View Poll Results: Will Rick Carlisle Be Fired If Mavs Miss The Playoffs?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes – Mark Cuban Doesn’t Take Any Sh#$

4 13.79%
  • No – Mavs Had A Ton Of Injuries. It’s Not Rick’s Fault.

25 86.21%
    Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I give them credit for always taken the best availables and going to battle. Cant see em doing anything different until Dirk retires after 2(?) more seasons.

I hate to say if but if Deandre didnt pull out this team could have been 3rd in the west. Undo the Parson injury and you have a threat to GSW because its a terrible matchup for them...wouldnt be a sweep anyhow.
    You think they'd be a 55-win team with Deandre and a healthy Parsons playing at his January/February level?

I think that's a stretch. His reasoning for his original decision was wanting to be "the guy". He isn't really an offensive player. Doesn't have any reliable post moves, and if somehow he gets it going on any given night you just foul him on every play. He adds a bit of athleticism and shot blocking, sure. Probably bumps you up from 42 to 46 or 47 wins. 55 is a lot of wins though. In most cases that means you're contending for a championship. I don't think Dallas was anywhere near contending even if he came unfortunately.

I'm not that happy about Parsons wanting to potentially recruit Dwight (that is, if he stays). This fukking idiot Dwight Howard still thinks he can be a focal point of an offense in 2016. He's such a damn joke. He'll never get it. It would be better to get him than to get nothing though, because let's face it, there isn't much about playing for this current Mavs team other than Rick Carlisle that would make any star think "this is the team for me".

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    You think they'd be a 55-win team with Deandre and a healthy Parsons playing at his January/February level?

I think that's a stretch. His reasoning for his original decision was wanting to be "the guy". He isn't really an offensive player. Doesn't have any reliable post moves, and if somehow he gets it going on any given night you just foul him on every play. He adds a bit of athleticism and shot blocking, sure. Probably bumps you up from 42 to 46 or 47 wins. 55 is a lot of wins though. In most cases that means you're contending for a championship. I don't think Dallas was anywhere near contending even if he came unfortunately.
    Well, I do think a player changes the team dynamic. In this case it changes two teams, theirs, and the team that would not be in the top 4, the Clippers. So yea maybe you can essentially swap Mavs and Clippers in standings right now and the Mavs are fighting for the third spot?

Looks like the guy is getting 14 & 14 since the all star break. Clips front line is hurting without him, especially with not having Blake. Clips dodged a bullet getting him back IMO

franklissa
    franklissa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Come to knicks baby

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Guy should be fired. Come on... OKC isn't that good.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13209

its a players league

erocking
    erocking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

anybody else tempted with with betting on Dallas getting +1 on the 2nd half, especially with 26% FG , thats very low

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dallas has no shot in the series

Seto

Another embarrassing thread by our resident dumbfukk

Won a playoff game on the road against OKC with Raymond Felton, Deron Williams on one leg, a 78 year old Dirk and 2 rookies

It's a crime this guy isn't coach of the year or at least top 3 every year. Seriously.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Carlisle is 2nd best coach active in nba

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

It's a miracle Dallas is in and that they even won a game.

Cuban loves Carlisle. He brought them a championship......

What am I missing here?

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
    Carlisle is 2nd best coach active in nba
    Please tell me you mean 2nd to Pop and not 2Nd to Lue/LeBron/whoever is coaching that team.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Please tell me you mean 2nd to Pop and not 2Nd to Lue/LeBron/whoever is coaching that team.
    Haha exactly what I was thinking

Albert Poo Holes
    Albert Poo Holes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 841

Whenever i want a good laugh i just take a good look at this post. Carlisle second best in NBA behind Pop without a doubt

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

Lmao moneyshot got money shotted by carlisle.

TheMoneyShot

I think it's time to go. What am I watching on ESPN? Bunch of clowns on the court.

He should be fired by tomorrow morning.

What in the fuk is Cuban doing?

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8902

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think it's time to go. What am I watching on ESPN? Bunch of clowns on the court.

He should be fired by tomorrow morning.

What in the fuk is Cuban doing?
    Do you see the roster he is working with? Yes Smith is a big time talent, but apart from that it's filled with bums. Dirk's legs are gone. He would be a bench player. If they had secured DeAndre Jordan, their team would be a playoff team.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    Do you see the roster he is working with? Yes Smith is a big time talent, but apart from that it's filled with bums. Dirk's legs are gone. He would be a bench player. If they had secured DeAndre Jordan, their team would be a playoff team.
    Cuban made the Roster what it is though.... coach is always to blame.

Carlisle doesn't have that SPARK anymore. Players hear the same sh#$ over and over and over again.

Mavs go 5-15... it's still not Carlisle's fault??? Then who's fault is it???

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Cuban made the Roster what it is though.... coach is always to blame.

Carlisle doesn't have that SPARK anymore. Players hear the same sh#$ over and over and over again.

Mavs go 5-15... it's still not Carlisle's fault??? Then who's fault is it???
    There is never and will never be. 32 qualified candidates to be a head coach in the NBA.
    All the Xs and Os or system is meaningless UNLESS the players want to play hard for you.
    Players have all the leverage w/guaranteed contracts. coaches are part shrink and part babysitter in the league nowadays.

Rick is still top 10 and I believe in the middle of the park re. comp. Absolutely best option available.

TheMoneyShot

Rick is coaching just like he did with Detroit. Same thing... over and over and over again... players aren't responding. They don't understand him. Players tuning out... he'll be fired shortly.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

He ain't getting fired. On top of that they might win tonight

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

that last play was so obvious fix

First 12