Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Friday Night's NBA Winners

Boyz,

There are some wacky lines on the board tonight. Let's analyze the reasons for it and take advantage......

PHILLY +1- against NYKnicks. It's been over a year since the 76ers won two games in a row. That streak of futility ends tonight against the putrid Knicks, losers of 5 or their last 6. There's a new GM in town for Philly. He'll be smiling tonight.

ORLANDO -1 over Miami. The Magic have long been out of the playoff hunt, but they've enjoyed playing the role of spoiler. Orlando has won 4 of last 6, their offense really sparkling. This is the first of a home and home set. Miami needs the game more but they played last night. I'll go with the rested home team.

NEW ORLEANS -2- over Lakers. The Hornets have been banged up but have also been playing hard. There's no quit in them. The Lakers meanwhile are pathetic, with little heart or leadership. Metta World Peace has been seeing playing time for goodness sakes! Another loss for Kobe and the boys.

DALLAS -6- over Memphis. Two teams heading in opposite directions. The Mavs are fighting for a playoff spot and have been on a bit of a roll. Take the hotter team at home.

DENVER -2- over San Antonio. The Spurs have beaten the Nuggets 10 straight times. The Nuggets have also been playing like crap. So why are they favored?! Because the Spurs 'left their heart in San Francisco'. Last night's loss to the Warriors pretty much put an end to any emotion you'll see out of Pop's boys for the remainder of the regular season. Fade 'em tonight.

As always, best of luck
    Harry
    Points Awarded:

Joe Sharp gave Harry N. Lloyd 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Harry N. Lloyd

As for the other wacky lines--Utah -13- against Clippers and Indiana -5 on the road against Toronto. Not at all normal. The Clippers are locked in to their playoff position so have very little to play for. One would think it might be a good opportunity to let Blake Griffin scrape off some rust, but strangely in today's NBA he has been shut down for this one. The Clips will look like a D-league team. Utah would be the only way to go.

As for Indiana, I'm scratching my head why the oddsmaker is giving them this much respect. Toronto is theoretically still eligible for #1 seed in east. The lean is with the home dog.

Dimakan
    Dimakan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Lines lines lines i wish i had more luck dealing with them
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Slipknot26

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

What's your favorite play tonight?
    Some of the lines have moved... Denver or Dallas maybe?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Sounds like he is strongest on Raps.

Line at my book has been 5.5 all day.

It's my play of the night

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Raps sitting 3 starters stay away

Harry N. Lloyd

Sixers made a run, but they still suck. Almost swept. I'll take it.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Great night!
    Good stuff Harry.