t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Tulsa is going to beat Michigan, aren't they?

Tulsa was probably the most questionable team to get in the tournament - more so than even Syracuse probably. Everyone was up in arms when their name got called on Selection Sunday.

Michigan would seem to be carrying some serious momentum after winning in overtime on Thursday, and then knocking off Indiana on Friday to seal their spot.

There were times this year when Tulsa looked legit. They've got some quality wins on their resume. They run a 3 guard offense and can penetrate off the dribble and get to the basket and collapse the defense.

At first glance I thought Michigan easy but that's what everyone thinks here. Could Tulsa use all the talk as extra motivation to play with a bit of a chip on their shoulder? Let's not forget, Michigan has been short-handed all year and has had plenty of games where they looked seriously overmatched. They are a team who has to play really well just to win. They aren't good enough to get by with their C game so to speak.

Tulsa +160 could have some good value here.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

I like it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

All I know is Stephen austin is going to get blown out.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

Everyone is always up in arms about several teams, look at Vandy, they were one of the more questionable teams like Tulsa and tanked. What's the difference between Vandy and Tulsa then?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Everyone is always up in arms about several teams, look at Vandy, they were one of the more questionable teams like Tulsa and tanked. What's the difference between Vandy and Tulsa then?
    Nothing. Like the Shockers, Big Blue rolls!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

I kind of like Tulsa too. Michigan just isn't that good.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Mashigan getting points...

Probably the right play here.

Tulsa not that good either.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Vandy was a lot more securely in then Tulsa. Tulsa was literally last team selected. Last year it was Dayton. Year before that it was Tennessee. The last team in has seemed to come in more focused or whatever it is. I understand your argument with vandy but the opponents are a huge difference too. Wichita was literally number 1 adjusted defensive team in NCAA with 2 senior guards that have a ton of experience. Michigan is not the same opponent. With all that being said it scares me to be on the same side as twizzle because his struggles are legendary at this point even if sometimes his logic is not bad

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Vandy was a lot more securely in then Tulsa. Tulsa was literally last team selected. Last year it was Dayton. Year before that it was Tennessee. The last team in has seemed to come in more focused or whatever it is. I understand your argument with vandy but the opponents are a huge difference too. Wichita was literally number 1 adjusted defensive team in NCAA with 2 senior guards that have a ton of experience. Michigan is not the same opponent. With all that being said it scares me to be on the same side as twizzle because his struggles are legendary at this point even if sometimes his logic is not bad
    How? Vandy basically had two good wins. They lost lmaoTN in first round of the conference tourney? Every time this dipshit creates one of these threads outside of his tracking threads which isn't tracked accurately it's a dumpster fire. Tread lightly here

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 672

I hear what you are saying but Michigan matches up better with Tulsa than Wichita matched up with Vandy. Everyone wants to give Wichita all this credit from previous years but they aren't that team they were before. As I stated in another wizzle thread it was one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen from a frontline in quite sometime. Sure Wichita has the 2 veteran guards but Vandy should have absolutely destroyed Wichita in the painted area. The first team Wichita faces with great big men they will get bounced. As for Michigan game, who knows.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

I like Tulsa

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yep they are. Glad you saw that as well.

t-wizzle

Why do you always need to be a douche? I'm not even "struggling." In fact I crushed NCAA last week.

I have no problem having a back a forth with you. We did this last year when I took Clippers and you said there was no way they could beat the Spurs. We know how that turned out.

Just don't be a douche. Stay on topic and don't make things personal.

goduke

I hear what you are saying but Michigan matches up better with Tulsa than Wichita matched up with Vandy. Everyone wants to give Wichita all this credit from previous years but they aren't that team they were before. As I stated in another wizzle thread it was one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen from a frontline in quite sometime. Sure Wichita has the 2 veteran guards but Vandy should have absolutely destroyed Wichita in the painted area. The first team Wichita faces with great big men they will get bounced. As for Michigan game, who knows.
    Big men don't win tourney games anymore. Defensively Wichita is ranked as one of the best. That's not a fluke. And if Wichita goes and beats Arizona then we can put this argument to rest right because they have tarzuski or however you spell that.
    I just think Wichita doesn't get as much credit as they should.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Why do you always need to be a douche? I'm not even "struggling." In fact I crushed NCAA last week.

I have no problem having a back a forth with you. We did this last year when I took Clippers and you said there was no way they could beat the Spurs. We know how that turned out.

Just don't be a douche. Stay on topic and don't make things personal.
    I was one round early on the clips playoff meltdown which was what my main point was. Chris Paul hit a miracle shot. They should of ran that momentum farther. I wasn't trying to be douchey but your special threads struggle lately I think that's been proven. That being said I made a 7500 bet on Tulsa ml and I didn't buy out of it after I saw this thread so that should count for something lol.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most of these games are not even upsets

Almost every game would not be a shocker except maybe 7

t-wizzle

I was one round early on the clips playoff meltdown which was what my main point was. Chris Paul hit a miracle shot. They should of ran that momentum farther. I wasn't trying to be douchey but your special threads struggle lately I think that's been proven. That being said I made a 7500 bet on Tulsa ml and I didn't buy out of it after I saw this thread so that should count for something lol.
    Buy out of a bet and eat $750 in juice because some stranger made a thread saying he leans Tulsa? That would be downright moronic.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Yup

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

When does March Madness begin?

goduke

Buy out of a bet and eat $750 in juice because some stranger made a thread saying he leans Tulsa? That would be downright moronic.
    Lol well that could of been another reason. I was trying to come up with another way not to apologize haha. My bad

t-wizzle

Lol well that could of been another reason. I was trying to come up with another way not to apologize haha. My bad
    It's all good.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Tulsa ML here

Ballerholic

are you a professional poker player? betting $750 a game you must be

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Michigan is small in the paint. And deadly from 3 but that's about it. How is Tulsa in the paint?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    are you a professional poker player? betting $750 a game you must be
    He said he had Tulsa for 7500.

t-wizzle

The line just crashed.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

The line just crashed.
    Yeah wtf???

Could get +5 at Bovada and -2.5 at Bet 365 right now...

Ballerholic

He said he had Tulsa for 7500.

Yea that's what I meant. He must be a sports betting pro if he is betting $7500 a game

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Liking Michigan now at -2.5

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Tulsa is getting POUNDED.

Line down to -2.5 now.

Was -4.5 3 hours ago 6am in vegas

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    When does March Madness begin?
    March.

BoL

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Seeing people talk about how good Wichita State is and how Tulsa will get blown out it seriously funny considering Tulsa beat Wichita State this year.

Even though they split the games, Tulsa should have swept Uconn and Temple this year. They let two of those games get away on the road.

I was surprised they got in because of how they finished but they are a dangerous team if they're on.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Seeing people talk about how good Wichita State is and how Tulsa will get blown out it seriously funny considering Tulsa beat Wichita State this year.

Even though they split the games, Tulsa should have swept Uconn and Temple this year. They let two of those games get away on the road.

I was surprised they got in because of how they finished but they are a dangerous team if they're on.

Know what you're saying I think...but nearly every team is dangerous in the tourney if they're on...even Michigan...they just ran out of steam in the B10 tourney. Beilen's teams are always decent in the ncaa tourney.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Tulsa could come out and shit the bed but I've seen nothing from Michigan that leads me to believe they're an easy play here.

Tulsa's starting five is probably more talented.

123 Last