eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    What on earth are you talking about.

Guy owned two decades and was relevant in four more .

Las Vegas stars? Stick to beiber kid.
    Fame and Lets Dance are the only two songs I really liked of his.
    Yes he had a lot of decent songs for a long period of time, but I'll put it this way: no one ever asks for a David Bowie song or talks about him. I'm in my mid 30s, and I'm guessing people that are in their late 40s and in their 50s love this guy because he was huge when they were young, so nostalgia has a huge influence on them, just like it does with everyone.
    My friends that are still 20-something made remarks about how he will be missed, yet they never talked about him or his music. That was my point.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

One of my favorite DB songs...

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Fame and Lets Dance are the only two songs I really liked of his.
    Yes he had a lot of decent songs for a long period of time, but I'll put it this way: no one ever asks for a David Bowie song or talks about him. I'm in my mid 30s, and I'm guessing people that are in their late 40s and in their 50s love this guy because he was huge when they were young, so nostalgia has a huge influence on them, just like it does with everyone.
    My friends that are still 20-something made remarks about how he will be missed, yet they never talked about him or his music. That was my point.
    That's cool I'm a little younger than you and only like his late 60s early 70s stuff.

It doesn't matter how old you are really his music will be timeless which imo puts him in the greatness category.

He changed pop music and did it with class and style.

Looking back there's been very few who actually made music in so many different genres and still created ground breaking music. Off the the top of my head I can only think of two which are the Beatles and the Stones, that's how good this guy was.

Ground control to major tom.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

sound and vision

None of you mentioned David's best song, so here goes, best for last.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

vanilla ice owes bowie his career

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Rest in peace

First ... 2345