a) throw a no hitter
    b) lose a game

I lean to a.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Arrieta sucks. He has no rings.

Nor do any of the rest of those bums on Cubs except the rejects from the Boston squad, which was a dynasty. Carcinogenic Lester, Redneck Lackey and the 40 year old grampa catcher.

You guys at the top of this thread posting stats are full of shit too cause if he was seriously 18-0 on the RL last season or whatever you guys said, then why the hell aren't you guys millionaires from it? You guys should've been putting $50K on every game you'd have a million. If I was 100% confident that somebody would win every game, I would move to Vegas with my life savings, rent a place and get as much as possible down at every single book in town and offshore online. So you guys either aren't very confident, you have incorrect data or you're broke dikks. I'd venture to guess that it's probably a combination of the three. Arrieta is a great pitcher, any team would love to have him right now. Just give him the Cy Young already, unless he suddenly implodes like Lincecum or Ankiel or something.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post

Nor do any of the rest of those bums on Cubs except the rejects from the Boston squad, which was a dynasty. Carcinogenic Lester, Redneck Lackey and the 40 year old grampa catcher.

You guys at the top of this thread posting stats are full of shit too cause if he was seriously 18-0 on the RL last season or whatever you guys said, then why the hell aren't you guys millionaires from it? You guys should've been putting $50K on every game you'd have a million. If I was 100% confident that somebody would win every game, I would move to Vegas with my life savings, rent a place and get as much as possible down at every single book in town and offshore online. So you guys either aren't very confident, you have incorrect data or you're broke dikks. I'd venture to guess that it's probably a combination of the three. Arrieta is a great pitcher, any team would love to have him right now. Just give him the Cy Young already, unless he suddenly implodes like Lincecum or Ankiel or something.
    Yeah, well, they're a dynasty in retrospect - weren't a dynasty until they were and until then Boston had won nothing either. The Cubs are going to win multiple championships within the next 6 or 7 seasons.

Bigdave117
    Bigdave117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

You guys at the top of this thread posting stats are full of shit too

here you go

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelo...5/jake-arrieta

Arrieta in 2016

9-0
    6-2
    7-3
    16-0

Arrieta starts in 2015 to finish regular season

6-1
    4-0
    4-0
    3-2
    5-1
    2-0
    2-0
    8-5
    7-1
    6-3
    2-0
    5-0
    5-2
    0-5 (L)
    4-1
    3-1
    7-4
    6-1

It's just a level of domination that's astounding

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdave117 View Post
    here you go

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelo...5/jake-arrieta

Arrieta in 2016

9-0
    6-2
    7-3
    16-0

Arrieta starts in 2015 to finish regular season

6-1
    4-0
    4-0
    3-2
    5-1
    2-0
    2-0
    8-5
    7-1
    6-3
    2-0
    5-0
    5-2
    0-5 (L)
    4-1
    3-1
    7-4
    6-1

It's just a level of domination that's astounding
    His current dominance is obvious. He's the current Cy Young and one of a list of Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson and Clayton Kershaw to be the current Cy Young winner and throw a no hitter the subsequent season. However, as impressive as his numbers were last season, that was the first time in his career that he's ever breached 200 innings, 200 K's or thrown more than 1 CG or shutout in a season and he's 30 years old. By comparison Kershaw is younger in age and already has 5 seasons of over 200 innings, 6 seasons of over 200 K's, 5 seasons with multiple CGs and 5 seasons with multiple shutouts. So I'd say Jake has yet to prove to us that this is all sustainable for multiple years like we've grown accustomed to seeing with guys like Kershaw, Bumgarner, Greinke etc. Don't forget that the first half of last season wasn't like the second half. He went 2-4 with a 4 ERA last May. He also got hit in the playoffs. The Cardinals and Mets both jacked HRs off of him and put up multiple runs on him when it really matters in October.

My question is why aren't you guys that fantasize over him all the time betting $50K a game on his starts then if you're so confident in him winning and covering the RL?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

His current dominance is obvious. He's the current Cy Young and one of a list of Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson and Clayton Kershaw to be the current Cy Young winner and throw a no hitter the subsequent season. However, as impressive as his numbers were last season, that was the first time in his career that he's ever breached 200 innings, 200 K's or thrown more than 1 CG or shutout in a season and he's 30 years old. By comparison Kershaw is younger in age and already has 5 seasons of over 200 innings, 6 seasons of over 200 K's, 5 seasons with multiple CGs and 5 seasons with multiple shutouts. So I'd say Jake has yet to prove to us that this is all sustainable for multiple years like we've grown accustomed to seeing with guys like Kershaw, Bumgarner, Greinke etc. Don't forget that the first half of last season wasn't like the second half. He went 2-4 with a 4 ERA last May. He also got hit in the playoffs. The Cardinals and Mets both jacked HRs off of him and put up multiple runs on him when it really matters in October.

My question is why aren't you guys that fantasize over him all the time betting $50K a game on his starts then if you're so confident in him winning and covering the RL?
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave swordsandtequila 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Next start Wed 27th at home vs. Brewers (should be Taylor Jungman). Should be massive line, north of -300.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is up there but like many others have posted many dominant pitchers who went on runs in the past

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

LMAO

Arrieta is 26-6 last 2 seasons with a 1.65 ERA and .84 WHIP
    Help me out, was he on the Cubs when they got swept by the Mets? I'm pretty sure that happened during the last 2 seasons, right? Can someone check google? Thanks.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Help me out, was he on the Cubs when they got swept by the Mets? I'm pretty sure that happened during the last 2 seasons, right? Can someone check google? Thanks.
    Usually when records like these are posted it will not include playoff figures.

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Next start Wed 27th at home vs. Brewers (should be Taylor Jungman). Should be massive line, north of -300.

that game may as well be putting a MLB team vs a minor league team

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I went to college with Arrieta he was a good pitcher not great in college, and then he sucked with the Orioles, so this surprises me. Never saw him as anything more than a marginal MLB player at best when he was in college.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Yes. They all did.
    Actually no, they all didn't.

But I'll wait while you fumble fukk your way around and pretend to prove otherwise.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is up there but like many others have posted many dominant pitchers who went on runs in the past
    Other than Hershiser, during this current stretch, not in the modern era.

"Many others" have posed it, but that doesn't mean it's true. It's actually not. And I'm no fan of Arrieta, or the Cubs.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, I never saw Orel Hershiser pitch!

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

These kids these days... My God!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I agree that he has a long, long way to go re: proving his worth as a truly elite pitcher. You are absolutely right, and there's really not even a question about it.

With that being said, since July 15 or whenever this current streak started, none of us have seen anything like this 20-some odd start run. Hershiser and Doc Gooden would be the only comparables when it comes to this kind of short-term "zone" he's in.

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I agree that he has a long, long way to go re: proving his worth as a truly elite pitcher. You are absolutely right, and there's really not even a question about it.

With that being said, since July 15 or whenever this current streak started, none of us have seen anything like this 20-some odd start run. Hershiser and Doc Gooden would be the only comparables when it comes to this kind of short-term "zone" he's in.
    Not just the individual dominance but the team dominance in his starts has been crazy

The cubs have outscored opponents 38-6 in his 4 starts this year

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Gibson....think it was 1.12....think he did OK in the playoffs....

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Gibson....think it was 1.12....think he did OK in the playoffs....

That's a different era though. Even with a 1.12 ERA, his record was only 22-9 - presumably because of lack of offense

Arrieta will go something like 28-2 this year because of how powerful his team is

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Arrieta sucks. He has no rings.
    winning way overrated. it only matters if you are on the team. only matters to you if you win bets on him. does anyone actually call their relatives to brag about their team winning the world series. i doubt it.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm just waiting for MLB to let this man piss in a cup.

It will answer all of your questions.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    winning way overrated. it only matters if you are on the team. only matters to you if you win bets on him. does anyone actually call their relatives to brag about their team winning the world series. i doubt it.
    Loser talk. Madbum has 3 rings. Have fun trying to catch up
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave Killer_Demo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Best pitcher of all time. He's mowing down the top teams in the league right now. Best ever lol

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11965

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    9 starts before tonight. 0.66 ERA, 6 BB and 66 K's. Lot of sixes
    He made a deal with Satan

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

That's a different era though. Even with a 1.12 ERA, his record was only 22-9 - presumably because of lack of offense

Arrieta will go something like 28-2 this year because of how powerful his team is
    OK, now that truly would be the most impressive season in the modern era.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20697

Year Age Tm Lg Series Rslt Opp W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W
    2015 29 CHC NL NLWC W PIT 1 0 1.000 0.00 1 1 0 1 1 0 9.0 5 0 0 0 0 0 11 2 0 0 32 0.556 5.0 0.0 0.0 11.0
    2015 29 CHC NL NLDS W STL 1 0 1.000 6.35 1 1 0 0 0 0 5.2 5 4 4 1 2 0 9 1 0 0 25 1.235 7.9 1.6 3.2 14.3 4.50
    2015 29 CHC NL NLCS L NYM 0 1 .000 7.20 1 1 0 0 0 0 5.0 4 4 4 1 2 1 8 0 0 0 21 1.200 7.2 1.8 3.6 14.4 4.00

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20697

selective memory

habitualwinning

that game may as well be putting a MLB team vs a minor league team

Let me see either of you fanboys post a 4 or 5 figure ticket on the game then and I'll leave you both alone. There's a difference between a guy in MLB making millions of dollars and winning awards and regular Joes like you guys making money off his back. Post up or shut up. If you guys are just Cubs homers that's fine, enjoy the ride of this season and at least a few more to come in the future but don't post shit like this dude is up 18 units on the RL since last July and then not post any tickets with 4 or 5 figures cashing. Are you guys just fanboys or are you gamblers?

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I went to college with Arrieta he was a good pitcher not great in college, and then he sucked with the Orioles, so this surprises me. Never saw him as anything more than a marginal MLB player at best when he was in college.
    That's really all he's been up until the last half season. It's rare to see a guy suck his entire career and then at 30 years old become Cy Young. The guy seems pretty cool though. He's not an arrogant prick like Harper, Machado or C. Gomez. He's rockin it out right now man. Hope he gets rewarded with some big money off of the success. Congrats to anyone who's had the balls to drop 5 figures on him the last half season, they'd be up a couple hundred grand. I doubt anybody on this forum has done that though. It's just a bunch of shat talkers putting $20 on him and jaw jacking about how they're up big off of him, lol.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

WELL north of -300. This might be over -400 with how bad the brewers and jungman are. and its HOME!?!? This might be -450 -1.5 -190...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

pedro in steroid era was lights out

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm just waiting for MLB to let this man piss in a cup.

It will answer all of your questions.
    Agree. Saw the postgame interview last night. Looks like the Incredible Hulk.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    selective memory
    OP was talking about his regular season run since last July I believe.

Bigdave117

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Agree. Saw the postgame interview last night. Looks like the Incredible Hulk.
    Lol he ain't that big, just very lean

He's probably 6-4 220

First 123 Last