SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

GREG1021
    GREG1021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

He's done a great job at Bama...however this would be the first job he's actually earned, and I'm still not sold on him.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Would be great to see. Tank that franchise into the gutter.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by GREG1021 View Post
    He's done a great job at Bama...however this would be the first job he's actually earned, and I'm still not sold on him.
    Kind of easy to look good when he is calling plays for an offense with elite talent at every position compared to the defenses he faces. Different when he goes to a place where he doesn't have the advantage anymore

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19225

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Kind of easy to look good when he is calling plays for an offense with elite talent at every position compared to the defenses he faces. Different when he goes to a place where he doesn't have the advantage anymore
    Well Said!

I wonder what the tie in is to Chip Kelly? Why would Chip Kelly think Kiffin is the best choice for a read option offense in the pros???

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Lane needs all star caliber players for his calls to work.

Guy isn't worth a piss.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Who cares the team is gonna be shyte for the next half decade if not more regardless.

Well I guess many people care because people love the hate the Niners. So enjoy!

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Well Said!

I wonder what the tie in is to Chip Kelly? Why would Chip Kelly think Kiffin is the best choice for a read option offense in the pros???
    There were confirmed reports of Kelly visiting with Saban and Kiffin the week prior to the championship game. Maybe the deal was being discussed right before the HC job was accepted by Chip?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Who cares the team is gonna be shyte for the next half decade if not more regardless.

Well I guess many people care because people love the hate the Niners. So enjoy!
    A month ago I would've agreed with you but this could be a good move for the roster they currently have. A guy like Quinton Patton could be a huge sleeper next year if Lane is calling the plays.

And don't forget the Rams lost their biggest advantage moving back to the PST timezone so NFC west could be only a 3 horse race

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bama assistants getting out while they can. Sabans last year may be approaching