17. You may not vote on this poll
  • GSW -16.5

8 47.06%
  • Lakers +16.5

9 52.94%
    Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

Have you been to the arena? The lighting sucks. The Lakers have had "Lights out" for quite some time. It makes a huge difference. I was at the Final Four in Houston a few years ago with the best seats in Reliant. It was awful, black background on a raised floor made depth perception impossible. I called a few friends, even posted in these forums that that court was horrible and teams would have a hard time scoring. All 3 games went WAY under and a lot of folks made money. Reliant (NRG) has poor visability for football games too. It's like there's a haze in that place. Staples is very similar.

Lakers game on the right, Clippers on the left. Let me ask you, which one would you feel more confident shooting?

Here's a great article to read as well. If you're a serious better, you should get to know where teams play.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...010-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Poor lighting at Staples Center

It's not a high school gym

i really hope that dude didn't bet 9k

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The Lakers have always had it dark, even all the way back to The Forum days.

It sets a sexy ambience and makes Jack Nicholson presentable to the younger ladies.

knucklecurve
    knucklecurve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I just bet $9000 to win a easy $100. Why not. Easy money. I use to work hard to make a $100. I don't have to work at all here
    ouchhhh. dude just dont do anything to yourself, be safe

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9119

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Have you been to the arena? The lighting sucks. The Lakers have had "Lights out" for quite some time. It makes a huge difference. I was at the Final Four in Houston a few years ago with the best seats in Reliant. It was awful, black background on a raised floor made depth perception impossible. I called a few friends, even posted in these forums that that court was horrible and teams would have a hard time scoring. All 3 games went WAY under and a lot of folks made money. Reliant (NRG) has poor visability for football games too. It's like there's a haze in that place. Staples is very similar.

Lakers game on the right, Clippers on the left. Let me ask you, which one would you feel more confident shooting?

Here's a great article to read as well. If you're a serious better, you should get to know where teams play.

Seems easier to shoot with the "poor lighting" less distractions, more focus on the court, less on the crowd?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Good job kbv got a good number I settled on the under 222
    Nice hit Pile, we were all over this one.

Mac4Lyfe

Really? You can't even see the square on the backboard? The darker background is much worst for any shooter. You need light to focus.

I have no idea but it looked even more different today. It had a smokey haze look. I noticed it when the game first started. I wasn't there in person and maybe my HD feed was poor but the arena looked dim and the rims hard to see. GSW normally shoots very well on the road, which is incredible. I've never seen them shoot this poorly. Steph and Klay both looked perplexed several times when they missed wide open looks. Maybe those guys were out late partying, who knows but those guys don't usually miss like this. I'll call shenanigans on the Lakers like Notre Dame not mowing the grass over Steph and Klay both shooting like shit. That just don't happen on any night.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    Seems easier to shoot with the "poor lighting" less distractions, more focus on the court, less on the crowd?

Mac4Lyfe

Relook at both pictures. It is much harder to tell how far away the players on the right are from the basket as the players on the left. It looks like they might be 10 feet from the basket but they could be right underneath it too. A dark background makes depth perception (how far the rim is away) much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

I've been to Staples at least 50 times for Lakers games. Many more for Kings and begrudgingly a few Clippers home games usually when they are playing the Lakers. There is no reason a proficient shooter at any level would have a disadvantage playing with that lighting set up.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9119

Really? You can't even see the square on the backboard? The darker background is much worst for any shooter. You need light to focus.

I have no idea but it looked even more different today. It had a smokey haze look. I noticed it when the game first started. I wasn't there in person and maybe my HD feed was poor but the arena looked dim and the rims hard to see. GSW normally shoots very well on the road, which is incredible. I've never seen them shoot this poorly. Steph and Klay both looked perplexed several times when they missed wide open looks. Maybe those guys were out late partying, who knows but those guys don't usually miss like this. I'll call shenanigans on the Lakers like Notre Dame not mowing the grass over Steph and Klay both shooting like shit. That just don't happen on any night.
    On the court view is much different from what that photo picked up. I am assuming thats Kwame Brown in that photo? we can barely seem him lol its not that big of a difference in person. Like gauchojake said its nothing that that significant. The lights are dimmed on the stands, not on the floor.
    If stats can be shown teams shoot below their road avg while at Staples Center then there could be something to it.
    I can understand the hockey complaints. I don't buy it from a basketball point of view. NBA players have often said early games are difficult. It throws off their routine. Playing at 12:30pm mid day isn't the norm. GSW are a shooting team and today was an off day for them.

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

Relook at both pictures. It is much harder to tell how far away the players on the right are from the basket as the players on the left. It looks like they might be 10 feet from the basket but they could be right underneath it too. A dark background makes depth perception (how far the rim is away) much harder.

dude, Curry made 5-9 3pts, Warriors 14-28 on their last visit to the Staples in November.

Thatīs bullshit

overconfidence+hangover leads to this, not "lighting" lol

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

and they scored 136 pts

Mac4Lyfe

Did you watch the game today. The arena lighting looked significantly different today. I'm not claiming shenanigans but something did not look right.

GSW has been overconfident all season long. This isn't the first afternoon game they've played either. This team never shoots that bad. Never... Hangover? Curry makes those open shots in his sleep. Watching his reaction when he missed several shots really showed that he couldn't believe it either. It may be an anomaly, maybe just bullshit but if I noticed a difference from my couch, maybe, just maybe something wasn't right???

Curry and Klay were a combined 13-of-40 from the field and 1-of-18 from 3-point range. It was the worst 3-point shooting game for the pair as teammates. We have never seen them shoot that bad. Call it over confident, cocky, out late drinking, snorting cocaine off strippers asses last night or maybe they both were shooting up heroin before the tip? I'd believe the balls were deflated before I'd believe the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield23 View Post
    dude, Curry made 5-9 3pts, Warriors 14-28 on their last visit to the Staples in November.

Thatīs bullshit

overconfidence+hangover leads to this, not "lighting" lol

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I just bet $9000 to win a easy $100. Why not. Easy money. I use to work hard to make a $100. I don't have to work at all here

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Nice work KVB

A true cut above the rest

First 123