chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

it is about opening the state of ohio for recruiting in the 12. They only lost by 2 to oklahoma in 2010. They were competitive with west va. winning the league twice against west va.
    big 12 has a50-44 record against acc. Look they have gave oklahoma a good game in years. In 2010 oklahoma needed uc to miss a 2 pt converion to win. Oklahoma won the big 12.The yr o.s.u. destroyed miami for national championship Uc drop 3 tds in the end zone to beat uc. They beat the shit out of miami. Why uc is down is they hire tubberville and he sucks
    Last edited by chico2663; 08-12-16 at 05:55 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    it is about opening the state of ohio for recruiting in the 12. They only lost by 2 to oklahoma in 2010. They were competitive with west va. winning the league twice against west va.
    big 12 has a50-44 record against acc. Look they have gave oklahoma a good game in years. In 2010 oklahoma needed uc to miss a 2 pt converion to win. Oklahoma won the big 12.The yr o.s.u. destroyed miami for national championship Uc drop 3 tds in the end zone to beat uc. They beat the shit out of miami. Why uc is down is they hire tubberville and he sucks
    Stop your dreaming and ridiculous ranting. No one gives a crap about recruiting in the State of Ohio. That is owned by Ohio State. Ohio does not come close to States like California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia when it comes to recruiting. If the Big 12 really wanted to get a foothold in a state for recruiting purposes, they would take one of the Florida schools, and that is NOT going to happen. Stop being such a Cincinnati homer and admit the truth. The ONLY way Cincinnati gets in is if the Big 12 refuses BYU because of their academic issues. Do not conviently blame your current HC for the fact that Cincinnati is a crap football school compared to BYU. Butch Jones got his arse kicked by a 7 loss Tennessee team in 2011. Jones also lost 8 games in 2010 moron. Brag about that.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

East Carolina was snubbed by Big 12 but Pirates own the ACC. ECU knocks off NC State 33-30 for 6th consecutive victory vs. ACC foe

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Stop your dreaming and ridiculous ranting. No one gives a crap about recruiting in the State of Ohio. That is owned by Ohio State. Ohio does not come close to States like California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia when it comes to recruiting. If the Big 12 really wanted to get a foothold in a state for recruiting purposes, they would take one of the Florida schools, and that is NOT going to happen. Stop being such a Cincinnati homer and admit the truth. The ONLY way Cincinnati gets in is if the Big 12 refuses BYU because of their academic issues. Do not conviently blame your current HC for the fact that Cincinnati is a crap football school compared to BYU. Butch Jones got his arse kicked by a 7 loss Tennessee team in 2011. Jones also lost 8 games in 2010 moron. Brag about that.
    rankings in highschool football is cal,fla,texas and then ohio. if your talking hof then ohio is number 3. Now the may not get in but okla and west va are pushing to get them in. No one is pushing memphis you douche.your such a dumbass that you were talking shit about butch jones when he had won more games in a year than kiffen. Your such a dumbass that you bragged about kiffen's 7 wins when butch jones had 8 in reg season plus a win in bowl game
    Last edited by chico2663; 09-10-16 at 05:55 PM.

chico2663

htrain34
    htrain34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    East Carolina was snubbed by Big 12 but Pirates own the ACC. ECU knocks off NC State 33-30 for 6th consecutive victory vs. ACC foe
    If ECU had a TV market they would still be considered. If it was just on the field and attendance they would be a shoe in with Houston to get into the Big 12.

I would love to see what ECU would become if they even got into a power 5 conference. They will be a great ATS play this year. Go Pirates!

chico2663

It’s a shame they can’t settle it on the field. UC and Houston, BYU, UConn and anyone else still running the race to the Big 12 promised land. A season-long smackdown. Winners take all. Best two teams or best four. The Bearcats even play BYU, one of the prime contenders, not to mention UConn, South Florida, Central Florida and Thursday night, No. 6 Houston at Nippert Stadium.
    Cincinnati might not win the Ditch The AAC Sweepstakes, but at least we’d know the Bearcats got a fair shake, free of weird Texas politics, mega-money considerations and what ESPN wants. As it is, this game-within-the-games will be decided everywhere but on the field.
    I asked Tommy Tuberville on Tuesday if a UC win Thursday would help its dogged Big 12 pursuit, if only for appearances' sake. Tuberville’s answer knocked me out of my chair:
    “I’d imagine those decisions are already made.’’
    What?Barely a week ago, UC made one final pitch to the Big 12. Was that just for show? Tuberville says he doesn’t know anything definite. He even asked me what I’d heard. I’ve heard as much as the Queen of England.
    The UC coach figures there’s a decent chance the league won’t expand at all. Or, you know, maybe it could merge with the AFC South and negotiate to host a Super Bowl in Lubbock.
    In Big12World, a huge win by Houston over conference stud Oklahoma is seen as hurting the Cougars' chances of admission. Houston has become more of a threat to the 12’s lesser lights, i.e. anyone not named Texas or Oklahoma. The rich recruiting mines of metro Houston and east Texas would be less available to current conference schools if Houston joined the league, and even though Houston is a huge TV market, its proximity to most of the conference’s heavier hitters limits the Big 12’s earning power.
    As Kansas State offensive coordinator Dana Dimel explained to the Wichita Eagle, "If they get into the Big 12, they will be tough to beat in recruiting because of the proximity. I can’t believe anybody would want Houston." And this guy used to be the Cougars head coach.
    Got it?
    Me, neither.
    When talking to UC insiders, the phrase most often heard is “we check all the boxes.’’ Cincinnati is not a threat to anyone wanting to recruit the Houston area. It’s a decent-sized and untapped TV market, its academics are worthy, it would open up the Ohio prep pipeline, it would provide a rival/travel partner for West Virginia.
    BYU is roundly dismissed, apparently. (Everything is Apparently in Big12World.) The Cougars are seen as controlling. Their anti-LGBT stance is a headache Big 12 presidents don’t want, their refusal to play on Sundays (a factor in nonrevenue sports) is a pain, their far-flung location a problem. Hey, kids, let’s fly from Morgantown to Provo for a volleyball match! Then fly straight back!
    After the ‘Cats and the two ‘Coogs, who checks lots of boxes?
    Maybe no one. Apparently.
    You’d like to think a big showing Thursday night would smooth UC’s path. Apparently not. Evidently.
    “It’s your body of work,’’ Tuberville said. "This is one game. A lot is on the line, but this is not do or die. We could end up playing (Houston) at the end of the year’’ in the AAC title game.
    Even without any Big 12 implications, it’s the Bearcats biggest game since they were Tebow-ed in the Sugar Bowl six years ago. The Cougars are big time by any measure, 13-1 last year, with one of the best QBs in quasi-am football. Says the stats-driven website collegefootballfocus, of Greg Ward Jr.:
    "Speed is the hallmark of his game. A tiny breakdown in positioning and a hesitation on defense and he can punish you for a huge gain.
    "Legitimate passing talent. (Can) make all the throws. Also shows an impressive aptitude to vary his passes and throw with touch and arc when necessary.’’
    Says Tuberville, simplifying:
    “Johnny Manziel at Houston. (Oklahoma) couldn’t tackle him.’’It’s a huge game at Ol’ Lady Nip. Even if it has no bearing on any Big 12 expansion plan.
    Apparently.

chico2663

Now the dregs of the 12 don't want houston in because they wouldn't be able to recruit in talent rich city of houston. I don't think they will add anyone. If they do it will be uc and one of the fla schools

brewski
    brewski's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by htrain34 View Post
    If ECU had a TV market they would still be considered. If it was just on the field and attendance they would be a shoe in with Houston to get into the Big 12.

I would love to see what ECU would become if they even got into a power 5 conference. They will be a great ATS play this year. Go Pirates!
    I appreciate your kind words. The on the field performance could have been so much more over the last few years. We lost a lot of winnable games, especially in conference. I also will never get over the season that could have been 2 years ago with Carden and Hardy. We realistically could have had an undefeated regular season and could have been in the talks of going to the first playoff. While I'm confident we wouldn't have been selected, all that press for all those weeks would have been huge for our program in terms of name brand recognition and recruiting. That would have benefited us for years.

While I'm biased certainly, being a 2x ECU grad, the TV market situation isn't as bad as it seems. While Greenville itself is insignificant, we already pull very well in the other nearby major markets, the triangle, the triad, Charlotte and Hampton Roads. We also do well in the entire eastern part of the state, which while spread out, accounts for a decent number of people. Playing better opponents would help and I truly believe we could be the top football draw in all these markets in a major conference. Basketball is a different story, as this will always be ACC country for that. I have serious doubts that USF and UCF would ever be better than 3rd or 4th in their own markets that they get so much credit for.
    Unfortunately, the people making these decisions can't see this.

Our academic rankings and god awful basketball hurt us quite a bit as well. While I will admit that there are a few better options, I don't feel that we should be as far down the list as we were here or when the old Big East was expanding.
    Last edited by brewski; 09-17-16 at 01:11 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The University of Houston's campaign to join the Big 12 Conference was crushed Monday by the league's presidents, who ruled out expansion without discussing the merits of any individual applicants, including the confident, fast-rising Cougars.
    Bob Bowlsby, the Big 12's commissioner, and University of Oklahoma president David Boren, president of the league's board of directors, said the Big 12 CEOs voted unanimously against expansion. They said individual candidates, including UH and Rice, were never discussed during a six-hour meeting Sunday and Monday.
    "We all came to a unanimous decision that this was not the right time (for expansion)," Boren said. "All the information generated was not wasted effort. They (candidate schools) presented themselves in a very fine light, and we appreciate them."

http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/...is-9976688.php

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What a fukkin attention whoring waste of everyone's time. Enjoy not having a playoff team again

AngryMale
    AngryMale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

These conferences are useless nowadays.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

AngryMale
    AngryMale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Hey NCAAF, what happened to

TRADITION?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Misprint. What it should have read was: "Bob Bowlsby, the Big 12's commissioner and the University of Texas Whore, and University of Oklahoma president David Boren," Obviously those two schools want out of the Big 12.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

The best thing A&M ever did was join the SEC. Houston & east Texas are SEC country now. Just imagine if A&M ever won anything...

texas is left blowing in the breeze. Use to be that program would make the coach. Not the case anymore. They're fighting off more than the rival schools around them now and they can't even see it

Not expanding is dumb. Texas isn't going to the SEC so unless they opt to be independent or join the PAC 12, growing the big 12 brand and fighting off SEC presence should be the long term plan.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Texas would never win an SEC Crown. Not with teams like Alabama, A&M, LSU, and Florida there. OU would stand a much better chance. Now here is a wild thought. Suppose the Pac 12 decides to put the screws to the Big 12 (-2). They can easily do so by taking a team like Houston and a team like San Diego State and becoming the Pac 14. So you have four of the "Power 5" Conferences with 14 teams (14 1/2 for the ACC) and the Big 12-2 with only 10. Bye Bye Big 12-2.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Only smart thing they have done. Was going to be a disaster.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said he's had talks with his presidents about contract extension beyond 2019 and is 'amendable with that.'

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Big 12 dodged a fukkin bullet with Houston

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

They should go after Colorado St or Nevada. No reason to add another Texas school

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

How about that guy with all that Cincinnati nonsense good Christ

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I said it years ago, I guess not this thread

All join power conferences

Realize they need to break apart in 20 years

In another 30 they rejoin again