Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Georgia lottery winner murdered during home invasion

FITZGERALD, Ga. -
    A recent winner of the Georgia Lottery was killed during a home invasion overnight on Thursday, reports CBS affiliate WRBL.

20-year-old Craigory Burch, Jr. won more than $400,000 in November 2015. Authorities from Ben Hill County say Burch died from gunshot wounds.
    Burch's girlfriend told local TV station WALB that Burch pleaded with three masked (Seaweed check in) men before they shot and killed him.

"When they came in, he said, 'don't do it bro. Don't do it in front of my kids. Please don't do it in front of my kids and old lady. Please don't do that bro. Please don't," Jasmine Hendricks told the station.
    Police have not identified suspects in the case.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Damm RIP

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Damn, that's cold.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Gotta up and leave home asap. Can't stay home anymore. Get up and get out

stevek173

This guy is the exact reason why you should be able to remain anonymous if you win but the government wants to show that they didn't pocket it.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Obama will have a speech on this matter

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    He will blame the gun and not the thugs because we all know guns kill people on their own

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post

He will blame the gun and not the thugs because we all know guns kill people on their own

why dont yall shut the fukk up

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

guy dies and yall still gotta be shitheads man

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Should have relocated as soon as he won that $$$.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    This guy is the exact reason why you should be able to remain anonymous if you win but the government wants to show that they didn't pocket it.
    Never understood that either, Id request anonymity if I could, they probably dont allow that though knowing that these type things will happen and also everybody and their mama will be looking for a handout, I saw a show some years back on lottery winners who wished they had never won it, all had basically lost all and were in debt.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Here are some more details....Fkng animals!

FITZGERALD, GA (WALB) - A forklift operator who recently won a nearly half-million dollar Georgia lottery jackpot was killed overnight Thursday during a home invasion robbery, investigators confirmed.
    Officials said 20-year-old Craigory Burch, Jr. died from gunshot wounds at a home on Stubbs Avenue.
    Burch had won a $434,272 Fantasy 5 jackpot in November 2015.
    Once on scene, GBI agents spent the overnight hours collecting evidence from the home.

Investigators said Burch's girlfriend, Jasmine Hendricks, was in the home at the time and ran for help.
    A shotgun blast blew open the door and three masked, armed men ran in, she said.
    "When they came in, he said, 'don't do it bro. Don't do it in front of my kids. Please don't do it in front of my kids and old lady. Please don't do that bro. Please don't. He said I'll give you my bank card," Hendricks recalled.
    That's when Burch threw his pants to the robbers, who looked for but couldn't find his wallet.
    Then they shot and killed him before running away.
    Burch's mother Leslie Collins relayed an emotional message for those responsible in the killing.
    "I want them to know what they took from me. They took a part of my life away from me. My child that I carried and raised for 20 years," she said.
    Authorities said they were following leads and interviewing people, but they have still not named persons of interests or suspects in this case.
    Friends of Burch said that he had recently used some of his winnings to buy Christmas presents for people in need.

GA considers anonymity option for lottery winners
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 01-22-16 at 04:23 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

That's what happens when you don't pay your local bookie on time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sad

Fukkin animals

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Damn tribe mentality. If we can't have it, no one can.

stevek173

you could be next coach except for you it'd be an old woman whom you pushed out of a seat at a slot machine, and her homies

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

One of the reasons Lottery winners should remain anonymous...only a handful of states have the law allowing winners to remain so if they win which is screwed up

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

I think he knew they were coming for him. Why would he beg for his life to be not taken in front of his kids. Instead of offering them money or something. Is there more to the story? do you guys think?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

[QUOTE=blackHIPPY;25188059]why dont yall shut the fukk up[/QUOTE

You Fukk! Who you taking to you Fukk

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So this guy was still living in the ghetto area of Georgia after winning the lottery?

Unreal.

stevek173

Not to mention shotgun blast to open the door uncalled for.

You just blasted the man of the house and the door. Now who's gonna fix that shit?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    I think he knew they were coming for him. Why would he beg for his life to be not taken in front of his kids. Instead of offering them money or something. Is there more to the story? do you guys think?
    Possible but I think if someone shoots your door in you know its serious business.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    My guess is his girlfriend is in on it. She wanted the money all to herself so she hired these cats to take care of it. It's only a matter of time before the cops find the guys and they all start rolling over on each other trying to get a deal. It will be a Dateline story in a year. Greed is the ultimate life destroyer.

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Possible but I think if someone shoots your door in you know its serious business.
    Yeah I mean if the follow up to that is "yo you watchin the game?" probably talking about the door before crackin open beers.

jtoler

There's a good chance he didnt know them, the dialogue given is what anybody would say before being threatened with death, there was more than likely quite a bit of dialogue than what's given, like "What the heck", "Who are yall?" and so forth, I'd like to know if they got any money and if they were in the process of trying to still get some money but had to run because of needing to escape because of neighbors or hearing others coming close to the scene.
    '

'

unde0087
    Did we win?

There's a good chance he didnt know them, the dialogue given is what anybody would say before being threatened with death, there was more than likely quite a bit of dialogue than what's given, like "What the heck", "Who are yall?" and so forth, I'd like to know if they got any money and if they were in the process of trying to still get some money but had to run because of needing to escape because of neighbors or hearing others coming close to the scene.
    '

'
    Pretty suspicious that they would go through all that trouble to shoot the door in and say they want money but then leave without even his wallet that quickly, shooting the guy before even getting a penny from him. Doesn't add up, this looks more like a hit to me, not too many robbers are going to go through that much trouble to come away with nothing.

stevek173

maybe a really ugly doorknob

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

well if the robbers didnt have a gun on them you'd think he'd still be alive

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Pretty suspicious that they would go through all that trouble to shoot the door in and say they want money but then leave without even his wallet that quickly, shooting the guy before even getting a penny from him. Doesn't add up, this looks more like a hit to me, not too many robbers are going to go through that much trouble to come away with nothing.
    Ya first thing investigators will look at is who gets the money if he dies.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Wow you hit the state lotto Nov 30th for over 430k...January 21st (less than 2 months later) you're shot to death...damn he barely had time to deposit the check.

jtoler

Thats why I said maybe they had to leave earlier than expected because of hearing something or people closing in, I mean somebody had to hear the shotgun blast and probably yelling on top of it. Everybody knew he won the lottery so knowing where he lived was easy to find out. They probably watched him, knew there was just a female and kids, but they probably also did get some money, I dont see in the story where it says they didnt.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    Nope. Many other things to kill with besides they could have just as well beat him to death.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    Ya because no one has ever been killed in a home invasion by a knife or get beat to death. They were obviously there to do harm no matter what they brought to the house. By the sounds of it they where definitely not there to ask for a loan.

stevek173

Thats why I said maybe they had to leave earlier than expected because of hearing something or people closing in
    Prob realized Popeyes was closing soon
    Points Awarded:

buford7979 gave stevek173 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Could it be a case of mistaken identity? Could the hit have been ordered on Gregory instead? This looks like a hit and not a robbery.

123 Last