jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it seems rigged now because of betting

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Jj if these guys are getting payed only 500 k for a event that brings in millions can they be bought?

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Jj if these guys are getting payed only 500 k for a event that brings in millions can they be bought?
    Buck most guys not getting much, owner makes it all

I would think yes

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    That's exactly what I said in the other thread. Doesnt change the fact that he doesnt leg kick, doesnt have a jab. If a fighter changes his style radically for 5 fights straight, one can't expect him to suddenly go back to what he did in the past. Conor was going to come out pressuring. Just thought that would be enough, and didn't see him gassing that hard at all. - But that's what happens when you pack so much muscle and weight on a frame that's not used to it.
    Boxers usually jump weightclasses 2-3 pounds at a time, go back down, then go back up etc. What Mcgregor did was ballsy as penetrate, but his body wasn't there for him. One of his coaches should have told him this is how it works, instead of hitting him with foam poolnoodles and doing this shit:

He didn't think he would gas either, with all the energy he kept talking about he had at 170, and he thought no one could take his left hand, diaz is one of few people that can, shouldn't have Threw all that spinning shit with someone as good as diaz As judging range, and shouldn't have threw his whole body behind every punch, shoulda just picked him apart and won a dec if he had to, be more selective with his punches. Glad I only lost a couple units on it, in the long run. It's a positive, it's gonna set up some big pay days getting the Irish atm at better lines in his next couple fights, he was starting to get Ronda Rousey syndrom, he's a smart dude, this. Is gonna make him better.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 03-06-16 at 04:34 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany

JoshKnows46

The fight ended the way he predicted but instead of diaz panic wrestling, him getting mount then the back and subbing diaz, it went the exact oppsite, with him panic wrestling.

All_Or_Nothing
    All_Or_Nothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    he was 100% gassed-weight was too much for him
    Conor got rope-a-doped! He shot his wad in the 1st round & punched himself out. Rookie mistake to not pace himself. All of Ireland are crying in their Guinness'! Nate Diaz peed in their Lucky Charms!

JoshKnows46

What was disheartening to see, was mcgregor gave up the back knowing he'd get finished and gave his neck up to be choked, head high for diaz to sink it in and didn't fight it, he wanted out the fight, he is a front runner in that sense, diaz took his will to fight when mcgregor couldn't put him away With his best shots and was gassed. He took the easy way out.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    What was disheartening to see, was mcgregor gave up the back knowing he'd get finished and gave his neck up to be choked, head high for diaz to sink it in and didn't fight it, he wanted out the fight, he is a front runner in that sense, diaz took his will to fight when mcgregor couldn't put him away With his best shots and was gassed. He took the easy way out.

Bingo.

Mac pussied out.

All_Or_Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    it seems rigged now because of betting
    Well I'll say one thing. There have been a lot of HUGE upsets over the last 12 months or so. It has seemed a little fishy.

All_Or_Nothing

It's almost as if the underdog gets something good slipped to them. TJ looked other worldly when he took the title from Barao compared to his previous fight with Mike Easton. It's like he jumped up levels in a couple of months. Wonderboy vs Hendricks was another example of a fighter jumping up levels in a matter of a couple of months. It's like their reflexes are just better. I'm not saying that everything is not on the up & up. I'm just saying.........

jjgold

It is very fishy

good viewing though

JoshKnows46

Spoken like a true champion...

" I stormed in and put it all on the line. I took a shot and missed.
    I will never apologize for taking a shot.
    Shit happens.
    I'll take this loss like a man. I will not shy away from it. I will not change who I am. If another champion goes up 2 weights let me know.
    If your tired of me talking money, take a nap.
    I'll still be here when you wake up with the highest PPV and the gate. Still talking multi 7's.
    Thank you to the true support and fuc.k the hate that came out of the woodwork. I love it all. Its still steak for breakfast.
    I've been here many times in my life in some form or another. I'll eat it all and come back stronger.
    Aldo you are a pussy. Dos anjos you are a pussy.
    When the history books are written, I showed up. You showed up on Twitter.
    To the fans! Never ever shy away from challenges. Never run from adversity. Face yourself head on.
    Nate I will see you again."

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Spoken like a true champion...

" I stormed in and put it all on the line. I took a shot and missed.
    I will never apologize for taking a shot.
    Shit happens.
    I'll take this loss like a man. I will not shy away from it. I will not change who I am. If another champion goes up 2 weights let me know.
    If your tired of me talking money, take a nap.
    I'll still be here when you wake up with the highest PPV and the gate. Still talking multi 7's.
    Thank you to the true support and fuc.k the hate that came out of the woodwork. I love it all. Its still steak for breakfast.
    I've been here many times in my life in some form or another. I'll eat it all and come back stronger.
    Aldo you are a pussy. Dos anjos you are a pussy.
    When the history books are written, I showed up. You showed up on Twitter.
    To the fans! Never ever shy away from challenges. Never run from adversity. Face yourself head on.
    Nate I will see you again."
    Aldo might be a pussy, but I don't know how he can call Dos Anjos a pussy. He has a legitimate broken foot. I highly doubt Conor would fight with a broken foot. He is delusional if he thinks that RDA didn't want that big pay day.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Aldo might be a pussy, but I don't know how he can call Dos Anjos a pussy. He has a legitimate broken foot. I highly doubt Conor would fight with a broken foot. He is delusional if he thinks that RDA didn't want that big pay day.
    Connor finished a fight with Holloway injured and fought mendes with a torn acl mcl, he fights with worse injurys then a bruised foot. How do u break a foot that close to a fight...rda was scared, then he continued to run his mouth on twitter after he pull out. 4 guys have pulled out of fights with him now, he breaks them mentally, he couldn't break nate mentally.

Ultimatemeatball
    Ultimatemeatball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 999

Interesting to see Holm trying like heck to get out of the RNC until she eventually fell unconscious, and then you had Conor who tapped as soon as the choke was sunk in.

Ultimatemeatball

Also, huge props to Tate who showed the heart of a champion and got it done. Her accomplishment should be celebrated.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Ultimatemeatball 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatemeatball View Post
    Interesting to see Holm trying like heck to get out of the RNC until she eventually fell unconscious, and then you had Conor who tapped as soon as the choke was sunk in.
    Holm was 2 minutes from victory, mcgregor was a beaten man in the 2nd, he choose to be choked out over knocked out, diaz's chin and his gas being emptyed so early, took away his will to fight. He was asking to be choked out, As a fan of mcgregor, that was sad to see.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Connor finished a fight with Holloway injured and fought mendes with a torn acl mcl, he fights with worse injurys then a bruised foot. How do u break a foot that close to a fight...rda was scared, then he continued to run his mouth on twitter after he pull out. 4 guys have pulled out of fights with him now, he breaks them mentally, he couldn't break nate mentally.
    Well then RDA purposely broke his foot to miss out on a huge payday, because I have seen pictures of it and it was pretty nasty.

Many fighters have fought with injuries before. I don't think Conor's ACL injury that he annouced after the Mendes fight was as bad as he made it sound(he claims it was 80% torn), otherwise he would have had surgery afterwards, which he didn't. Last I heard he had some stem cell injections. His original knee injury was back in 2013 and he did have surgery. So I guess you can believe what you want to believe.

But If Conor had a broken foot, he wouldn't have fought either, nor would they clear him to fight with one.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

He shot in cause he was out on his feet from Diaz rocking him many times, as well as being very tired from the extra weight he was carrying. Total panic shot by macgruber, anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.

Ultimatemeatball

Holm was 2 minutes from victory, mcgregor was a beaten man in the 2nd, he choose to be choked out over knocked out, diaz's chin and his gas being emptyed so early, took away his will to fight. He was asking to be choked out, As a fan of mcgregor, that was sad to see.
    interesting take, and I believe it. I wish every fighter I picked possessed the will power and killer instinct of the current Robbie Lawler. It's tough to see folks not displaying the mental strength to go out on their sword. Perhaps tapping out or coasting is a way of saving face instead of potentially being rendered unconscious in front of the crowd and those at home watching on ppv. A rare breed these days. Cormier has it. Mark Hunt has it. Ben Rothwell has it. Heck, Erik Silva has it. So does Matt Brown.
    Last edited by Ultimatemeatball; 03-06-16 at 07:27 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I just used to love boxing and hate where it has gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    To each his own. I enjoy UFC but I'm also a boxing aficionado. I watch both and appreciate what these athletes go through to prepare. They both are brutal sports and by never knowing what will happen or who will win is the big draw for me. Who knew Tate and Diaz would both win last night? Who knew Buster Douglas would win in Tokyo? I love the sweet science of boxing and I appreciate the mental grind of 12 rounds. Sure boxing can be a frustrating watch BUT so can UFC.

I'm not sure why some UFC folks feel the need to talk boxing down? If you don't like it just don't watch it. Striking/boxing is a big part of UFC fighting. Why would you put down what UFC fighters do 80% of the time? Small penis complex?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

thats what shocks me---how he didnt mimic the RDA fight...
    He also fought stupid as well, went head hunting all fight, he didn't need to do that being the much more quicker, more skilled striker, should have chopped down diaz legs and body and finished him. In the 3rd like I. Said, rda showed him the gameplan to best diaz, but connor though he could ko him with punches, krpt head hunting and missing. McGregor let his own hype get to him, that's why. He lost this fight, he will come back even stronger then before, he needs to get this edgar fight out the way, then drop that belt completly and go for the 155 and 170 titles, he was completly dismantling diaz in a pure boxing match for the first 7 minutes of that fight, not many people can do that to diaz, nearly anybody else would have crumbled to those punches, diaz has a heart of a. Lion, mcgregor just needs to fight smarter next time, he still ko's rda inside 1 round.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

<header class="nav "> <nav class="nav__wrap">http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/ufc-...talk-nate-diaz

</nav> </header> Conor McGregor isn’t a great UFC fighter and never has been <cite class="article__source"></cite>

By: Simon Samano | March 7, 2016 7:20 am

Conor McGregor is the UFC featherweight champion. That’s something that can’t be taken away from him.

Conor McGregor is not a great UFC fighter, though, nor has he ever been. That’s something that can’t be disputed. Not after what happened Saturday night. He was rushed to prominence thanks to his gift for gab and larger-than-life personality, but as the fight showed, he hasn’t become a complete fighter yet.
    Listen to Nate Diaz, fresh off his impressive second-round submission win over McGregor at UFC 196, sitting with the Fox Sports 1 crew talking about his career journey while also preaching truth about McGregor’s meteoric rise.
    “I’ve been fighting 12 years as a martial artist,” Diaz said. “Like, just knowing … seeing (the UFC) push this guy. That guy’s a good fighter and everything, but he’s where he’s at because of the push he’s getting, you know what I’m saying? I’ve put in a lot of work, and there ain’t no push. So I’m gonna take that (expletive) and make it mine, you know what I’m saying? I know I’m a better fighter than him. They weren’t gonna give me no full camp for this guy. They’re gonna try to do whatever they can to bring him back to the top. I knew I was better than him. …
    “I’ve been in this UFC since I was 21 years old. I think that was my 25th fight, or 26th fight. There’s no experience like that. That guy, I think this might’ve been his sixth, seventh, eighth fight. But we’ll see where he’s at in 26 fights from now.
    Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Notice that Diaz called McGregor “a good fighter?” That’s as far as he could go, because that’s all McGregor has been in the UFC: good.
    Not great. Not the next big thing worthy of all the hype. He’s a good fighter who basically talked his way to a title shot. From there, it was “right place at the right time” just like Diaz said.
    Consider:

1. McGregor didn’t have a signature win in his first five UFC fights before being granted his original featherweight title shot against Jose Aldo. Maybe Dustin Poirier counted as a quality win? Maybe.
    2. As McGregor kept winning, the hype train eventually reached full speed because of his trash talk and self-promotion. With his popularity on the rise, the UFC decided to give him a title shot instead of putting him against a top-five fighter first.
    3. McGregor did defeat Chad Mendes – ranked ahead of McGregor – by TKO for the interim featherweight title after Aldo pulled out last July. That was hardly a signature win, though, when you consider Mendes took the fight on two weeks’ notice and how the fight unfolded. Mendes tagged McGregor a bunch and took him down at will in the first round, but it was clear he had no cardio. Mendes gassed out in the second before McGregor finished him. Makes you wonder about the outcome if Mendes had a full camp.
    4. McGregor finally did beat Aldo last December at UFC 194 – but on a one-punch, 13-second knockout. That was the one-time-out-of-100 ending. Fair or not, the win felt like a case of a lucky punch or Aldo simply getting caught.
    The point is that McGregor’s résumé prior to fighting Diaz wasn’t all that much to brag about. Now add Saturday night’s stunning – or maybe not so stunning – loss and what is McGregor?
    Not a great fighter. And certainly not a fighter who had any business declaring himself a god or thinking about taking on Floyd Mayweather. That’s just nonsense.

To his credit, McGregor appeared chastened after the loss and mostly said all the right things. He expressed a desire to defend his 145-pound championship – against Frankie Edgar or in a rematch with Aldo – which is what his priority should be.
    He needs to prove that he’s better than just good and that he’s a champion worth remembering. He rushed there this time, and until he gets there, he can quiet down a little.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Conor is an exceptional striker. THat weight jump was too much. He will be back! That article is full of fecal matter. We will see what will happen at featherweight.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Conor is an exceptional striker. THat weight jump was too much. He will be back! That article is full of fecal matter. We will see what will happen at featherweight.
    I agree...he also need to start seriously working on his ground game...as of right now it's obsolete

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good sport in the loss though

How do you bet this stuff?
    Generally speaking, fade your ass

First ... 2345