too many other books now take btc to waste time with these clowns imo but if you are betting single games this is the spot

jjgold

I'm surprise nitrogen does not just copy lines for everything from other sports books and then there really going to be popular

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

1. Nitrogen opened in 2012.
    2. There have been no payout problems.
    3. Deposits near instant, withdrawals within 10 minutes.
    4. Pinny clone. Pinny changed a way to pull lines Monday causing Nitrogen to have problems with live and HT betting.
    5. Anonymous.
    6. For security you can enable 2FA through google authenticator although it's not mandatory.
    7. Run coins through an exchange such as Poloniex. This will wash the money and keep you from being banned at Coinbase/Circle.
    8. You should be safe with Nitrogen even if you don't go through an exchange. Nitrogen allows you to change your deposit address up to five times a day. They have many wallets for payouts.

There are many ways to buy and sell bitcoins. Filter by method, country and currency: https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/find-exchange/

Bitcoins were invented in 2009 and sports books started using them in 2011.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-15-16 at 01:37 AM.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I'm surprise nitrogen does not just copy lines for everything from other sports books and then there really going to be popular
    They copy Pinnacle.

jjgold

Everyone better hope bitcoin does not become regulated by the government then it's all over

juicername

I might give it a try as a Euro anyway. Have been looking into a reason to get some bitcoins. Feels like it would be stupid to not have any if the value was to explode again.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    No disrespect intended but isn't all of the "in and out" what keeps getting everyone banned at the BTC wallets/exchanges that people have been using? I mean isn't that why people get flagged initially and then investigated for gambling, all of the quick transactions to the same places? I'm looking into Nitrogen as I hear good things about it but I'll be fine with leaving my money in there for a few weeks or whatever. I don't understand the need to get it out everyday asap all the time, unless there's something I don't know like the book is in danger of folding or something? It seems to me like there's a certain degree of paranoia running rampant in the BTC/book game but I'm new to it, so there might be something I'm missing or don't understand about it all?
    You don't have to take your money out ASAP. It's just a nice option.

I agree with the rampant paranoia although I was the same way prior to jumping in..

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    You don't have to take your money out ASAP. It's just a nice option.
    I agree with the rampant paranoia although I was the same way prior to jumping in..
    Paranoia/CONCERN is associated with the fact that we are MOST LIKELY breaking a law, or the law.
    To me, it boils down to this... be prepared to have your funds confiscated at ANY TIME, and PAY the tax-man if you make profit.

This is potentially a dangerous endeavor - sports gambling, for a number of reasons ... NEVER piss "the man" off.

There are many men. Respect them and yourselves and we shall have peace.

Unless we go on "tilt"/losing streak!

With Love (to all good men, not just you Raiders!!) - Pass it the on.
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 05-15-16 at 05:13 AM. Reason: profanity added or removed!

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

The problem with bitcoin is purchasing. I don't like getting 0.70-0.85 cents on the dollar. I use paxful to purchase as of now.

Any suggestions.