frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Is Peyton Manning playing possum

Right now the public is just focus on how putrid he looked in the Chiefs game when he was playing with one foot. He was not in shape to be in that game, no more then he was in the Colts playoff game last year. I don't think Peyton is selfish enough do that to this team again in the Playoffs.

He had two games this year where he looked like the old Peyton Manning which were both wins. The first game was when he brought the Broncos back down 14-0 to Chiefs to beat them. The 2nd game was when he beat the then 6-0 Packers. Now that he is fully healthy and more then rested, I'm expecting the old Peyton to show for the playoffs.
    Last edited by frostno98; 01-08-16 at 05:28 PM.

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

The old Peyton?? Where they lose to the Pats in the playoffs?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Right now the public is just focus on how putrid he looked in the Chiefs game when he was playing with one foot. He was not in shape to be in that game, no more then he was in the Colts playoff game last year. I don't think Peyton is selfish enough to that to this team again in the Playoffs.

He had two games this year where he looked like the old Peyton Manning which were both wins. The first game was when he brought the Broncos back down 14-0 to Chiefs to beat them. The 2nd game was when he beat the then 6-0 Packers. Now that he is fully healthy and more then rested, I'm expecting the old Peyton to show for the playoffs.
    I expect the OLD Payton to show up in the playoffs. My guess is he gets killed and so do the Broncos.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Right now the public is just focus on how putrid he looked in the Chiefs game when he was playing with one foot. He was not in shape to be in that game, no more then he was in the Colts playoff game last year. I don't think Peyton is selfish enough to that to this team again in the Playoffs.

Selfish enough to do it again. That is the problem. He did it last year. I honestly believe the Broncos miss the playoffs this year if Peyton doesn't fake an injury. He selfishly let Brock ozweiler get them in the playoffs so that he could take the reins IN the playoffs. When the Broncos lose in the playoffs the report will be that Peyton played all year with no shoulders and zero plantar fascia. Excuse city

frostno98

He will be on a short leash you can guarantee it. If he looks anything like the Chiefs game in the first few drives Brock is coming in. I think Peyton knows this is it for him to get to the Super bowl and it's hard to believe that he will not play his very best. I mean he's probably dying to prove himself all over again after hearing all the experts saying he is washed up. I think those two months of rest is huge for him because even Damryuis Thomas is saying Peyton is throwing like his old self during practice this week.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This frostno guy can't be serious. What a clown.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Honestly... I kind of like Denver playing 2 QB's here.

Manning is rested. This is WILD as it gets.

Defense has to prepare for 2 QB's. sh#$ got real

Denver foolish if they don't bring in Manning for a series or two.

frostno98

Dead serious bro. You know how Vegas works, the most hype teams rarely win it all. Right now the Broncos are under the radar and everyone talking Chiefs and Steelers.

t-wizzle

Yea he was playing possum throwing 17 picks in 9 games.

The old Manning? Dude gets his shit pushed in EVERY YEAR in the playoffs. He's the biggest choke artist in NFL history.

Now I do think he has the best team in the AFC right now. He also has a HUGE homefield advantage at Mile High.

If they lose it will be because he played like shit. i.e. "His old self"

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Books have loved denver all year. The weather in denver has been to mannings favor all 3 years and he only allowed it to help him once.

frostno98

The Broncos will not lose the playoffs solely because of him. Kubiak is not going allow it to get out of control, Brock is already on standby. We not see what we see in the Colts game last year where they dare him to beat them with the pass and he couldn't. If he's not up to challenge to make the necessary throws, Brock will be coming in quick.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

QB's don't win playoff games. Good defenses do. And Denver is one of the best in the business west of the Mississippi and east of Las Vegas.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Denver foolish if they don't bring in Manning for a series or two.
    He's going to start the game

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    He's going to start the game
    That's what he meant. Bring him in to start the game for 1-2 series until he gets hit and get hurt.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    QB's don't win playoff games. Good defenses do. And Denver is one of the best in the business west of the Mississippi and east of Las Vegas.
    "QBs don't win playoff games."

Another moron.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    "QBs don't win playoff games."

Another moron.
    Who won last year's Superbowl dumbass?

Tom Brady or the back up Patriots defense player who picked Russel Wilson in red zone.

Stay in your lane if you don't know what you are talking about.

POOLSIDE

That's what he meant. Bring him in to start the game for 1-2 series until he gets hit and get hurt.
    No it isn't

Tom Brady or the back up Patriots defense player who picked Russel Wilson in red zone.

Yeah I'm sure the Pats would have won that game with anyone at quarterback

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    No it isn't

Yeah I'm sure the Pats would have won that game with anyone at quarterback
    Anyone could have won the Superbowl if your back up safety makes a pick in the end zone with no time left on clock.

POOLSIDE

Anyone could have won the Superbowl if your back up safety makes a pick in the end zone with no time left on clock.
    This conversation is too stupid to entertain. That's becoming a theme with you.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

As.swiper gives Broncos no chance. Manning does not have to throw bullets to bring swagger to his team. What worries me is that Broncos D is actually way too overhyped. We'll see, should be fun. I am surprised Broncos are not favored to get to SB.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

i love it when you tell the truth , nice call sir. gl

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

How can you play possum when you have a dead arm. He wasnt faking when he was throwing those ducks. Injured foot, healthy foot whatever, he can be 100% healthy, his arm is still dead and that is the problem. But I agree with frugal about the arm doesnt have to 100% be there, his presence might help and that defense is overhyped, they arnt as good as the names on the defense suggest. Also lets not forget those butter finger receivers, dropping balls with nobody around, dropping balls because of seeing where defender is to try and avoid being pummeled. Still below average running game too.
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-08-16 at 06:31 PM.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

The problem all year has been the offensive line. Losing the blind side and Clady didn't help. It's the reason why Manning is in shotgun formation the majority of the plays, when he was playing, and the same reason why the running game sucked. Insert Brock and the entire offense changed, running and him being under center. With a bad offensive line, it's probably best to have a mobile QB and not Manning with covered dunk passes. Bad feeling it will be a one and done with Manning starting.

t-wizzle

Brady led them back from a 10 point 4th quarter deficit against the best defense of the last 10-15 years. Do you seriously forget that?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Denver does not get past either Pitt or Cincinnati. Brock is nowhere near the QB that Big Ben is. Cincinnati's D is too good for Denver.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Denver does not get past either Pitt or Cincinnati. Brock is nowhere near the QB that Big Ben is. Cincinnati's D is too good for Denver.
    Same can be said about Denver's def...so they say

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

The problem with As.swiper is that he has no experience. Moreover, although he looked OK in some games, he also has this "deer in the headlights" look that drives me mad. I'd say he is almost as hapless as the retarded Ryan Reynolds. And I think, the O-line dudes do understand that. Did you see how energized they looked when Manning stepped on the field last game ? Manning brings in a legitimate winning experience, as much as you might hate his noodle arms.

Anyway, for the Broncos to go far, their D needs to deliver. I am not too worried about Manning, I am more worried about the D.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JMon