seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Curry's pregame dribbling ritual tells me a lot about his greatness

This is the middle of the season and he still is working on his game to improve. Amazing

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Curry puts in the work to be great. He is talented but mostly a product of hard/smart work

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

51 points and 10 3's last night. Putting in the work

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Good thread. Remember one thing, boys. The GREAT ones will use any motivational edge they have at their disposal.

They will use any slight as fuel to the fire. For Jordan, it was not making the varsity as a HS sophomore. For Curry, I'm sure it was getting snubbed the major Division I programs.

My point is that he'll go back and tell himself "this guy said I wasn't good enuf." To use an SBR phrase, he'll never say "I made it." Routines for excellence, the results speak for themselves.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

seab, how do u see Curry doing on longevity? Will his slight frame stand up for 12 years?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    seab, how do u see Curry doing on longevity? Will his slight frame stand up for 12 years?
    Yes because he's not explosive. He's reliant on skill, craftiness, a bit of quickness. The quickness however is mainly in his hand speed (crossovers, shot release). Point guards that don't play above the rim last long in the league.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I think he has about 3-4 more great years and a deep decline. I'm watching CP3's lack of athleticism affect his game, he can't get to the hole, can't drive past anyone, and is always shooting fall away jumpers. AI fell off of a cliff when he no longer had an athletic advantage. Little guys just don't have much of an advantage in their 30's no matter how skilled or athletic. The most impressive old guard in history is Andre Miller. How that guy plays so long is beyond logic.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Putting in the work pregame while most fellas are chilling in the locker room listening to their beats by Dr. Dre.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guy is a freak like we have never seen

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Putting in the work pregame while most fellas are chilling in the locker room listening to their beats by Dr. Dre.
    That's what I am thinking. The MVP and defending champ is working like a pre draft workout while others are resting on their laurels. This is the dead part of the NBA regular season and Curry is preparing like its game 7 of the NBA finals polishing, yes polishing his game.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yes because he's not explosive. He's reliant on skill, craftiness, a bit of quickness. The quickness however is mainly in his hand speed (crossovers, shot release). Point guards that don't play above the rim last long in the league.
    This. Curry's game is built for longevity. One of the many benefits of having an NBA veteran for a father is that you learn the importance of staying healthy and stretching out a career.

Dude can barely dunk and he's got a chance to be the back to back MVP