Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

First McDonald's in Kazakhstan to offer horse meat burger

First McDonald's in Kazakhstan to offer horse meat burger

<time class="date date_article-header" style="margin: 0px 0px 0.230769em; padding: 0px; font-size: 1.3em; display: block; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">Published time: 26 Feb, 2016 14:53</time>

Actor Sacha Baron Cohen © Phil McCarten / Reuters

A horse meat burger might appear on the menu of the first McDonalds restaurant to be opened in Kazakhstan. The owner Kairat Boranbayev announced his local menu ahead of the official opening of the restaurant on March 8 in the capital Astana.
    “We are planning to launch 15 more outlets in Astana and Alma-Ata and expand the chain across the country,” Boranbayev told journalists on Thursday.
    As the company adapts menus to cater for local tastes, Kazakh McDonald's will probably offer a horse meat burger on the menu, said Boranbayev. “We’ll try to adjust our consumers’ requests and cater to Kazakh national cuisine,” he added.
    via GIPHY

The first McDonald's in Kazakhstan will seat more than 200 people and run the whole range of services including a drive-through and self-order kiosks. The menu will feature traditional Big Macs, french fries and Chicken McNuggets.
    Boranbayev has invested $3.5 million in the project, according to the president of McDonald's Russia unit, Khamzat Khasbulatov. Another 15 outlets in the former Soviet republic are expected to open their doors to visitors soon.
    Boranbayev was previously involved in Kazakhstan's gas business and his daughter is married to Kazakh President Nazarbayev's grandson.
    Khasbulatov did not answer a question if Boranbayev's personal connections to the Kazakh leader would help develop McDonald's restaurants in Kazakhstan.
    McDonald’s has significantly expanded the number of franchises in the former Soviet Union to face a challenge from international fast-food rivals like Burger King and KFC.
    McDonald's is excited to announce the opening of our first restaurant in Kazakhstan, our 120th country, on March 8th!
    Опубликовано McDonald's 25 февраля 2016 г.

The first owned restaurant in Russia opened in 1990 and now has a total of 545 restaurants.
    Eleven restaurants in the ex-Soviet republic of Belarus are owned by Kairat Boranbayev as well.
    Kazakhstan will be the 120th country where McDonald’s restaurants are located.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It will probably taste better than the Big Mac they serve in the US. At least it will have real meat in it.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

So whats the difference? If you're sick & unethical enough to eat the rotting corpse of a tortured animal what does it matter if its horse, bull, or dog?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If you are a vegetarian you hate animals because you eat their food.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Horse meat has got to be better than the pink slime they put in their burgers here.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

#McAmerican Pharaoh Burger

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

good call Jayvegas if i'm going to eat a horse burger that shit better be pure bread
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

I ate horse meat once but I didn't know it was horse meat until after. It was good.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 02-27-16 at 03:12 PM.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Horse meat is tasty. What is the issue?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

It's racist against cows.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Eat more chicken.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I've had horse meat too. Not delicious to me, but nothing bad about it.

The number 2 and 3 animals most killed for human consumption IIRC is duck and rabbit. And some people in the US have the balls to think THAT's weird. They'd faint at the sight of horse meat.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

I heard JJ is an expert at horse meat. No the slaughtered kind.