Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

All I said was that I didn't like the gumbo

#Murica!

...and then everyone wonders why blacks hate whites...this shit is simply unreal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ecor/81633822/
    Joe’s Crab Shack apologizes for using photo of lynching as table decor

ROSEVILLE, Minn. - Joe's Crab Shack is under fire for using a photo of a black man's execution as table decor.
    According to the Minneapolis NAACP, Tyrone Williams and Chauntyll Allen were preparing to dine at Joe's Crab Shack in Roseville on Wednesday night when they noticed a photo embedded inside the table.
    It appeared to show a large group of white people watching a public execution of at least one black person. On the bottom of the picture, it reads: "Hanging at Groesbeck, Texas, on April 12th, 1895." At the top, the caption reads, "All I said was that I didn't like the gumbo."
    "Although the manager was apologetic about the lynching depiction, that does not change the fact that this sickening image of black men being lynched was intentionally embedded inside of a table," Williams said. "This type of blatant racism should not be tolerated in this country, or in our local and national eating establishments. I have felt sick to my stomach and stressed out since seeing that image on the table where I was planning to eat my food."

Allen said she could not believe the image was used so casually.
    "Seeing a picture of two black men being lynched was the last thing that I expected to see at what was supposed to be a family-friendly restaurant," Allen said.
    Nekima Levy-Pounds, President of the Minneapolis NAACP, said the incident "demonstrates that racism is still alive and well in this country."
    "It is sickening to know that someone would make a mockery of black men being savagely lynched and then use that imagery for decorative purposes in a restaurant," Levy-Pounds said in a statement.
    The Minneapolis NAACP is demanding an immediate public apology by the corporate offices of Joe's Crabshack; immediate removal "of any and all lynching or otherwise racially-offensive imagery" from its restaurants; and a donation to a local community-based organization that serves African American youths and teenagers.
    David Catalano, COO Ignite Restaurant Group, Joe's Crab Shack parent company, said the image was immediately removed and the company understands that the photo used at the Roseville restaurant was offensive.
    “We sincerely apologize to our guests who were disturbed by the image and we look forward to continuing to serve the Roseville community,” Catalano said in a statement.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Happy now?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Whoops

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Saloon this shit

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Saloon this shit
    are you at some point soon gonna add those NBA totals from other threads to your new thread?
    you've abandoned a thread where you were down 30 units...don't be a pussy and add those numbers to your overall record, lil snitch

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Hey mate sure that isn't a hoax,I mean how many years has this place been around using that pic.I just cant see it going unreported for this long.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    are you at some point soon gonna add those NBA totals from other threads to your new thread?
    you've abandoned a thread where you were down 30 units...don't be a pussy and add those numbers to your overall record, lil snitch
    I haven't left that thread dummy. You gonna keep crying about it?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Hey mate sure that isn't a hoax,I mean how many years has this place been around using that pic.
    posted on USAToday site...so I hope they check their sources
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

darrell74

Just so that you guys are a little bit more informed.

This is not a KKK kidnapping and lynching.
    This was a legalized public execution, like so many more of those back in those days.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I haven't left that thread dummy. You gonna keep crying about it?
    you haven't letf that thread yet you've created a new thread with a new running totals?

haaaa...no wonder you've won the DUMBEST poster award here

carry on now little rat...keep on adding those units to your air bombs when you chase every night....we're enjoying your one man circus performance here

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sasha blacks been killing the last 100 years especially each other

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post

Just so that you guys are a little bit more informed.

This is not a KKK kidnapping and lynching.
    This was a legalized public execution, like so many more of those back in those days.
    so it's ok to display this in a restaurant?
    back then many blacks where framed for crimes that did not commit - we all know that...it's still happening to this day

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

How long until we ban The Green Mile

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    posted on USAToday site...so I hope they check their sources
    Yeah I hope so eh! just seems abit strange.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I would have zero problem with a pic of a white murderer being hung. Why would blacks feel differently?

This family is clearly going to sue, claiming they suffered mental anguish from seeing this pic. Typical.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

darrell74

Rhetoric aside.

Just want you to know the facts.

out

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

I will reserve judgement until I try the gumbo.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Wow wtf

Interestingly enough but unrelated I was at Joe's the other day and it was one of 18 locations where the servers don't get cc tips. Can you believe that? I saw the sign said they were hiring them for $12/hr which seems much higher than a server getting tips on all would normally get but that's crazy to me. You can still tip cash if you want to.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Joes is where people from land locked states go to get their seafood

stevek173

Exactly. I had a steampot filled with crab and lobster. It was good the tail was overly soaked but otherwise everything good. Upbeat ambiance some lady was there for her 60th birthday and they said they'd sing happy birthday to her backwards then they surprised everyone by turning around backwards and singing to her. Kind of corny but effective. My steampot was like 40 bones and also had shrimp in it. They shrimp weren't that great so I think next time I'd go with the one with clams I'm it instead of shrimp. There was old bay on everything but I wanted much more I should have gotten a side. I saw at the table down from us the guy told the waiter

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

rocket i hope u didnt trip running to the computer to post this, you never pass up a chance to crack on USA

and what a shocker wiz buried you yet again LOL

you cant make this shit up

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

cwd your posts here are just as tired as your handicapping on this site...ohh wait my bad -- you never post plays

just accept the fact that you cannot troll...you lack any creativity in your posts

perhaps it's time for you to go revisit SBR store for yet another pizza pie, brokedikk? ...let me know if you need some pts

CWD
    Update your status

i got enough 490 in the bank and a free play to spare brotha

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Wow wtf

Interestingly enough but unrelated I was at Joe's the other day and it was one of 18 locations where the servers don't get cc tips. Can you believe that? I saw the sign said they were hiring them for $12/hr which seems much higher than a server getting tips on all would normally get but that's crazy to me. You can still tip cash if you want to.
    most people will still tip...so this is a dream job for most waiters in that establishment I guess

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    i got enough 490 in the bank and a free play to spare brotha
    you have 492 to be exact

don't be shy now - hit that checkout button, clown

CWD
    Update your status

my bad

rocket might have game on lock after all

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If you eat at Joe's you are likely poor white trash.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    If you eat at Joe's you are likely poor white trash.
    or black because red lobster's wait time is too long

stevek173

He said he was doctor smooth and his date was laughing with him. I could tell he was going to get laid after the date good for them.

RR you have to think cc purchases are north of what 80% of business? That's probably being very conservative too. It said no tipping everywhere. I think at first yes many would ask about tipping and some but not most would tip and that would drop off. We did. I said "here's your tip - take the Oregon money line march 11th" he said thanks a lot and we left.

The motivated server doing a great job and going above and beyond loses there and the average to below average server surfing the higher wage wins.
    Last edited by stevek173; 03-11-16 at 01:56 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    The motivated server doing a great job and going above and beyond loses there and the average to below average server surfing the higher wage wins.
    yeah man, I totally agree with you here

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Why didn't people ever get their panties in a bunch from Pace Picante sauce commercials?

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Let's be honest...if you go to Joes for seafood, you need to be the one in the picture getting strung up

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Let's be honest...if you go to Joes for seafood, you need to be the one in the picture getting strung up
    Is it on the same level with Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.?

stevek173

I don't care if Roseanne Barr just shit it out if you put a lobster And crab legs in front of me I am hoovering it.

Sure Joe's isn't 5 stars but it ain't dog food either guys.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...tigation-shows

http://ietv.co/1T8psQW

INSIDE EDITION visited 28 restaurants around the county, including local seafood spots and national chains. Nathan’s, Red Lobster and even the Soupman – the New York eatery made famous by Seinfeld – were among them.

The meat was scooped out from a variety of lobster dishes and sent off to a lab, where DNA tests were carried out to see if there was anything fishy about the lobster.
    It emerged that in 35 percent of the samples, the lab found cheap substitutes instead of lobster.
    A restaurant called ‘Get Hooked,’ just outside of Tampa, Florida, served up lobster rolls – but INSIDE EDITION found samples of the meat actually contained whiting, an inexpensive fish.
    The owner told IE he did, “not purposely rip off the public.”
    The restaurant owner says he makes his lobster rolls with a frozen mixture. It has some lobster, but he acknowledges it’s filled with other, cheaper fish like whiting and pollock.
    And it wasn’t just local restaurants. At the country’s largest seafood chain, Red Lobster, INSIDE EDITION ordered lobster bisque soup from three different locations and scooped out the meat.
    One sample included only langostino, a less expensive seafood more closely related to hermit crab than lobster, and two others had a combination of langostino and lobster. The FDA told INSIDE EDITION that soup with only langostino cannot be called lobster bisque. It must be labelled as langostingo lobster bisque.
    In a statement, a Red Lobster company spokesperson said: “Red Lobster, the world’s largest seafood restaurant chain, serves a variety of lobster on its menu, including North American lobster, Maine lobster and langostino lobster.
    "As a seafood expert, Red Lobster understands that the seasonality and availability of lobster can fluctuate, so our Lobster Bisque can contain meat from Maine lobster, langostino lobster, or, in some cases, a combination of both.
    "INSIDE EDITION’s test was a matter of what we call 'the luck of the ladle' and both types of lobster provide the bisque with a rich, sweet taste that our guests love.”
    At the world famous Nathan’s in Coney Island, Brooklyn, the lobster roll tested by INSIDE EDITION came back as whiting.
    A Nathan's spokesperson told INSIDE EDITION: "Seafood fraud is a serious issue and Nathan’s Famous buys all of our lobster products from a member of the Better Seafood Board as part of our commitment to fair and honest sourcing. This is not a case of fraud.
    "Lobster Salad is traditionally a mix, or salad, made up of seafood items. The main ingredient in our Lobster Salad is in fact Lobster. Any suggestion that it is not would be erroneous.

"Nathan’s Famous 'Lobster Salad Sandwich' is made with a delicious, healthy mix of Lobster, Pollock and Whiting. Our sandwiches include a versatile and affordable blend of North Atlantic lobster meat and premium surimi seafood. We maintain a commitment to accurate labeling."
    But there was some good news. Some samples, such as the lobster bisque from the Soupman, came back loaded with lobster.
    New York City-based celebrity chef and best-selling author Rocco DiSpirito says there should be no compromise when it comes to lobster rolls.
    They should be “all lobster, not a mixture of lobster and whiting and any other kind of fish,” he said. “The whiting, pollock thing is not what you'd expect when you order a lobster roll.”
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 03-11-16 at 02:51 PM.

12 Last