No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Supposedly going to be the crazies NCAA Tournament ever

Yet all of the blue bloods are rolling their way through the conference tournaments and covering almost every game with ease.

Big 12: Kansas
    ACC: North Carolina
    SEC: Kentucky
    Big Ten: Michigan State
    Pac-12: Oregon

With the exception of Villanova's loss (no surprise there; they never win anything), conference tourneys have been chalk city so far.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

U must have missed all of yesterday & day befores games with dogs and bad beats

Also msu didn't cover

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    U must have missed all of yesterday & day befores games with dogs and bad beats

Also msu didn't cover
    I didn't say every elite team has covered, but the vast majority of the country's best are cruising to their conference championships.

Will be interesting to see if the NCAA Tournament follows suit. It's supposed to be crazy chaotic this year because there isn't really an "elite" team, yet there wasn't much out of the ordinary that happened this week as a prelude.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yet all of the blue bloods are rolling their way through the conference tournaments and covering almost every game with ease.

Big 12: Kansas
    ACC: North Carolina
    SEC: Kentucky
    Big Ten: Michigan State
    Pac-12: Oregon

With the exception of Villanova's loss (no surprise there; they never win anything), conference tourneys have been chalk city so far.
    Are you serious, 15 #1 seeds have lost in their conference tourneys. It's just not happening in the big conferences.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Are you serious, 15 #1 seeds have lost in their conference tourneys. It's just not happening in the big conferences.
    Who gives a shit about the small-conference No. 1s going down?

Those aren't the teams that are going to fill the 1-2-3 seeds in the Big Dance and contend for the national championship.
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CrimsonTideFan

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

And FTR, paco, favorites were 30-12 ATS yesterday. Looks like 16-7 today. That's 46-19, or over 70%, since yesterday morning. Dogs are getting euthanized.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Watch out for buffalo in tourney could made a deep run. They're a hot team and are pretty deep.

t-wizzle

I didn't say every elite team has covered, but the vast majority of the country's best are cruising to their conference championships.

Will be interesting to see if the NCAA Tournament follows suit. It's supposed to be crazy chaotic this year because there isn't really an "elite" team, yet there wasn't much out of the ordinary that happened this week as a prelude.
    No it's not. People just think it's wide open. What are you talking about?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All the big favorites are winning.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

has there ever been so little talent in the college ranks?

i never thought it would get this bad its truly laughable

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    No it's not. People just think it's wide open. What are you talking about?
    Exactly. The perception is this tournament will be as unpredictable as ever. Heard the same things for these conference tournaments. Yet once again, the cream rose to the top and the blue bloods are dominating.

t-wizzle

Exactly. The perception is this tournament will be as unpredictable as ever. Heard the same things for these conference tournaments. Yet once again, the cream rose to the top and the blue bloods are dominating.
    It's wide open because any of the top 10-15 teams are capable of making a run. What's that have to do with those teams being big names? You're arguing two different things here.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

No coincidences , If you can name the final 4 right now (correctly), I'll give you 5 bucks via paypal on April 5th

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

And FTR, paco, favorites were 30-12 ATS yesterday. Looks like 16-7 today. That's 46-19, or over 70%, since yesterday morning. Dogs are getting euthanized.
    Hopefully we get some inflated favorites in the 1st round. Dogs and unders 1st round for me

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Not sure one can extrapolate Conf tourney results for a handful of teams and make a general statement about NCAA tourney. What even qualifies as a 'craziest tourney?' 1 or 0 #1 seeds in Final Four?

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Such a crazy concept that MSU and Kansas are dominating. Never saw this coming!

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

March madness will be glorious.

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    Such a crazy concept that MSU and Kansas are dominating. Never saw this coming!
    Im a maryland fan and I just dont get the MSU hype. MD was crazy overrated, and i think the big 10 is overrated. I think if MSU plays a high power offense they will struggle. Kansas is gonna be tough to stop

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Im a maryland fan and I just dont get the MSU hype. MD was crazy overrated, and i think the big 10 is overrated. I think if MSU plays a high power offense they will struggle. Kansas is gonna be tough to stop
    I agree mostly except b10 rating. These conference games have been a whirlwind because we have a lot of good teams. Even michigan who got spanked by purdue is not a bad team. I think in another conference theyd be in top 3. I think pac 12 and big ten are under valued conferences this year.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

WKU. UMass. Seton Hall.

Derrick Gordon will be the first player to ever play in the NCAA tourney for three schools.

chosen4th

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchitown View Post
    I agree mostly except b10 rating. These conference games have been a whirlwind because we have a lot of good teams. Even michigan who got spanked by purdue is not a bad team. I think in another conference theyd be in top 3. I think pac 12 and big ten are under valued conferences this year.
    What do you think of Maryland? Just out of curiosity

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

watch all the top seeds advance in a season that has lots of parity

Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

UMD is as talented as any team in the tourney they just are extremely inconsistent and turn the ball over way too much. Could see them upset in 1st round or making a run, who knows.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Who gives a shit about the small-conference No. 1s going down?

Those aren't the teams that are going to fill the 1-2-3 seeds in the Big Dance and contend for the national championship.
    I give a shit because small conference games win just as much money when wagered on as big conferences

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    What do you think of Maryland? Just out of curiosity
    Overrated but can up their game when needed. Examples: yesterday i did $480 on msu money line because i thought maryland can bounce back at end of games that look to be a win for the other team. Purdue vs maryland at maryland purdue was up a lot and Maryland bounced back again with intensity and won. Purdue vs maryland at purdue. Purdue had a good lead maryland at the end had great full court pressure and made it a interesting game that purdue could of lost. Maryland is not a bad team but their rankings have been off all year. I think maybe its the coaching because a good coach should have his team ready for the whole 40 minutes not the last 10 minutes.

chosen4th

Quote Originally Posted by Terps1993 View Post
    UMD is as talented as any team in the tourney they just are extremely inconsistent and turn the ball over way too much. Could see them upset in 1st round or making a run, who knows.
    Melo Trimble is THE PROBLEM. Your BEST SHOOTER cant go 2/15 from the floor in a big game like that.

chosen4th

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchitown View Post
    Overrated but can up their game when needed. Examples: yesterday i did $480 on msu money line because i thought maryland can bounce back at end of games that look to be a win for the other team. Purdue vs maryland at maryland purdue was up a lot and Maryland bounced back again with intensity and won. Purdue vs maryland at purdue. Purdue had a good lead maryland at the end had great full court pressure and made it a interesting game that purdue could of lost. Maryland is not a bad team but their rankings have been off all year. I think maybe its the coaching because a good coach should have his team ready for the whole 40 minutes not the last 10 minutes.
    I think your 100% right on the coaching issue.. Hes a great recruiter but the team doesnt put out 100% til the end just like you sad

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Wake me up when the tourney starts. As soon as it ends I don't want to hear about ncaab until next year's tourney starts.

StatePenn
    StatePenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

All about matchups, really loving Kansas getting it done this year depending on who is in their bracket. Dark horses: Nova, Seton Hall, UConn. Also like Michigan State and Oregon.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by StatePenn View Post
    All about matchups, really loving Kansas getting it done this year depending on who is in their bracket. Dark horses: Nova, Seton Hall, UConn. Also like Michigan State and Oregon.
    That's funny you are considering Nova a dark horse..Will be a #2 seed..Merely a dark horse cuz they never win anything i guess..

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

I forsee a few #13 and #14 seeds making a run.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

I want to see Michigan state vs Kansas

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Since when is Oregon a blue blood in college basketball?

Also, all of these lower seeded teams in the lower conferences should make it easier for the better teams. They aren't even getting the best reps from the bad conferences (emphasis on SHOULD)

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Kansas goes down no later than Sweet 16. UNC will win it all. Michigan State will make it to another Final 4/Elite 8.

12 Last