unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Heels (-9.5) Will Smash The Orange

#10 seed going to get worked. They can't make enough baskets to stay with Carolina. Shit ND shot 55% and still lost by 14. I don't care how good the zone worked against everyone else. UNC still can control the paint and against the zone UNC guards are knocking down open looks. There won't be a comeback this time.

UNC -9.5

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Isn't it the Heels who bailed your ass out of the hole Virginia put you in today? So laugh it up

unde0087
    Did we win?

Good thing you doubled up on a real team right? You were chasing in the right neighborhood pal

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Isn't it the Heels who bailed your ass out of the hole Virginia put you in today? So laugh it up
    Lol you mad? Your UNC act is funny. Don't be so sensitive kid.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Lol you mad? Your UNC act is funny. Don't be so sensitive kid.
    Fuk you wizzle, you are spared a winning day because of the Heels then you want to fukin pop off? If you haven't figured it out yet I feel sorry for you. You want to take Cuse, pm me with your terms if not just shut the fuk up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wesley/Wizzle your down 99 units this year

t-wizzle

Fuk you wizzle, you are spared a winning day because of the Heels then you want to fukin pop off? If you haven't figured it out yet I feel sorry for you. You want to take Cuse, pm me with your terms if not just shut the fuk up.
    Lol so mad.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

This is a matchup I was hoping to avoid, unless it came in the final. My two favorite college basketball teams. I have to watch one lose, but I'm guaranteed one in the final. Very bittersweet.

POOLSIDE

As for this game, I'm praying the first half isn't a blowout either way. I want to see what will happen in a meaningful second half. These two teams in the second half of tournament games have been a joy to watch.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

Good thing you doubled up on a real team right? You were chasing in the right neighborhood pal
    it's a good thing for T to be thinking UNC won't cover vs Cuse or win the title in a match-up with Nova

it's T-Wizzle

UNC is on a mission, the way they responded to that ND 12-zip run to take a 52-51 lead and Johnson doing something stupid, giving them 2 free pts with a tech while having to go to the bench; that showed me they really want it bad

Paige didn't do something stupid and jack up a dumb 3 down 52-51, he drove hard to the rim and was fouled and made the FT and the Heels got a nice steal and just took off again from there never looking back

IamsoBurnt
    IamsoBurnt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    As for this game, I'm praying the first half isn't a blowout either way. I want to see what will happen in a meaningful second half. These two teams in the second half of tournament games have been a joy to watch.
    i agree...who are you leaning towards tho...im leaning towards unc ML as well -9.5 mixed up in some parlays...i feel like i should book it now before it goes up...

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by IamsoBurnt View Post
    i agree...who are you leaning towards tho...im leaning towards unc ML as well -9.5 mixed up in some parlays...i feel like i should book it now before it goes up...
    I already put something on Syracuse +9.5 and on the ml. I could be wrong, but I don't see this going up. I think it'll drop to 9 and maybe even 8.5.

IamsoBurnt
    IamsoBurnt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

I already put something on Syracuse +9.5 and on the ml. I could be wrong, but I don't see this going up. I think it'll drop to 9 and maybe even 8.5.
    so sick... best of luck...who are your leans for today tho

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by IamsoBurnt View Post
    so sick... best of luck...who are your leans for today tho
    I liked Valpo at pk, but now the line seems a little high.

unde0087
    Did we win?

No disreprect Pool but Cuse won't have enough offense to beat Heels. They didn't have enough in either matchups in the regular season and that was before UNC took its game to another level. I was happy to see Virginia fall because they would have been the much tougher game. The aspect UNC didn't have in the first 2 games against Cuse was the attention to detail on defense and the ability to knock down 3s. Both are not a problem anymore. If Cuse struggle to score like they did against Virginia, they will be buried. Unfortunately the Cuse no longer have the luxury of playing teams that go on massive scoring droughts as UNC has 8 viable scorers all ready to attack.

I also think this line will head toward double digits. Why wouldn't it? That is the only reason I jumped it the second it came out. If you want to bet the Cuse I would wait because you are going to find better than 9.5 later. But tthat's my take on this. In the end it's a "if it's not broken don't fix it" mentality to the game. UNC has owned everyone they have played against and each round someone is trying to come up with reasons to go against the Heels and they end up with 2 bloody stumps at the ticket window. In the end UNC is living up to the hype they got to start the season. UNC hasn't lost a game this season at neutral sites and it isn't going to start with the Cuse.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

UNC hasn't lost a game this season at neutral sites and it isn't going to start with the Cuse.
    winning and winning by 10 are 2 different things but i like your reasoning

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Cuse will close less than 9.5. Whether they cover or not is irrelevant but unde you got a bad number.

drbellhead
    drbellhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3274

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    winning and winning by 10 are 2 different things but i like your reasoning
    Just remember that UNC is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games fav by 11.5 or less........

I'm with you Unde.........UNC

babear83
    babear83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Don't forget oh about 6 or 7 years ago I know they were different teams but there was the 6 ot game between the orange and heels. Some serious history here. If it's heels -10 or more I may just take the orange.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10436

Quote Originally Posted by babear83 View Post
    Don't forget oh about 6 or 7 years ago I know they were different teams but there was the 6 ot game between the orange and heels. Some serious history here. If it's heels -10 or more I may just take the orange.
    I think you are thinking of cuse/uconn?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by babear83 View Post
    That was against UConn in the Big East tournament. It's irrelevant anyway, what happened 7 years ago has no bearing today.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Pretty sure one month ago at Chapel Hill the Cuse played the Heels very tight... Was a one or two possession game at halftime, 1-point game with 2 mins left and a 1-possession game up until the last 6 seconds of the game where UNC iced it and won by 5.

Since then, Melachi Richardson is playing out of his mind and the Cuse zone is shutting teams down. Marcus Paige seemingly got his shot back and is now a 3-point threat.

Lots of factors goin on here, and anyone thinking UNC covers easily is a UNC fanboy.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Pretty sure one month ago at Chapel Hill the Cuse played the Heels very tight... Was a one or two possession game at halftime, 1-point game with 2 mins left and a 1-possession game up until the last 6 seconds of the game where UNC iced it and won by 5.

Since then, Melachi Richardson is playing out of his mind and the Cuse zone is shutting teams down. Marcus Paige seemingly got his shot back and is now a 3-point threat.

Lots of factors goin on here, and anyone thinking UNC covers easily is a UNC fanboy.
    Yep.

POOLSIDE

No disreprect Pool but Cuse won't have enough offense to beat Heels. They didn't have enough in either matchups in the regular season and that was before UNC took its game to another level. I was happy to see Virginia fall because they would have been the much tougher game. The aspect UNC didn't have in the first 2 games against Cuse was the attention to detail on defense and the ability to knock down 3s. Both are not a problem anymore. If Cuse struggle to score like they did against Virginia, they will be buried. Unfortunately the Cuse no longer have the luxury of playing teams that go on massive scoring droughts as UNC has 8 viable scorers all ready to attack.

I also think this line will head toward double digits. Why wouldn't it? That is the only reason I jumped it the second it came out. If you want to bet the Cuse I would wait because you are going to find better than 9.5 later. But tthat's my take on this. In the end it's a "if it's not broken don't fix it" mentality to the game. UNC has owned everyone they have played against and each round someone is trying to come up with reasons to go against the Heels and they end up with 2 bloody stumps at the ticket window. In the end UNC is living up to the hype they got to start the season. UNC hasn't lost a game this season at neutral sites and it isn't going to start with the Cuse.
    Not feeling disrespected at all. Here's my take. Syracuse. North Carolina. This game has the potential to be one of the all time great Final Four games. All time great basketball games aren't won by ten or more points.

POOLSIDE

Game is already down to -9

Paidbythepound
    Paidbythepound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hedge question. Got the Cuse at 100-1 back in Feb. Potentially a $3K win if they take it all.
    How should I hedge this? UNC money line is -550 some places. Any
    creative suggestions would be appreciated.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Dom, the team that played Cuse then was about 60% of what they are now. I don't know how many more beatdown UNC has to put on people to get you guys to realize, oh well I guess.

P.S. every game this tournament I have 10 people tell me, oh UNC won't cover this game or Provo, Indiana, or ND is playing so well they are going to knock off the Heels Then another beatdown ensues.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by drbellhead View Post
    Just remember that UNC is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games fav by 11.5 or less........

I'm with you Unde.........UNC
    sooooooo they are due to not cover then haha.. my friend says this shit all the time and i cant stand it, so that was obviously a joke.. I find it hard to believe that UNC will cover 9 or 9.5... In a game that has this much riding on it too. Winner goes to finals.. Cant imagine Cuse is just going to lay down and get beat down whether UNC has better players or not. Cuse zone also slows games down and UNC doesnt play great D.. Cuse looks like a really good play here honestly. I think the biggest factor is the fact that this is an enormous game (obviously) and there is never any pressure on the underdog, especially a 9 pt dog. The favs in these types of games seem to play "not to lose" once they get a lead (see Virginia game) and let the dog back in. This game could go alot like the Virginia game where UNC may get a nice lead by half and then Cuse chips away as UNC starts to get nervous and all their players get tight. Also, dont forget these players are human, and once that nervousness starts settling in, it seems as if everyone is afraid to be the one to shoot the damn ball (see Perrantes. I dont think he shot the ball once late in the 2h, last 10 min or so). This is alot of points in a game this big, and I know UNC has tons of scorers, but who on UNC is going to cover Richardson and Gbinije? Also UNC gave a ton of wide open 3s to ND, and i dont see that changing in this game either.. Cooney will be knocking down some shots to take the pressure off Richardson.. I will prob be on Cuse +9 and a little on ML, why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paidbythepound View Post
    Hedge question. Got the Cuse at 100-1 back in Feb. Potentially a $3K win if they take it all.
    How should I hedge this? UNC money line is -550 some places. Any
    creative suggestions would be appreciated.
    Theres really nothing you can do..
    Last edited by iloseagain; 03-28-16 at 12:31 PM.

iloseagain

Dom, the team that played Cuse then was about 60% of what they are now. I don't know how many more beatdown UNC has to put on people to get you guys to realize, oh well I guess.

P.S. every game this tournament I have 10 people tell me, oh UNC won't cover this game or Provo, Indiana, or ND is playing so well they are going to knock off the Heels Then another beatdown ensues.
    I was on UNC against Provo and ND, not against Indiana though.. Who was saying Provo or ND was going to cover against UNC? I didnt see hardly anyone on either of those teams when they played haha

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    That was against UConn in the Big East tournament. It's irrelevant anyway, what happened 7 years ago has no bearing today.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I was on UNC against Provo and ND, not against Indiana though.. Who was saying Provo or ND was going to cover against UNC? I didnt see hardly anyone on either of those teams when they played haha
    Go to my threads in those games see for yourself.

iloseagain

Go to my threads in those games see for yourself.
    well i believe you then, but its also in peoples nature to naturally argue against whatever side the thread is posted about, so i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case too lol

unde0087
    Did we win?

well i believe you then, but its also in peoples nature to naturally argue against whatever side the thread is posted about, so i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case too lol
    That's why I post

drbellhead
    drbellhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3274

I look at it this way....I am a UNC fan so I will be taking them no matter what is said in any form or what the line is, unless it get up over 12 to 15 pts then i may rethink betting the game....there are going to be haters and their are going to be supporters, so at this time of year any team can win or lose on any given night, and it is down to a 2 game season, so every bet has the same chances to win, so take the team you like and send it in and if you win great if not so be it..........but at this time at this time of the season I do not think the UNC supporters or the cuse supporters will be changing their minds cause of what is written in a thread.....I may be wrong....anyway good luck to everyone. especially the UNC fans...............

1234 Last