Betpoints: 273605

RIP

one of the reasons I enjoyed music.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Bowie just uploaded his album to YouTube 3-4 days ago. I think he knew he was going and this album was his final gift. Seems pretty clear listening to it. What a legendary thing to do. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh8...cmVilHjnrE7gNw
    this link works for the album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk1etr2EF_Y

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I was in high school u would just go the stylist and say "Give me the Bowie" Everyone wore their hair in that style.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Music is garbage today

zero talent other than a few

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

RIP

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    He not only changed music but the way you look at artists. One of the first androgynous musicians that demanded your respect, he was that good! I rank him up there with Elvis, he was never afraid to be different. R.I.P.
    Correct, like Ziggy Stardust for instance.

Me, you, all of us use the word genus when it really doesn't apply, but David Bowie was a genius.
    Light years ahead of his time.

For example, he would experiment with microphones on a stand, set them up a particular way, one in back of another creating a gateway echo effect. He was a master utilizing saxophone as well, not overpowering like Clarence and the E-Street Band, but subtle.

Doesn't get enough credit for the motion picture work he did also.

Cankid nailed it, an icon.

Oh sure we poked fun at him when we were kids, but we also owned most of his cassettes also when we were kids.
    Jesus God, look at the string of monster hits, I mean China Doll wasn't even in his top ten of greatest hits.
    Space Oddity, Suffragette City, Young Americans (do you remember your President Nixon), Fame, Hero's (which he did at the concert for NYC in 2001 after 9/11 freaking brought Madison Square Garden's rood down) and on and on and on, monster hit after monster hit.

RIP David, you were a once in a lifetime genius.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Music is garbage today

zero talent other than a few
    very nice

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

"Ground Control to Major Tom"....Space Oddity
    Loved his Work....New Release isn't Bad
    Very Sad News

stevenash

KANYE WEST
    @kanyewest

David Bowie was one of my most important inspirations, so fearless, so creative, he gave us magic for a lifetime.
    2:27 AM - 11 Jan 2016

Madonna
    @Madonna

Im Devastated! This great Artist changed my life! First concert i ever saw in Detroit! R.IP. #rebelheart
    3:59 AM - 11 Jan 2016

Iggy Pop
    @IggyPop

MESSAGE FROM IGGY:"David’s friendship was the light of my life. I never met such a brilliant person. He was the best there is.- Iggy Pop"
    5:00 AM - 11 Jan 2016

Pharrell Williams
    @Pharrell

David Bowie was a true innovator, a true creative. May he rest in peace #RIPDavidBowie
    3:10 AM - 11 Jan 2016

David Cameron
    @David_Cameron

I grew up listening to and watching the pop genius David Bowie. He was a master of re-invention, who kept getting it right. A huge loss.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

the man who fell to earth

jjgold

same as new generation people..most garbage and DUMB

The good people and music was from a different era
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

People calling this homosexual a "Genius" etc. Men today have no sense of what a man is and David Bowie was nothing to look up to.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave recon1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Wow, I saw him in concert as a teenager.. Oh well.. People die, next.....

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    People calling this homosexual a "Genius" etc. Men today have no sense of what a man is and David Bowie was nothing to look up to.
    He was a musical genius pal, check out now piece of shit.
    Coming from a fake, phony, fraud such as yourself I really should not be annoyed though.

jjgold

The Dummies of today's world are too stupid to know what smart is

Bowie was unreal

LEGENDARY SONG HERE

stevenash

Funny thing JJ is China Doll is not even in his top ten.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Yes ...There's something in tha air alright.
    Wowie! Bowie and Weiland Your banality is well documented.

Move along to your great mystery of Bama jumpimg to -7
    MoneyShotter buried.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

jjgold

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

RIP. Incredible artist.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Nasher calling me a "fake", "Phony" and a "fraud" Tell me where exactly i'am any of the aforementioned.

Your just butt-hurt because your idol a homosexual quen died. You have no moral compass like many in today's man neutered society. Hey, celebrate your Homosexual idol today and go put your makeup on, do a line and have your boyfriend push in your shit when you get home from your shift at the 7-11.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Nasher calling me a "fake", "Phony" and a "fraud" Tell me where exactly i'am any of the aforementioned.

Your just butt-hurt because your idol a homosexual quen died. You have no moral compass like many in today's man neutered society. Hey, celebrate your Homosexual idol today and go put your makeup on, do a line and have your boyfriend push in your shit when you get home from your shift at the 7-11.
    "Today's" society? Bowie has been an icon for 50 years.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I saw his Bio.. I don't think he was actually gay if I remember correctly? Was a musical genius for sure, very original with his music which is incredibly rare to see these days..

Pink Floyd was original with it's creativity...

Beck comes to mind with it's original sounds in very recent times.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-11-16 at 10:48 AM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

<figure class="image"> How David Bowie challenged public perceptions of sexuality

<figcaption></figcaption> </figure> As the world mourn’s David Bowie’s death, we look back at the changing personas of the music legend.
    It was announced on social media today that the artist behind Ziggy Stardust had died after an 18-month battle with cancer.
    The star had adopted several personas over the years and made comments about his sexual orientation on several occasions.

His persona Ziggy Stardust, created when he released Space Oddity in 1969, was a bisexual alien rock star. The androgynous figure became a gay icon.
    Of the persona, at the time, he said: “Offstage I’m a robot. Onstage I achieve emotion. It’s probably why I prefer dressing up as Ziggy to being David.”
    His son Dylan Jones recalled: “I can picture the exact moment: my father was away and my mother was out in the garden… So I was alone in a terrace house in Deal watching Top of the Pops.
    “Normally it would have been a forgettable Thursday but I was about to be astounded. It was the first time we were exposed to Ziggy Stardust in all his androgynous glory.”
    Of Top of the Pops, which was then watched by 14 million people, Jones said: “He was a dangerous figure on British TV at a point when television didn’t do danger.
    “41 years ago, it was an extraordinary experience. It didn’t immediately fill me with gay longings – though with some people it did. But nothing was quite the same afterwards.”

The legend married his first wife Angie in 1970 but declared himself as gay in an interview with the now defunct Melody Maker magazine in 1972. Four years later, he told Playboy magazine that he was bisexual. “It’s true—I am a bisexual,” he said. “But I can’t deny that I’ve used that fact very well. I suppose it’s the best thing that ever happened to me.”
    Coming out as bisexual was the “biggest mistake I ever made”, Bowie declared in an interview with Rolling Stone that he was “always a closet heterosexual.”
    Distancing himself from the Ziggy Stardust persona, he said: “That was just a lie. They gave me that image,” he later went on to comment on the hedonistic lifestyle he lived in the 1970s.
    In 1993, Bowie told Rolling Stone magazine: “I didn’t ever feel that I was a real bisexual.” He added that he was “making all the moves, down to the situation of actually trying it out.
    “I wanted to imbue Ziggy with real flesh and blood and muscle, and it was imperative that I find Ziggy and be him. The irony of it was that I was not gay. I was physical about it, but frankly it wasn’t enjoyable.”
    Speaking on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross in 2002, Bowie was asked by the host about his sexual orientation, and whether he thought once you were gay you couldn’t go back to being straight.
    The artist responded: “I was just happy… I just got my leg over a lot.”
    On whether he had relationships with the men in his life, he said: “Not if I could help it. I was incredibly promiscuous, and I think we’ll leave it at that.”
    Avoiding further questions, he joked to Ross: “Why would I go into that when I could make a fortune by writing a book about it.”
    When Jonathan Ross asked whether Bowie thought he should try having sex with a man, Bowie said: “Such a serious and a life-challenging and changing question. The answer that I have for you would probably create such turmoil in your soul. I’m afraid I have to politiely not answer that question.”

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Well according to that write up I guess he was bi-sexual after all and a closet fruit cake.. He did marry a woman so he wasn't a complete fudge packer if that's any constellation..

He certainly wasn't a full BLOWN homo as he didn't die of aids either like Freddy Mercury did..

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Coming from a fake, phony, fraud such as yourself I really should not be annoyed though.
    Don't let Snoopy bother you Nash, his disdain is understandable. That "homosexual" pulled more tail than his hateful ass could ever dream.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

One time Bowie's wife caught him and Mick Jagger together in bed

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-bed-new-book/

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    One time Bowie's wife caught him and Mick Jagger in bed

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...-bed-new-book/

That was big news in England.

stevenash

Check out pal.
    First off I have no idol, I worship no false idol.
    Second off Bowie wasn't even my favorite musician or actor. Not even top five, but I recognize pure genius when I see it.
    Third off I don't do coke, or any other hard drug.
    Fourth off, I'm straight and married, but I have no problems with any other persons sexuality, and it's been my experience in life the ones that do protest the most about homosexuality turns out to be one. Hmmm, that raises a question about yourself.
    Lastly, you are indeed a fake, phony and a fraud, there are so many holes in your posts regarding military and world affairs you can drive a Peterbilt through.

Carry on Snoop.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Fukk off. It's not 1950 anymore.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He certainly wasn't a full BLOWN homo as he didn't die of aids either like Freddy Mercury did..
    I doubt he was even truly bi-sexual.

I'm not going to get into a lengthy diatribe here but if you're a bisexual man, you're just gay. You either like the rooster or you don't.

Bowie "came out" at a time when no gay entertainer would even dream about it. And announcing gayness or bisexuality really fit in with the Ziggy Stardust thing. But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. Freddy Mercury, Elton John, Liberace - like any gay people - always had their lovers. Bowie never really had that. Did have women, wives, and kids though. So I personally think it was a ruse, in keeping with his freakiness. I think it's clear he cared a hell of a lot more about whatever project he was doing and not at all about what the public thought about him. The guy was aces.

I mentioned it before, but David Bowie Five Years is fantastic watching, whether you're a big fan or merely interested.

First 12345 Last