Man, oakland losing the warriors to SF now the Raiders to L.A

http://kron4.com/2016/01/04/oakland-...-angeles-area/

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    Man, oakland losing the warriors to SF now the Raiders to L.A

http://kron4.com/2016/01/04/oakland-...-angeles-area/

It comes down to the owners vote. All 3 teams aren't moving (to LA at least).......it will be interesting to hear what deals are made and which teams actually move.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

As a lifelong Los Angeles resident, I'd love to have an nfl team. But here's the thing. We need to have one nfl team. Not two. We tried two before, it didn't work.

As far as fanbases go, with the exception of the Lakers who we are deeply in love with, we're probably the least loyal of any city in professional sports. And even that Lakers love will begin to dissipate if they don't get some big name free agents.

If you're doing well, we'll go to the games and buy jerseys etc. For evidence, look no further than the current versions of the Clippers, Dodgers, and Kings. But let's not forget where these teams were before they got decent for the last few years.

Prior to their recent successes, these teams have all been garbage for at least the last decade. The Kings never had a championship and hadn't been relevant since Gretzky. The Dodgers still haven't won anything since the 80's, but at least they've been a top five team the last few seasons. The Clippers are the most pathetic, inept franchise in professional sports but for the last several years they've at least been a threat to possibly make the wcf.

However, when these three teams were basement dwellers, nobody went to the games. I've seen homeless dudes trying to sell Clippers tickets outside of Staples for ten percent of face value. I've been offered Dodgers tickets for filling up my gas tank, and politely declined them. It's la. We seriously don't give a shit. I know other cities get super concerned and supportive when their teams are struggling. We do not. When I was growing up in the 90's, we could grab $8 Dodgers tickets to any game on zero notice.

Point being, we aren't a loyal enough fanbase to divide what little love there is between two teams. Outside of serious sports fans, no one has an affinity to any of the teams that may move here. The casual fan doesn't care. They'll "love" whoever we get, whether it's the Chargers, Rams, or Raiders. But if we get two, all that love is cut in half between the two teams. It's an incredibly stupid business model.

The other thing to consider is our demographic. I'm a Raiders fan, but I sincerely hope they don't end up here. The Hispanic gangsters looooove the Raiders, and they're the worst people to attend a sporting event with. Anyone who's been to a Dodgers game can back me up when I say that it sucks. A bunch of trashy tatted up drunk idiots staring each other down while they throw up gang signs and almost come to blows. It's pathetic. And god forbid you're a fan of the opposing team and end up sitting next to the wrong dude. Have fun with that. Give me the Rams or Chargers any day, and let's hope they hike the ticket prices way up to keep those losers out.
    Points Awarded:

mikewlgm gave POOLSIDE 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Reno_Thor gave POOLSIDE 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who cares???

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Who cares???
    Who cares about an nfl franchise relocating? Among others, sports fans and sports gamblers sure do care. Thanks for the useless response though.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How far is LA from Oakland? Fans will drive there on game day. Relax.

zlaroc
    zlaroc's Avatar Become A Pro!

bye raiders!!!

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

We aren't leaving. Shut the fukk up

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

They need to relocate...that stadium is terrible and Oakland doesn't want to build a new one. San Diego the same way.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    As a lifelong Los Angeles resident, I'd love to have an nfl team. But here's the thing. We need to have one nfl team. Not two. We tried two before, it didn't work.

As far as fanbases go, with the exception of the Lakers who we are deeply in love with, we're probably the least loyal of any city in professional sports. And even that Lakers love will begin to dissipate if they don't get some big name free agents.

If you're doing well, we'll go to the games and buy jerseys etc. For evidence, look no further than the current versions of the Clippers, Dodgers, and Kings. But let's not forget where these teams were before they got decent for the last few years.

Prior to their recent successes, these teams have all been garbage for at least the last decade. The Kings never had a championship and hadn't been relevant since Gretzky. The Dodgers still haven't won anything since the 80's, but at least they've been a top five team the last few seasons. The Clippers are the most pathetic, inept franchise in professional sports but for the last several years they've at least been a threat to possibly make the wcf.

However, when these three teams were basement dwellers, nobody went to the games. I've seen homeless dudes trying to sell Clippers tickets outside of Staples for ten percent of face value. I've been offered Dodgers tickets for filling up my gas tank, and politely declined them. It's la. We seriously don't give a shit. I know other cities get super concerned and supportive when their teams are struggling. We do not. When I was growing up in the 90's, we could grab $8 Dodgers tickets to any game on zero notice.

Point being, we aren't a loyal enough fanbase to divide what little love there is between two teams. Outside of serious sports fans, no one has an affinity to any of the teams that may move here. The casual fan doesn't care. They'll "love" whoever we get, whether it's the Chargers, Rams, or Raiders. But if we get two, all that love is cut in half between the two teams. It's an incredibly stupid business model.

The other thing to consider is our demographic. I'm a Raiders fan, but I sincerely hope they don't end up here. The Hispanic gangsters looooove the Raiders, and they're the worst people to attend a sporting event with. Anyone who's been to a Dodgers game can back me up when I say that it sucks. A bunch of trashy tatted up drunk idiots staring each other down while they throw up gang signs and almost come to blows. It's pathetic. And god forbid you're a fan of the opposing team and end up sitting next to the wrong dude. Have fun with that. Give me the Rams or Chargers any day, and let's hope they hike the ticket prices way up to keep those losers out.
    good post, but NFL hates seeing L.A. essentially have 2 teams in baseball, basketball, and hockey.

NFL would be wise to only allow Kroenke to build in Inglewood. down the line, depending on how well the Rams do in that location, a different owner can always make a deal with Kroenke to share the stadium.

Carson is an utter shithole and under no conditions should house an NFL team, much less two. and from the same division no less? comical idea.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oakland the New Brooklyn basically in 5 years

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    good post, but NFL hates seeing L.A. essentially have 2 teams in baseball, basketball, and hockey.

NFL would be wise to only allow Kroenke to build in Inglewood. down the line, depending on how well the Rams do in that location, a different owner can always make a deal with Kroenke to share the stadium.

Carson is an utter shithole and under no conditions should house an NFL team, much less two. and from the same division no less? comical idea.
    Inglewood and Carson are basically the same thing. I really wish they'd come up with a way to build a stadium closer to downtown.

As for the other sports essentially having two teams, I get it. But for people from la, it's not like that at all. I would never ever ever under any circumstances associate Orange County with Los Angeles. It's over an hour away with no traffic, which means two to three hours between 8am-8pm. I couldn't tell you the last time I was in orange county. I've been out of the country multiple times more recently than I got stuck going down to oc. Don't get me started on the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".
    Last edited by POOLSIDE; 01-05-16 at 11:22 PM.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How far is LA from Oakland? Fans will drive there on game day. Relax.
    Six hours each way without traffic. I hope you're kidding.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Inglewood and Carson are basically the same thing. I really wish they'd come up with a way to build a stadium closer to downtown.

As for the other sports essentially having two teams, I get it. But for people from la, it's not like that at all. I would never ever ever under any circumstances associate Orange County with Los Angeles. It's over an hour away with no traffic, which means two to three hours between 8am-8pm. I couldn't tell you the last time I was in orange county. I've been out of the country multiple times more recently than I got stuck going down to oc. DOn't get me started on the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".
    true, Inglewood isn't the best of locations, but at least it's more centrally located. and it's not like Angelinos aren't familiar with it from the days of the Lakers.

Kroenke is building an NFL stadium there regardless if the NFL allows the Rams to move yet or not. he's not bluffing and shouldn't be taken lightly, guy is an elite developer. frankly, it's good to see someone bully the NFL around for once. Jerry Richardson, Bob McNair, and Roger Goodell should not make enemies with him.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    true, Inglewood isn't the best of locations, but at least it's more centrally located. and it's not like Angelinos aren't familiar with it from the days of the Lakers.

Kroenke is building an NFL stadium there regardless if the NFL allows the Rams to move yet or not. he's not bluffing and shouldn't be taken lightly, guy is an elite developer. frankly, it's good to see someone bully the NFL around for once. Jerry Richardson, Bob McNair, and Roger Goodell should not make enemies with him.
    yup he is the one who got the whole thing going....bought the land without giving a crap what the NFL thought.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Carson is a toxic waste site that still needs remediation. Inglewood makes the most sense and I'll bet the Rams will be moved here, regardless of the NFL owners' vote. Selfishly I'd like a team in Inglewood so I can Uber down Manchester to go to a game. Hopefully it's not the Raiders for all the reasons mentioned above.
    Points Awarded:

POOLSIDE gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Probably because Oakland is a cesspool

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Its like a 5 hour car ride.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

From an outsiders view, San Diego needs to be relocated. Every game I watched on TV this year seemed to have more fans for the opposing team than the Chargers. The Raiders will probably move also, but I wish they wouldn't. Too many passionate fans for that team in that area. St. Louis seems to have a good enough package offered to keep them there. It just seems like their owner doesn't want to hang around. Would love to be able to say LA Rams again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SD a dead sports town

They need to even get rid of baseball

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

You said it perfectly. Its LA, who gives a shit! Born and raised in LA, no one gives a penetrate, truly.

USC fills the void for most casual footballs fans. Let's face it, not too many diehard sport fans these days in general, let alone LA. It's a generation thing IMO. The inter web is what's cool NOW.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

if Oakland moves to LA, Raider fans should become 49er fans
    because 20 minutes is closer than 5 hours 20 minutes.

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

THis may be the most accurate and sensible post I have ever read on SBR. That being said; I fully expect the NFL to screw the pooch and completely f up any and all team moves. They will probably block The Rams and put the Chargers and Raiders in Carson just because it's the stupidist thing to do. Personally I think a new stadium in mission valley (San Diego) would draw a decent fan base. The current stadium might be worse than the Oakland coliseum. A winning product would assure attendance. The Spanos family needs to go if that team ever expects to succeed.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have made comments on this before and I even put a few sheckles on it....Bring those Rams to LA baby!!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I may even go to a few games just to see the mad max environment that the black hole will become down here in LA. For sure visiting fans are going to get shanked again down here. Going to feel weird having the Rams and raiders back in town. Jim Everett going to go after Rome again?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Calgunner23 View Post
    You said it perfectly. Its LA, who gives a shit! Born and raised in LA, no one gives a penetrate, truly.

USC fills the void for most casual footballs fans. Let's face it, not too many diehard sport fans these days in general, let alone LA. It's a generation thing IMO. The inter web is what's cool NOW.
    I'm interested to see how this works because LA is so different from last time they were here. Surprised they don't put the Rams back in the OC that's a large area not to have a team. Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I'm interested to see how this works because LA is so different from last time they were here. Surprised they don't put the Rams back in the OC that's a large area not to have a team. Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim
    Would they build a completely new stadium for them? Or would the tax payers have to vote, blah blah? Just curious. You know what they did with the "L.A Galaxy" from Carson, Ca lol