Ben Jee
    Ben Jee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

[Dota 2 - Click-Storm League] [Match] NoLifer5 vs Enso PINNACLE CANCELLATION

Hi there SBR, made an account here on SBR because I do not know what else to do in my sitiuation as pinnacle is an overseas Bookmaker in my country (Australia) and I believe to not answer to Australian regulations (?).

I've been high volume bettor on pinnacle for nearly a year now and only recently dived into E-sports as I have found a profitable model.

However last night, one of my bets was refunded 24hours after the completion of the match due to [E Sports] [Dota 2 - Click-Storm League] [Match] NoLifer5 vs Enso. Your bet with ticket-ID: 568462463, 568462481 has been refunded. All bets taken have been refunded due to the following reason: [Abnormal and suspicious betting activity has been detected for this event. All wagers from all customers have been cancelled. This action is taken very rarely and is for the protection of all our customers.] . Thank you!.

This bet I placed was purely based off overlay on my model, but it was in fact a very large overlay. The reason for this I believe is because pinnacle was not aware that this final match in the tournament was best out of 5games and not 3games, and provided market opening odds and lines that was not correctly set. Perhaps many other punters realised this, perhaps not. Having looked around the internet to see whether there was suspicious activity (fixed match etc.) during the match and just as I suspected there was no sign of it so I cannot see how this betting activity can be "suspicious" or "abnormal".

I have browsed through your forum and was happy to see that you could act as a mediator in these situations.

All in all I have always thought pinnacle was a trustworth bookie and have not encountered any issue in the past, but this is pretty disgusting on their part. If activity was suspiscious sure cancel bets before the start of the game? And even if the market was set incorrectly, i am still at risk of losing my bet EVEN THOUGH it was a big overlay, it doesnt mean it was impossible to lose.

Thanks everyone for reading, im sure i could not have been the only one to have bet on this game.
    Ben
    Last edited by Ben Jee; 03-19-16 at 05:42 AM.

Ben Jee

ALSO FYI,
    This match in question was for 1st place of the Click Storm league tournament , it wasn't one of the opening rounds or qualifiers, so to claim that this match was suspicisous is absolutely outrageous.

http://click-storm.com/en/tournament/1740/bracket/

no lifer wins 3-1, my h2h bet and -1.5 should have been paid out

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Fill out a ticket and edit your first post and remove your account number please

Ben Jee

Thanks done and done!
    Just trying to find out if anyone else is fuming over this like I am.

Ben Jee

(edited)
    Last edited by Ben Jee; 03-19-16 at 05:52 PM.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Abnormal and suspicious betting activity has been detected for this event

this can mean someone else who bet on this event, not just you i think

like a fix in tennis, im pretty sure they would use the same phrase

good luck tho