rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

75% of Repub candidates want to cut Social Security

Last Repub debate, we heard 3 of 4 candidates wanting to raise the retirement age, privatize and cut benefits.

Those of age know in 2008 our 401ks took major hits unlike SS which stayed solvent.

If those candidates privatize SS it could look like your 401k of '08. If you live long enough to
    retire and your privatized SS takes a dump at any time during your retirement, you will receive less
    come retirement.

IDK how many in congress feel the same way, but I would say 75% of congressional Repubs probably
    think the same thing. Is that looking out for your best interests down the road?

You young guys want to work until you're 70? You do? Vote Repub.

The one who doesn't want to touch SS is Trump, but he didn't say that in the past. He called SS a ponzi
    scheme.

Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-..._9447206.html?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are onto something

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

How about finding a good job, save money, and then retire around 60?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Sounds easy. Pretty hard to save when wages don't go up with prices.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DABOOK

rkelly110

Employers match employees SS. The US is becoming a corporate state. Are companies behind the anti SS talk?
    Repubs are owned by corporations. It's naturally assumed Repub candidates would push for SS reform.

Jobs are scarce because old people can't live off SS now as it is and are still working. Of those that are not of
    retirement age, how many have one or more part time jobs? Kids wonder why there's no jobs available after
    college?

The real question here is, you guys want to work until your 70 BEFORE getting benefits?

Right now for me, early retirement is 62, but they snuck in an extra year on me (66) to receive Medicare.

Speaking of Medicare, thanks Bush. Now retirees are only covered for 80%. They either have to buy supplemental
    insurance to cover that 20% or take their chances.

What's to stop congress from jacking up early retirement, cut your SS benefits or cut Medicare even further?

20 30 years from now, when it gets close for you to retire and you are 65 and say man, I got
    5 more years to go before I can retire. How will you guys feel who voted for the candidate that raised
    the age, how would you like yourself then?
    Last edited by rkelly110; 03-13-16 at 12:04 PM.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Last Repub debate, we heard 3 of 4 candidates wanting to raise the retirement age, privatize and cut benefits.

Those of age know in 2008 our 401ks took major hits unlike SS which stayed solvent.

If those candidates privatize SS it could look like your 401k of '08. If you live long enough to
    retire and your privatized SS takes a dump at any time during your retirement, you will receive less
    come retirement.

IDK how many in congress feel the same way, but I would say 75% of congressional Repubs probably
    think the same thing. Is that looking out for your best interests down the road?

The one who doesn't want to touch SS is Trump, but he didn't say that in the past. He called SS a ponzi
    scheme.

rkelly making sure everyone knows he doesn't use math in anyway to come up with his "my truths."

Retirement age has to and should go up.

SS is a ponzi scheme which is exactly why they want more people paying into it. Just like any other ponzi scheme.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I've already retired once...I'm working on my second one right now

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

i'm not going to get into this debate because i HATE politics. i just know that i've always done the best to save money over the years knowing that i don't want to work all my life. i would say i'm one of the lucky ones...but i did put a lot of work/time into my career. i also know how to budget and live within my means.

also, people always seem to dog on texas, but wages/jobs have been solid since i've worked here (17 yrs). yes, it has it's shortcomings, but it can provide a comfortable life. i would have loved to stayed in San Diego after my military commitment was up, but i knew it would be difficult to live the lifestyle i wanted. came to dallas and have been happy with my decision.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

The Social Security program was never designed to pay any benefits. Of course they want to cut it.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Holy crap is this guy seriously advocating for public administration of retirement funds through a tax on wages?!?! Unreal.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

What makes young people dare think they are deserved of the same privileges their parents had growing up??

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    rkelly making sure everyone knows he doesn't use math in anyway to come up with his "my truths."

SS is a ponzi scheme which is exactly why they want more people paying into it. Just like any other ponzi scheme.
    Of course you won't have to work until you're 70, state worker. I'm talking about working people.

rkelly110

i'm not going to get into this debate because i HATE politics. i just know that i've always done the best to save money over the years knowing that i don't want to work all my life. i would say i'm one of the lucky ones...but i did put a lot of work/time into my career. i also know how to budget and live within my means.

also, people always seem to dog on texas, but wages/jobs have been solid since i've worked here (17 yrs). yes, it has it's shortcomings, but it can provide a comfortable life. i would have loved to stayed in San Diego after my military commitment was up, but i knew it would be difficult to live the lifestyle i wanted. came to dallas and have been happy with my decision.
    Good idea to keep an eye on politics because it could effect you greatly down the road.

Having 3 of 4 talk about screwing with SS at a debate, IMO, is a death sentence.

Wonder how many people will be happy with their voting choice down the road when it comes time for retirement
    at 70?

I've known quite a few people who never made it to 62 let alone 65. Known quite a few who died after they retired
    while waiting on their 1st check. Also know many still alive in their 80's.

Moral of the story, don't vote against your interests.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Your candidate says nothing has to change. He'll just wave his magic Trump wand and all will be fixed.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I don't need SS money. Donald Trump is going to pay for my retirement when he balances the budget and reduces the taxes. Do the math.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Here are their actual plans, not from a far left partisan retard:
    Source: http://www.npr.org/2016/03/12/470130...storiesfromnpr

Rubio's proposal: Marco Rubio suggests gradually raising the retirement age at which younger workers like himself become eligible for Social Security. This is effectively a cut in benefits, since retirees would have fewer years to collect. Raising the top retirement age from 67 to 70 as Rubio proposed would fill about one-third of the Social Security shortfall. Rubio also suggested a form of "means testing," in which wealthier retirees would see smaller benefit increases in the future. The Senator didn't offer any details, but other means testing proposals have been estimated to reduce the funding shortfall by about 10 percent.

Cruz's proposal
    : Ted Cruz suggests a different form of benefit cut, in which future retirees would receive smaller cost-of-living adjustments. Some argue that the current inflation measure used by Social Security overstates the price increases seniors face, although others insist cost of living adjustments should be bigger, not smaller. The cut that Cruz suggests would fix about 15 percent of the funding shortfall. Cruz also proposes letting workers divert a portion of their payroll taxes into private retirement accounts. This may or may not be a good idea. It was hotly debated during the George W. Bush administration. But using payroll taxes for any purpose other than Social Security would make the system's solvency problems worse, not better.

Kasich's proposal:
    John Kasich also advocates means testing with reduced benefits for wealthy seniors.

Trump's proposal
    : Donald Trump argues against any cut in benefits or increase in taxes, instead relying on faster economic growth to close the Social Security funding gap. Kathleen Romig of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities says faster growth would help with this and many other challenges. But she warns it's not a "magic bullet." Forecasters have tried to predict Social Security's fate under many different economic scenarios, and there's no realistic growth level that would close the funding gap on its own. Faster growth cuts both ways, increasing revenue from payroll taxes but also increasing benefits, which are tied to wages.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Anybody over 50 shouldn't be able to vote...

They are dead in a couple of years anyways..

These selfish old baby booming farts are destroying this country..

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Here are their actual plans, not from a far left partisan retard:
    Source: http://www.npr.org/2016/03/12/470130...storiesfromnpr

Rubio's proposal: Marco Rubio suggests gradually raising the retirement age at which younger workers like himself become eligible for Social Security. This is effectively a cut in benefits, since retirees would have fewer years to collect. Raising the top retirement age from 67 to 70 as Rubio proposed would fill about one-third of the Social Security shortfall. Rubio also suggested a form of "means testing," in which wealthier retirees would see smaller benefit increases in the future. The Senator didn't offer any details, but other means testing proposals have been estimated to reduce the funding shortfall by about 10 percent.

Cruz's proposal
    : Ted Cruz suggests a different form of benefit cut, in which future retirees would receive smaller cost-of-living adjustments. Some argue that the current inflation measure used by Social Security overstates the price increases seniors face, although others insist cost of living adjustments should be bigger, not smaller. The cut that Cruz suggests would fix about 15 percent of the funding shortfall. Cruz also proposes letting workers divert a portion of their payroll taxes into private retirement accounts. This may or may not be a good idea. It was hotly debated during the George W. Bush administration. But using payroll taxes for any purpose other than Social Security would make the system's solvency problems worse, not better.

Kasich's proposal:
    John Kasich also advocates means testing with reduced benefits for wealthy seniors.

Trump's proposal
    : Donald Trump argues against any cut in benefits or increase in taxes, instead relying on faster economic growth to close the Social Security funding gap. Kathleen Romig of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities says faster growth would help with this and many other challenges. But she warns it's not a "magic bullet." Forecasters have tried to predict Social Security's fate under many different economic scenarios, and there's no realistic growth level that would close the funding gap on its own. Faster growth cuts both ways, increasing revenue from payroll taxes but also increasing benefits, which are tied to wages.

These all seem like reasonable proposals.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

come retirement.

scheme.

With people living longer and the average age increasing, I think raising the retirement age to 70 is almost a given. Maybe even higher.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Anybody over 50 shouldn't be able to vote...

They are dead in a couple of years anyways..

These selfish old baby booming farts are destroying this country..
    yes, young poor people voting for their Obamaphone are definitely leading the country in the right direction.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

People that didn't put into SS that make it to 70 should have a meeting set up with Jack Kevorkian

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Last edited by GUMMO77; 03-14-16 at 01:20 AM.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

come retirement.

scheme.
    The ONLY way the US Dollar stays relevant (to sustain SS) is to spend eternity defending it (CORRUPTION...) by FIGHTING WARS.

If a man had a child AFTER 9-11, you might be a dumb fukk. i mean we DO have the INFORMATION that ALLOWS us to know that... there is NO TRUTH to the United States gov`t... or we would acknowledge - we are terrorists !! fight fukking wars BASED ON LIES...

or at the very least, maybe they are unable to read between the lines...AND for that, I call you a dumb fukk, because THE CHILDREN WILL PAY FOR OUR LIES...
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 03-14-16 at 01:29 AM.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Suckers vote.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Employers match employees SS. The US is becoming a corporate state. Are companies behind the anti SS talk?
    Repubs are owned by corporations. It's naturally assumed Repub candidates would push for SS reform.
    REPUBLICANS owned by corporations??? Anyone NOT in the top ONE percent is OWNED by big biz.

America NOW laughing-stock of world. and hated. U-S-A, U-S-A

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9388

come retirement.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-..._9447206.html?
    Imagine if you entered the workforce in 1980 when the Dow was at at around 1,000 and is now at 17,000. You shouldn't be heavily invested equities when you're retired unless you really know what you're doing.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

So a flawed system that the younger generation has to fix while they raped many of us with college "big business" tuition. Awesome yeah let's work till we are 80 I'm penetrating pumped

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    So a flawed system that the younger generation has to fix while they raped many of us with college "big business" tuition. Awesome yeah let's work till we are 80 I'm penetrating pumped
    Yes there's MASSIVE incentive for young people to want to go iut and work just so they can service previous generations retirements whilst struggling to scrape enough to live in the same manner themselves...

But its cool because countries can simply continue to rollover their increasing debt levels

redeye1
    redeye1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

If you have been relying or thinking of relying on ss for retirement then you are a fool. R or D has nothing to do with it. The system is flawed! Thinking that voting D is gonna fix it is a pipe dream! You better plan on taking care of yourself unless you like welfare and food stamps! Dont be a nation of losers and govt babies sucking at the nipple! MO!
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave redeye1 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Anybody under 50 shouldn't be able to vote...

They are lazy as shit

These selfish young lazy ass kids are destroying this country..
    sents your a lazy stupid kid , i fixed this for you

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by redeye1 View Post
    If you have been relying or thinking of relying on ss for retirement then you are a fool. R or D has nothing to do with it. The system is flawed! Thinking that voting D is gonna fix it is a pipe dream! You better plan on taking care of yourself unless you like welfare and food stamps! Dont be a nation of losers and govt babies sucking at the nipple! MO!
    Those with their own business who didn't put into SS and those who solely rely on social programs to live, will not
    receive SS benefits. Govt workers won't get SS (I don't believe), because of their overblown pensions WE pay for.

Normal retirees don't receive their wages for life after they retire unlike govt retirees. That right there is what
    is hurting us. Some states are going with 401ks for new hires, but states are going broke trying to keep pensions
    funded. Guess what, the govt is our largest employer. Do the math on that.

brooks85

Of course you won't have to work until you're 70, state worker. I'm talking about working people.
    and the lies keep on coming. But, that is all you have.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Your candidate says nothing has to change. He'll just wave his magic Trump wand and all will be fixed.
    then as an idiot who supported Obama you should be in infatuated with trump. Too bad he is white and not a democrat. Your sheepy mind just can't get out of the pen.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

then as an idiot who supported Obama you should be in infatuated with trump. Too bad he is white and not a democrat. Your sheepy mind just can't get out of the pen.
    You said that "Retirement age has to and should go up." I happen to agree with that. It's your fuhrer that doesn't agree.

Do you agree with Trump on anything or do you just like his attitude?

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You said that "Retirement age has to and should go up." I happen to agree with that. It's your fuhrer that doesn't agree.

Do you agree with Trump on anything or do you just like his attitude?
    I also said if trump wasn't white and a republican idiots like you would line up. From the outside you don't see it but your flow of logic is just pure garbage.

1234 ... Last