Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

British doctor claims he doped 150 UK sports stars

<header class="entry__header" data-beacon="{&quot;p&quot;:{&quot;mnid&quot; :&quot;headline&quot;}}"> Doping Allegations Reported By Sunday Times Trigger Urgent Investigation Into UK Watchdog

The Culture Secretary said he was ‘shocked and deeply concerned’.

</header> The Culture Secretary has called for an urgent investigation into the British anti-doping watchdog’s apparent failure to investigate fresh claims that have rocked the sporting world.
    John Whittingdale order the inquiry into UK Anti-Doping’s (UKAD) response to allegations a doctor had prescribed banned performance-enhancing drugs to a sportsman.
    The Culture, Media and Sport Secretary said he was “shocked and deeply concerned” by reports in The Sunday Times that the doctor, named as Dr Mark Bonar, had been secretly filmed allegedly discussing working with more than 100 professional athletes who used banned treatments.
    London-based Dr Bonar denied the allegations when they were put to him by the newspaper and said he had not breached rules laid out by the General Medical Council (GMC), the Press Association reports.
    According to The Sunday Times, UKAD, the publicly-funded watchdog, was given “evidence” of the activities two years ago but failed to take action.
    UKAD officials confirmed they received information from the sportsman, however the body said the doctor fell outside their jurisdiction and they did not believe there were grounds to refer the case to the GMC.

<figure class="content-list-component image"> Sunday Times <figcaption class="image__caption"> Today’s Sunday Times </figcaption> </figure> In a secretly filmed meeting with the athlete, Dr Bonar said: “Some of these treatments I use are banned on a professional circuit. So, you have to be mindful of that. Having said that, I have worked with lots of professional athletes who do use these treatments.”
    He added: “I don’t really advertise ... I don’t want that media scrutiny.”
    Mr Whittingdale said: “Sports fans are entitled to be sure that what they are watching is true and fair with all athletes competing on a level playing field.
    “Once gain, I am grateful to the excellent investigative journalism by The Sunday Times for bringing these apparent abuses to light.
    “I have asked for there to be an urgent independent investigation into what action was taken when these allegations were first received and what more needs to be done to ensure that British sport remains clean.
    “There is no room for complacency in the fight against doping and the Government is already looking at whether existing legislation in this area goes far enough. If it becomes clear that stronger criminal sanctions are needed then we will not hesitate to act.”

UKAD chief executive, Nicole Sapstead said the watchdog was “deeply concerned and shocked” by the allegations made in The Sunday Times.
    She acknowledged that UKAD had received allegations involving Dr Bonar in April and May 2014 during interviews with the sportsman, who has not been named.
    “Following those interviews and an investigation, UKAD found that there was nothing to indicate that Dr Bonar was governed by a sport and UKAD had no other intelligence to corroborate the sportsman’s allegations,” Ms Sapstead said.
    UKAD recommended the sportsman gather more information and pass it on to the GMC, the doctors’ regulator, “if appropriate”.
    In October 2014 the sportsman supplied UKAD with “handwritten prescriptions” that he said had been issued by Dr Bonar.
    The notes were given to an independent medical expert for analysis.
    “After assessing all the evidence, as per the National Intelligence Model, UKAD did not believe that there were grounds, at that point, to refer the case to the GMC,” Ms Sapstead said.
    UKAD chairman David Kenworthy said an independent review of the allegations against it would be conducted “as soon as possible”, to examine the information passed to them in 2014 and to discern if the proper procedures were followed.
    “UKAD is a publicly funded body and it is correct that it be held to account for any actions it takes. That accountability rests with the independent board,” he said.
    The watchdog said it would not comment any further on the issue.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

A few of them will pay him off RR

He'll come out in a week or so and say he made it all up

At least that's what would happen in America

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    A few of them will pay him off RR

He'll come out in a week or so and say he made it all up

At least that's what would happen in America
    He already said that on Twitter

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I think I doped once...the military doctors snuck a few needles they called "protection" measures to us in case chemicals were used....I had superhuman strength for about a year

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I think I doped once...the military doctors snuck a few needles they called "protection" measures to us in case chemicals were used....I had superhuman strength for about a year

Lucky you DS!

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

UK Sports Star you think Andy Murray manny thinks Vinnie Jones

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Business as usual.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

People need to stop being naive about athletes and performance enhancing drugs. You either take something like 99% of professional athletes or you get replaced by someone else who does.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Never did trust those fish and chip eating bastards.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    UK Sports Star you think Andy Murray manny thinks Vinnie Jones
    wouldn't be surprised about Murray at all, guy is an enormous loser

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Mo Farah is clean...even though the 6 dudes he runs with aren't

The Kraken