TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Question When Watching NBA Telecast On ABC Sports

I have DirecTV... and I'm not running anything through a receiver or sound system...

But have you guys noticed when Mike Breen is commentating... he tells you if it's a made shot or missed shot a split second faster than what the VIDEO is showing you? It's kind of annoying. Is this just my setup? Or are you guys experiencing the same transmission when watching the game?

Like last night... when Curry was shooting 3's.... the ball never went through the net.... and Mike Breen says... "PUTS IT IN!" Then the ball goes through the net. Is ABC Video/Audio delayed? It's off like a half a second.

I've only noticed it this season. It's annoying as hell.

Have you guys noticed a difference?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20145

The announcers are just following the script given them by the NBA. The good announcers wait until the play actually happens, but maybe this guy is jumping the gun a little.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Yes I noticed it last night, the audio was slightly ahead of the video. Can't speak for earlier NBA on ABC games because I think last night was the first ABC game I watched all year.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    The announcers are just following the script given them by the NBA. The good announcers wait until the play actually happens, but maybe this guy is jumping the gun a little.

Don't encourage him veggie

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yes I noticed it last night, the audio was slightly ahead of the video. Can't speak for earlier NBA on ABC games because I think last night was the first ABC game I watched all year.
    I've been noticing it for any game on ABC... whether it's Saturday Night or that Sunday Showcase crap.

Don't know if this is happening for Comcast customers or other providers? Or it's just the ABC transmission? But man.... it's annoying. I don't even watch the shot... I just listen to Mike Breen's MISS or MADE comment.

I can't believe ABC's engineers haven't noticed this??? Perhaps they just don't care.