a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

Tb -1/2 +100, pit +105

Islanders on a hot streak recently, but I haven't been all that impressed with their play. They might win this series, but I thought they eeked through Florida who was the better team in most games. TB was flat after a short and underwhelming Wings series. Needed to get a dose of wake the ef up.

TB gets it done in regulation today, and Pittsburgh at night.

Good luck!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Bishop is struggling vs the isles. Some teams own certain goalies. I remember pat Roy used to lose to the flyers all the time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tampa will win

Pit has no shot..game one was the one to to steal on the road

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tampa will win

Pit has no shot..game one was the one to to steal on the road
    Bahahahahhahahahshahahahahhaahahhahahahh ahahahahahhahHahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah ahhahahahhahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahha hahahhahahahhahahhahahhaahaahhahahahhaha
    Pittsburgh wins or I'll leave and I'll let you cap Hockey.

UncleChael

Get on this!!! Pittsburgh wins tonight... You boys are going to find out who Sidney Crosby is tonight, the hard way!

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Hope your ritght i have the same exact plays lets get them

UncleChael

Pound Pittsburgh men

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quick note on the Pitt vs. Washington game. There is much agreement between the sharper forecasters and less sophisticated handicappers. Everyone agrees that Pitt is the winner here, some by one goal, some by as many as 2. I have Pitt winning by about 1.5 goals.

Despite this agreement in forecasts and the number of overall tickets coming in on Pitt it seems a bit off that Washington remains favored.

Pittsburgh plus money represents value no matter which way you cut it and is one of the reasons why there is so much action that way. I wouldn't be surprised if this game closes a pick 'em or even with Pitt as a road favorite.

Pittsburgh could fuk this one up for the bettors.

UncleChael

They have the best player in the NHL.

UncleChael

Sidney Crosby boys. Keep pounding

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Love it.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Quick note on the Pitt vs. Washington game. There is much agreement between the sharper forecasters and less sophisticated handicappers. Everyone agrees that Pitt is the winner here, some by one goal, some by as many as 2. I have Pitt winning by about 1.5 goals.

Despite this agreement in forecasts and the number of overall tickets coming in on Pitt it seems a bit off that Washington remains favored.

Pittsburgh plus money represents value no matter which way you cut it and is one of the reasons why there is so much action that way. I wouldn't be surprised if this game closes a pick 'em or even with Pitt as a road favorite.

Pittsburgh could fuk this one up for the bettors.

why would pit be favored to win on the road in a series they were underdogs to win to begin with? wash was favored to win the cup too....if they're not going to be favored at home, then the odds for everything else are way off.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    why would pit be favored to win on the road in a series they were underdogs to win to begin with?...
    This exact question is the essence of my post and exactly what my post addresses. Read it again.

Goat Milk

This exact question is the essence of my post and exactly what my post addresses. Read it again.

i did. you said you wouldn't be suprised if the line closes at a pk or with ptt as a road favorite. that's not going to happen. wash was favored to win this series. they will be favored to win every game at home, no matter how much money pours in on pitt. pit plus money isn't value. it's the correct, fair line. line has already been slightly adjusted because of penguins money....both these teams are the real deal. this series is a coin flip imo. winner takes the cup.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

i did. you said you wouldn't be suprised if the line closes at a pk or with ptt as a road favorite. that's not going to happen. wash was favored to win this series. they will be favored to win every game at home, no matter how much money pours in on pitt. pit plus money isn't value. it's the correct, fair line. line has already been slightly adjusted because of penguins money....both these teams are the real deal. this series is a coin flip imo. winner takes the cup.
    I agree with almost everything you're saying which is why I chimed in on this game to begin with, it would have been an interesting shift. Right now I see money hitting the Washington puck line like crazy. Books are moving the lines now.

The only part I disagree with is that I believe, and all valid forecasts indicate, that Pitt plus money is indeed value and the books may be playing the market participants here, even with the late line shifts.

There's nothing to indicate, GOAT, that you understand how to calculate a valid, or even "fair" line. It sounds like you are going off of what the books say and assuming the market is always efficient.

This can be a mistake long term, especially for a bettor who varies his bet size. Who's to say the series price was "fair" to begin with? What did you have the series price at? Did you figure out a money line for this game, or did you just agree with the books?

There's a lot more to the markets than a basic myth that the books are always always right on. The truth is the books are right where they want to be and bettors who trust they are always "right on" will bury their bankrolls over and over again.

UncleChael

18 minutes til game time. I'm chicken little here.

Goat Milk

I agree with almost everything you're saying which is why I chimed in on this game to begin with, it would have been an interesting shift. Right now I see money hitting the Washington puck line like crazy. Books are moving the lines now.

The only part I disagree with is that I believe, and all valid forecasts indicate, that Pitt plus money is indeed value and the books may be playing the market participants here, even with the late line shifts.

There's nothing to indicate, GOAT, that you understand how to calculate a valid, or even "fair" line. It sounds like you are going off of what the books say and assuming the market is always efficient.

This can be a mistake long term, especially for a bettor who varies his bet size. Who's to say the series price was "fair" to begin with? What did you have the series price at? Did you figure out a money line for this game, or did you just agree with the books?

There's a lot more to the markets than a basic myth that the books are always always right on. The truth is the books are right where they want to be and bettors who trust they are always "right on" will bury their bankrolls over and over again.

Good points but I don't agree with the books. Books set lines based on a bunch of factors including public perception, as you know. They don't pick sides on games. They want even money on both sides. They're not gonna waste time or resources gambling. I'm only saying that because the books already made wash the favorite to win the cup before this series and made them favored for this series, they're not going to suddenly make pitt a favorite on the road after 1 game......

not saying i agree or disagree with the line....because only 1 game has been played, the line is where it should be according to the pre series numbers.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...They don't pick sides on games. They want even money on both sides. They're not gonna waste time or resources gambling...
    I think for me to address this in this context, with exactly what's happening with tonight's movement, would be to write something that should likely not be written in the Forum, lol.

I could start, however, just by saying that "the books" aren't really this collection of independent houses managing their own risk, there is far, far more to it than that. It is more like a collective, often offering an illusion of choice.

I'll leave the rest as knowledge for the esoteric, to be sought and discovered.

lego3882
    lego3882's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I think for me to address this in this context, with exactly what's happening with tonight's movement, would be to write something that should likely not be written in the Forum, lol.

I could start, however, just by saying that "the books" aren't really this collection of independent houses managing their own risk, there is far, far more to it than that. It is more like a collective, often offering an illusion of choice.

I'll leave the rest as knowledge for the esoteric, to be sought and discovered.

Please explain I am very interested

UncleChael

Puck is dropped. Lets FUKKING do this.

UncleChael

HAGELIN!!! and the pens strike first. 1-0.

lego3882

UncleChael

The Caps fans are sleeping..
    3rd period coming up boys. Lets get it.

lego3882

Those unfinished power plays may bite us

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...Pittsburgh could fuk this one up for the bettors...
    They better fukkin hold this lead. I own Pitt and I hate leading early. Washington may get a goal in the third...

lego3882

They better fukkin hold this lead. I own Pitt and I hate leading early. Washington may get a goal in the third...
    My regulation bet is scared to death
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

lego3882

That's how 0-5 on the penetrating pp goes

UncleChael

That wasn't a FUKKING penatly by Letang but w.e PP goal 1-1.

UncleChael

Don't fukk with it boys!! Penguins got our back. FEHR!!!! 2-1 Pens. 4:20 left.

Miavia
    Just Bring it...
    Miavia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

let's GO......

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

UncleChael

Letsss GETTT ITTTTT.

lego3882

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice work a4u2; a good day for you indeed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That was hard to pull off but it was done by one of our guys excellent job

12 Last