opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Who here has an Apple Watch??

My mother-in-law bought both my wife and myself an Apple Watch for Christmas. I was pretty surprised, as this is not something I would have ever considered buying for myself. At first I was really skeptical, but seeing how excited she was to give it to me, I knew returning it wasn't an option.

After messing around with it for a couple of weeks....I can admit that I kind of like it. I wore a Fitbit prior to this, and I've gotten to the point now I'm using the Apple Watch entirely in its place. It's fitness tracker far exceeds the Fitbit, imo. I don't sleep in it, but I didn't wear my Fitbit at night either. I rarely use the phone feature, because I still feel like you look like a complete douche talking into your watch. I have had a couple of instances where my phone was in my truck or whatever, and I took a quick call. It worked great. Texts work well also. Overall, id have to say that I have become a fan.

Curious if any others out there use one as well, and what the overall opinions are?? Do tell....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

opie, are you a 15 year old girl, pal???

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    opie, are you a 15 year old girl, pal???
    Why? Is that the general consensus of Apple Watch wearers?

This is a serious discussion, Nino.

P.S. Enjoy another infraction, motherfukker. Well on your way to a cool down period.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

I once had a watch back in the early 90s when I didn't carry a cell phone that told me the time.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

I don't have one but I don't know anyone that dislikes them...plus yours was free so that's a plus

I don't like wearing watches personally

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Bought it on day 1 and love it.
    Love that I can set push alerts for scores and don't have to keep pulling out my phone to check stuff

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Why? Is that the general consensus of Apple Watch wearers?

This is a serious discussion, Nino.

P.S. Enjoy another infraction, motherfukker. Well on your way to a cool down period.
    If one of my buddies was wearing an apple watch, I'd slap the shit out of him. You need a watch that tells time and is a phone because your phone doesn't do that? Seems repetitive and another lame invention that apple is using to bilk you out of cash in lieu of creativity. RIP Steve Jobs

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Opie how many calories do you burn masturbating

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I actually like it, thought it might just be something I wear for the first two weeks, then gets old... but no, I still put it on, I just like the clock faces, and Fitbit aspect... and a few cool features, like pinging your phone if it's not in your immediate sight, or answering your phone from the watch, which can be useful if your driving and stuff like that.. Overall, good... I didn't get it new either tho, bought it on eBay slightly used for half the price.. It's been rolling strong for months now, cheers..

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

My mother-in-law bought both my wife and myself an Apple Watch for Christmas. I was pretty surprised, as this is not something I would have ever considered buying for myself. At first I was really skeptical, but seeing how excited she was to give it to me, I knew returning it wasn't an option.

After messing around with it for a couple of weeks....I can admit that I kind of like it. I wore a Fitbit prior to this, and I've gotten to the point now I'm using the Apple Watch entirely in its place. It's fitness tracker far exceeds the Fitbit, imo. I don't sleep in it, but I didn't wear my Fitbit at night either. I rarely use the phone feature, because I still feel like you look like a complete douche talking into your watch. I have had a couple of instances where my phone was in my truck or whatever, and I took a quick call. It worked great. Texts work well also. Overall, id have to say that I have become a fan.

Curious if any others out there use one as well, and what the overall opinions are?? Do tell....
    Ummmm.... Opie, just wearing an Apple watch makes you look like a complete douche.

But if you are happy with it then who cares what people think of you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Opie, Apple Watch is a very Metrosexual accessory to have.

Do I like the technology behind it? Yes, I do - I think it's fantastic!...Would I wear something like this on the regular basis? Probably not....unless you live in the Silicon Valley and say work for Apple in Cupertino.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Opie do you check scores on your apple watch while getting your tips frosted?

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

My 15 year old brother just got one for his birthday. Waste of $ and tiny screen, absolutely pointless if you already have an iPhone. Id rather have a nice watch on my wrist

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

I always assume the person to be a douche rocking one of those things, no offence. Never used one so can't justify my stereotyping..

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i always wore taghauer even before tiger. the guys that wear apple are people that were the band geeks. not saying you opie because you get it.But let me phrase it this way; I wouldn't want a apple wearing guy having my back in a bar fight.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Opie where do you do your tanning?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

I was just checking out the newest model:

Attachment 88131
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake, and El Nino

opie1988

I don't disagree with any of these comments.(except for Gaucho's hateful comment, for which he's been infracted)

I do have a nice Rolex that I wear whenever dressing up is needed, but I had gotten to the point that I was wearing my Fitbit regularly, and this has simply replaced it. In regards to caring what others think, I'm way too old for that to be an issue. I was just wanting some feedback on others opinions. Mainly because I'm shocked that I've actually gotten to like the fukkin thing.

Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave opie1988 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Always had same thoughts as others but it's interesting that everyone who bad mouthed it here (from what I can tell) never owned it, just thinks your a douche for wearing it. I sort of feel that way too but the more I read about it the more I like it. Plus everyone who checked in here w it loved it.

I travel a lot and know guys can have their boarding passes on there. The score thing is awesome. Love my Fitbit so that's interesting. I think in the next few years they will become more mainstream and you will see a lot more people adopting them.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I was just checking out the newest model:

Attachment 88131
    Lmfao, basically

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Opie did you know that when the Apple Watch is in a known Wi-Fi hotspot it can perform the most essential online functions even when your phone is unavailable? It can query Siri, for example, send and receive texts, and send/receive drawings and tap patterns to other watch owners. Making and receiving phone calls on the Watch without an iPhone isn’t a possibility because this feature actually routes calls through your iPhone’s cellular network...but you can do basic shit without your iPhone.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I rarely use the phone feature, because I still feel like you look like a complete douche talking into your watch. I have had a couple of instances where my phone was in my truck or whatever, and I took a quick call.
    Opie don't bullsh#$ us pal. You got excited acting like David Hasselhoff and sh#$ talking to Kitt.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I stole Opie's Rolex when I was in town for the Eagles / Cowboys game
    Attached Images  

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Opie did you know that when the Apple Watch is in a known Wi-Fi hotspot it can perform the most essential online functions even when your phone is unavailable? It can query Siri, for example, send and receive texts, and send/receive drawings and tap patterns to other watch owners. Making and receiving phone calls on the Watch without an iPhone isn’t a possibility because this feature actually routes calls through your iPhone’s cellular network...but you can do basic shit without your iPhone.
    Yes, I've done all of the above. I actually use Siri on it quite a bit. I'll tell her to set an alarm at a certain time to remind me of something, and when that time comes, it pulses on my wrist to alert me. It's killer.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I don't disagree with any of these comments.(except for Gaucho's hateful comment, for which he's been infracted)

I do have a nice Rolex that I wear whenever dressing up is needed, but I had gotten to the point that I was wearing my Fitbit regularly, and this has simply replaced it. In regards to caring what others think, I'm way too old for that to be an issue. I was just wanting some feedback on others opinions. Mainly because I'm shocked that I've actually gotten to like the fukkin thing.

Agreed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

OMG

Opie a tech geek

Kid buys what he wants

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Jj you would look fresh with an Apple Watch on your wrist man

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Dwight, you should upgrade to the latest version.

Stop living in 2015, pal.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

jjgold

Opie how old are you man??

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Opie how old are you man??
    46 a week from today.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold

Thanks Les

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4972

Put a stainless band on mine and get more compliments on it than I do on the Tag Carrera. My automatics stay in the winder more than I wear them since I bought it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Real men don't wear watches.

12 Last