DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

Points Awarded:

SBRMAN23 gave DwightShrute 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I remember this.

Cheers!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This guy was tremendous as you can see by all the legends that are coming out and supporting

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Bowie knew his team was near and this last album was a parting gift. Incredible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ed-finale.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

David Bowie made 70 years of age and that's decent especially considering he was a chain smoker from what I heard.. Reminds me of Leonard Nimoy.. Cigarettes did them both an injustice in the end...

Tobacco cigarette companies created a cancer stick that is proven addictive, promoted them over the years advertising how cool it was to smoke..

My personal opinion is the tobacco companies should be held accountable for every lung cancer related death and banned completely.. Cigarettes are arguably more harmful then drugs and alcohol, but it's all brushed under the table...

Why cigarettes are not illegal like hard drugs I'll never understand? What is really terrible is that people that don't smoke that have breathed in second hand smoke have suffered ill effects as well...

Shame on the Tobacco industry!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-11-16 at 03:22 PM.
    Points Awarded:

trytrytry gave JIBBBY 33 Betpoint(s) for this post.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

All I know about him is his acting in Labyrinth

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

RIP. One talented guy.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

if he didn't post here, thread should be in saloon

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bowie knew his team was near and this last album was a parting gift. Incredible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ed-finale.html
    It just shows how great of an artist he really was

BORG
    Update your status
    BORG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Gay. Straight. Who cares.. Legend...RIP...

DwightShrute

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Name:  CYdE9GGUAAEhVxI.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  107.6 KB

Not good timing for that article.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post

Not good timing for that article.
    That was Bettye LaVette's big chance too.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: manny24

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

This one, Nash?

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

R.i.p

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I admire people that aren't afraid of change. We all get so comfortable in our own little worlds and tend never to adventure outside that box.. Appears DB ventured outside that box in a big way..

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    David Bowie made 70 years of age and that's decent especially considering he was a chain smoker from what I heard.. Reminds me of Leonard Nimoy.. Cigarettes did them both an injustice in the end...

Tobacco cigarette companies created a cancer stick that is proven addictive, promoted them over the years advertising how cool it was to smoke..

My personal opinion is the tobacco companies should be held accountable for every lung cancer related death and banned completely.. Cigarettes are arguably more harmful then drugs and alcohol, but it's all brushed under the table...

Why cigarettes are not illegal like hard drugs I'll never understand? What is really terrible is that people that don't smoke that have breathed in second hand smoke have suffered ill effects as well...

This is an excellent post.

I know majority of everyone smokes... and it's a hard habit to break. In our younger years... our bodies can recover from the abuse we put it through. Once we cross the line and start getting into our 50's I would imagine it's a different ball game. Anything poisonous you put in your body could cost you your life... but we don't question this until it happens to us... CANCER.

My mom passed away from cancer... was a smoker ever since she was 16 years old. Never tried to quit. When you get in your 60's... how is your body suppose to recover? It's practically impossible?

My dad quit smoking at 61 or 62.. can't remember. My dad is 85 now and was never diagnosed with cancer. He said he believes 100% that quitting smoking saved extra years on the back end of his life.

The choice is yours to make whoever reads this... you want to live... or die?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    This is an excellent post.

I know majority of everyone smokes... and it's a hard habit to break. In our younger years... our bodies can recover from the abuse we put it through. Once we cross the line and start getting into our 50's I would imagine it's a different ball game. Anything poisonous you put in your body could cost you your life... but we don't question this until it happens to us... CANCER.

My mom passed away from cancer... was a smoker ever since she was 16 years old. Never tried to quit. When you get in your 60's... how is your body suppose to recover? It's practically impossible?

My dad quit smoking at 61 or 62.. can't remember. My dad is 85 now and was never diagnosed with cancer. He said he believes 100% that quitting smoking saved extra years on the back end of his life.

The choice is yours to make whoever reads this... you want to live... or die?

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Nasher calling me a "fake", "Phony" and a "fraud" Tell me where exactly i'am any of the aforementioned.

Your just butt-hurt because your idol a homosexual quen died. You have no moral compass like many in today's man neutered society. Hey, celebrate your Homosexual idol today and go put your makeup on, do a line and have your boyfriend push in your shit when you get home from your shift at the 7-11.
    I'm a huge fan of his music, it truly doesn't matter to me what his sexual preference was. That was his personal business. But his music made generations of oddballs, misfits and outcasts feel like there was a place for them in rock n roll. He was never afraid to be himself.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Yep, Patrick Swayze died at age 57 from pancreatic cancer, chain smoker.. Leonard Nimoy at age 83 and he said he quit I believe in his 60's.. Didn't matter as he got lung cancer and blamed it on cigs... Patrick Swayze blamed his cancer on the cigs too..

Your dad is lucky so far MONEYSHOT but he's not out of the woods if he smoked his entire life and quit in his 60's....

It's no fun dying because you can't breathe anymore.. It's actually a wicked way to die not being able to catch your breathe at the very end...

The horrible imaging anti cig commercials are a step in the right direction that we see on TV.. Hope they keep airing those..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-11-16 at 07:13 PM.

DwightShrute

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Was he a drinker? I thought his cancer was from cigs.. Patrick Swayze had Pancreas cancer but that stemmed from chain cig smoking.. Not sure if liver cancer can come from chain smoking but an entire life time of chain smoking probably contributes to all types of cancers..

DwightShrute

Was he a drinker? I thought his cancer was from cigs.. Patrick Swayze had Pancreas cancer but that stemmed from chain cig smoking.. Not sure if liver cancer can come from chain smoking but an entire life time of chain smoking probably contributes to all types of cancers..
    i automatically assumed it was lung cancer also.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Check out pal.
    First off I have no idol, I worship no false idol.
    Second off Bowie wasn't even my favorite musician or actor. Not even top five, but I recognize pure genius when I see it.
    Third off I don't do coke, or any other hard drug.
    Fourth off, I'm straight and married, but I have no problems with any other persons sexuality, and it's been my experience in life the ones that do protest the most about homosexuality turns out to be one. Hmmm, that raises a question about yourself.
    Lastly, you are indeed a fake, phony and a fraud, there are so many holes in your posts regarding military and world affairs you can drive a Peterbilt through.

Carry on Snoop.
    I must have have hit a cord with you sweet pea and. Look you know nothing about me and strange you've never taken me to task on "Military" or "worldly affairs", but you get all butt hurt when i comment about DB? Yeah, i hit a cord and seems like you have some hidden feelings towards this deviant lifestyle.
    You are the guy who said he knows a lot about military because your Daddy served…correct? i'll tell you now pocket Peter you don't know shit and living vicariously through your Daddies alleged laurels doesn't mean shit.
    Re-read your other post about this mental idiot DB, that's the definition of idolization. If you think DB is a "genius" no telling what you think of Boy George Bruce Jenner or Dennis Rodman, you must have Boy George poster above your bed.
    DB and his contributions to Western civilization is why males in the West are as soft as twinkies. I'll say it with conviction; praising effeminate males and or being an effeminate male goes against God and his law and i resist all that's not approved by the Father.

Carry on with your homosexual love fest

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    I must have have hit a cord with you sweet pea and. Look you know nothing about me and strange you've never taken me to task on "Military" or "worldly affairs", but you get all butt hurt when i comment about DB? Yeah, i hit a cord and seems like you have some hidden feelings towards this deviant lifestyle.
    You are the guy who said he knows a lot about military because your Daddy served…correct? i'll tell you now pocket Peter you don't know shit and living vicariously through your Daddies alleged laurels doesn't mean shit.
    Re-read your other post about this mental idiot DB, that's the definition of idolization. If you think DB is a "genius" no telling what you think of Boy George Bruce Jenner or Dennis Rodman, you must have Boy George poster above your bed.
    DB and his contributions to Western civilization is why males in the West are as soft as twinkies. I'll say it with conviction; praising effeminate males and or being an effeminate male goes against God and his law and i resist all that's not approved by the Father.

Carry on with your homosexual love fest
    Comments like yours go against God.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Freddy Mercury even a bigger legend

Who cares what their personal lives were

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

No way. Bowie a solo genius with a 5 decade career. Bowie's career longer than Freddie's whole life.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Jibbles problem is the industry is so large our whole economy would crash if we just ended it

they need to start growing weed bushes next to the tobacco plants

then one day shut the line down, haul the tobacco and filters out, bring in the kush and start the machines back up

walla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Jibbles problem is the industry is so large our whole economy would crash if we just ended it

they need to start growing weed bushes next to the tobacco plants

then one day shut the line down, haul the tobacco and filters out, bring in the kush and start the machines back up

walla
    Weed doesn't cause cancer as it has healing properties.. I have no problem with weed..

Cig regulations to date - Leaders finally were made to tax the shiit out cigs here in the US, were made to write a small health warning on each cig box via the surgeon general.. Airing anti cig commercials showing people with no teeth or gums, showing people with holes in their throats and people on death beds sucking air thru an O2 tank has brought about awareness.. This all has finally made people aware of the dangers of cigarette smoking... Second hand harmful smoke as well.. It's on the people to quit now..

Years ago this awareness was unknown to the public and people are still dying from cig related cancers today even after quitting years ago... Leonard Nimoy is a clear example of that after quitting 10 years ago..

Shame on the Tobacco industry..

Cig rant over..

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

The Dummies of today's world are too stupid to know what smart is

Bowie was unreal

LEGENDARY SONG HERE

I agree, Coach.

I think I'm in the minority of Bowie fans who thought that his best stuff was done with Nile Rogers (China Girl, Modern Love, Let's Dance).

I mean, I love Ashes To Ashes but I'm definitely partial to the Nile Rogers era.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave TheLock 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Don't be ridiculous mate.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00, trobin31, DwightShrute, El Nino, TheMoneyShot, and manny24

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol^^^http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/celeb...ial-media.html

Speaking of Billy Idol he did tweet this on DB's passing -

Billy Idol @BillyIdol He inspired us to go beyond the norm & reach out & dispel the void of life in 70's England wth r own art forms.... https://twitter.com/marketingm8/status/686458901664018432 …

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-11-16 at 09:05 PM.

First 12345 Last