mncosoldier
    mncosoldier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

$14,800 on UNC over Nova!!! It's official

1st place in 5Dimes bracket contest with UNC over Nova!!! Hedge ? Let it ride?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, and Slipknot26

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Hedge for sure

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

try to middle it Nova the better team

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Hedge about 3k on nova ml

mncosoldier

Looks like it might be time to load the account up.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Fly your ass to Vegas man....Fukk loading up an account

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Lot of cash
    Nova +3 -120 for 5k
    Middle 20k , a UNC wins over 3+ you win 8k.
    If Nova wins , you still profit 5k
    Excellent job any way you choose

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    How reliable is 5***** on a payout? No time to go to Vegas.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

want a cookie bro?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by mncosoldier View Post
    How reliable is 5***** on a payout? No time to go to Vegas.
    Fly in Monday Morning or tomorrow night and leave Tuesday morning....I mean that's a huge amount of money for one day and a quick in and out

You can't take off for a couple days?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hedge it you ************

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    want a cookie bro?
    Trust me I'm eating lots of cookies!!!!!!

mncosoldier

Fly in Monday Morning or tomorrow night and leave Tuesday morning....I mean that's a huge amount of money for one day and a quick in and out

You can't take off for a couple days?
    Nope can't take off.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hedge it you ************
    Time to do research see what the best reload option for a couple grand.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

hopefully you get paid ok with the 5d stuff, GL hope you get it bro

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Sound advice. If you have 15k to lose. Go to Vegas. Look like a big shot. Get your Drinks and watch the game knowing you win no matter what abd the guy next to you who bet $23.20 is sweating it out.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by cankid View Post
    hopefully you get paid ok with the 5d stuff, GL hope you get it bro
    Thanks broski!!

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

carolina is so much bigger and stronger inside and a much deeper team than villanova . oklahoma shot 31% and 22% from three, but was much better on the glass, that first part of the second half they were on a roll but they just couldnt score . absolutely dismal , Oklahoma would have lost to many average d1 teams tonight plus villanova shot 71% and 62% from the three

carolina doesnt need to shoot the three as it proved it tonight but it can, carolina won by 17 tonight shooting all of 23% from the three and a very average shooting night. carolina is just a much stronger team .

The Heels are one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country, the deepest team in the country ,and one of the best low post teams in college basketball history

Who matches up with Brice Johnson, Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks on a team like villanova? Oklahoma just couldnt find a basket , Carolina will. one of the hottest teams in the country and they just destroyed the syracuse zone, villanova doesnt have the height
    Last edited by gregm; 04-02-16 at 11:54 PM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Yes sir.

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post

Go ahead and take N.C.

This is what will happen.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    carolina is so much bigger and stronger inside and a much deeper team than villanova . oklahoma shot 31% and 22% from three, but was much better on the glass, that first part of the second half they were on a roll but they just couldnt score . absolutely dismal , Oklahoma would have lost to many average d1 teams tonight plus villanova shot 71% and 62% from the three

carolina doesnt need to shoot the three as it proved it tonight but it can, carolina won by 17 tonight shooting all of 23% from the three and a very average shooting night. carolina is just a much stronger team .

The Heels are one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the country, the deepest team in the country ,and one of the best low post teams in college basketball history

Who matches up with Brice Johnson, Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks on a team like villanova? Oklahoma just couldnt find a basket , Carolina will. one of the hottest teams in the country and they just destroyed the syracuse zone, villanova doesnt have the height
    Let or ride?

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

It's all dependant on if you want a huge payday or potentially no payday, should UNC lose.
    Will they lose ? Not sure but the line us 2.5, so Vegas thinks it'll be close , Nova is just as hot as UNC is . You'll here UNC will win much more than not , with a couple of Nova will wins . Nova isn't the name recognition team like UNC.
    They have also learned to be choke artist, but this post season, they have played lights out .
    Nobody can deny that . It's a team sport , Nova has played great as a team .
    I would hate to wake up Tuesday after a Nova win knowing I could have at least won a couple grand by hedging but that's just me.
    You may have the BR that winning 14.8k or 0 wouldn't matter or hurt as bad .
    But again , each person is different. That's why gambling is still alive and probably forever will be .
    Gambling is about turning a profit , if you hedge , you could potentially win more , if not , wake up Tuesday , Nova wins , with nothing to show while you were guaranteed a profit by hedging. That's just my opinion
    Best of luck on whatever you do

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Villanova killed Oklahoma inside. Everything was a layup, dunk, open guard hitting a 4 foot floater. All night, no answer to it, end of story. When Oklahoma brought help, Villanova always kicked it out and swung it for the open three. Pretty much textbook.

Ask yourself, can Villanova win that way against UNC. I think the answer is no. You will see UNC bigs guard inside. No more lay ups, dunks. So Villanova is going to have to shoot lights out from 3. Except they will not be open threes, they will be contested.

On the other side of the court, UNC will have their usual dominance down low. If they can hit open shots, they will win going away. If they shoot like last night, probably still win without much drama.

I would let it ride. Usually with great bets, if you can hedge for a good profit, you shouldn't. Good luck though.

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Hedge something even if only $800. So you only get 14000 if unc wins big whoop. At least if nova wins you walk away with a good chunk of cash still.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I am fairly confident UNC will beat Villanova but if I was in this
    situation, you bet 3,800-4,800 on Nova ML.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post
    Villanova killed Oklahoma inside. Everything was a layup, dunk, open guard hitting a 4 foot floater. All night, no answer to it, end of story. When Oklahoma brought help, Villanova always kicked it out and swung it for the open three. Pretty much textbook.

Ask yourself, can Villanova win that way against UNC. I think the answer is no. You will see UNC bigs guard inside. No more lay ups, dunks. So Villanova is going to have to shoot lights out from 3. Except they will not be open threes, they will be contested.

On the other side of the court, UNC will have their usual dominance down low. If they can hit open shots, they will win going away. If they shoot like last night, probably still win without much drama.

I would let it ride. Usually with great bets, if you can hedge for a good profit, you shouldn't. Good luck though.
    This is exactly how I see the game going.

mncosoldier

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchitown View Post
    Hedge something even if only $800. So you only get 14000 if unc wins big whoop. At least if nova wins you walk away with a good chunk of cash still.
    Sound advice!!!!

mncosoldier

I'm debating on opening a new account at a different book with a couple grand to hedge. What's the best option gentleman. Should I take a bonus from the sign up or no?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

ride unc , go for it all

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

let that shit ride. UNC will win.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Don't be a clitoris. Let it ride

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Take Villanova and the points for any amount that you are comfortable with. You can then hope it is a close Carolina win and not dent the 15k too much. No need in betting a couple of grand when your team is already the favorite on a Nova ML

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I have a Carolina future pending, and I know I am taking Nova with points even though I think Carolina will win the game. Nova is playing better than ANYBODY in this tourney, I have watched each of their games, they are playing chess while others are playing checkers. I win no matter what.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 04-03-16 at 12:22 PM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

You ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, hedge big bets UNLESS the money means nothing to you and money should ALWAYS mean something to you.

Will UNC win? Maybe... maybe not. We have all seen games where the best team did not win. This is sports. Anything can happen. Why take the chance when you have a sure thing? Buster Douglas wasn't supposed to beat Mike Tyson as a 48-1 dog, USA hockey wasn't supposed to beat USSR. No way in hell would Phi Slamma Jamma lose to NC State. Si-Hun Park wasn't supposed to beat Roy Jones Jr in the 1988 Olympics, where Jones out punched him 4 to 1, totally dominated the match beat the Korean so bad he had to take 2 standing 8 counts. It was later found that the Koreans bribed all 3 officials and it was even proven that they paid them but the decision still stood. Bets had to be paid.

You want more reason to hedge? This same Villanova university beat Georgetown for the title in 1985 when Georgetown was a prohibitive favorite. Nova was like +18. It is considered the biggest upset in title history. And you want to take a chance on that?

If someone gave you a few thousand dollars would you turn it down? Then why the hell would you turn down a few thousand dollars here? Unless the money doesn't mean much to you because you're already independently wealthy. But, you better believe even Warren Buffett would hedge here.

Let me leave you with this image. This guy did not hedge...

Points Awarded:

kaliboyz gave Mac4Lyfe 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

1234 Last