frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Texans +3.5 verses Chiefs

Still don't trust that game manager Alex Smith. I don't see even him doing anything against that Texans defense that is now fully solidify. The Chiefs did beat them in game 1, but the Texans are a much better team now. The Chiefs only beat two playoff teams during their 10 game winning streak, they beat the Broncos with a gimpy Manning and they beat the Steelers with Landry Jones. They have not been tested by a real playoff team in over 2 months.
    Last edited by frostno98; 01-04-16 at 09:39 PM.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Still don't trust that game manager Alex Smith..
    i dont trust him either

hou +3.5

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

i would like the texans a lot more if they were lined +2.5 instead, concerned books are fishing for Texan money at current price

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree and it's still KC who haven't even won a playoff gm since we stormed Normandy I'm pretty sure KC a very tough team honestly to peg. I was absolutely spot on with these frauds couple years back with their b.s. gifted 9-0 start. But this year feels different for some reason. Yes it's an Andy Reid offense and Smith running it so about as vanilla a recipe as you can expect.

Pretty well balanced on both sides and this defense unlike 2 years ago version everyone wanted to call the '85 Bears despite only looking good not great vs backups qb's is actually legit! Honestly haven't watched much of Houston this year I know that defense has been hot and they have a top 5 wideout in gm but KC also has Peters to counter Hopkins and should be healthier in pass rush dept this wk. It's at home and everyone taking KC so I'm thinking take the points or the under fg or 1h anyhow. Hard to either team topping 24 here at most being friendly with that probably.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Frosty, why did u rail against posters in PT then post a pick. We are all human man. We hurt too

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Case Keenum bruh? NAW BRUHHHH

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

uh, Keenum plays for the Rams

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Case Keenum bruh? NAW BRUHHHH
    wrong Quarterback... BRUH!

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Brian Hoyer . Just don't see the texans doing much in this game. Chiefs are playing great football.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Anyone taking the under 40?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Tough game to bet

I'll take the Chiefs. Better defense, better offense, better special teams. If you can find a way to contain deandre hopkins the texans will struggle.

Chiefs are getting Justin Houston and Tamba Hali back. With Peters Eric Berry Johnson Abdullah, they have playmakers everywhere.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Don't trust Smith, but trust Hoyer?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: astro61200

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    i would like the texans a lot more if they were lined +2.5 instead, concerned books are fishing for Texan money at current price
    Game could easily land on 3. Vegas/offshore can't do anything about it. Houston +3.5 is a gift.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Game could easily land on 3. Vegas/offshore can't do anything about it. Houston +3.5 is a gift.
    A gift? That means it should cover easily and you shouldn't be sweating out a 3 point loss.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Chiefs by 9+.. You say the Texans are a lot better since week 1 but fail to mention the Chiefs are, also, a lot better.

You don't trust the "game manager" Alex Smith but trust the "game manager" Brian Hoyer?

Manning is washed up, he's done. Writing that beat down off as simply Manning being "gimpy" is laughable.

You say the Chiefs only beat 2 playoff teams during their 10-game winning streak but fail to mention the Texans only beat 1 playoff team the entire season (Bengals back on 11/17).

Also, I don't really see how you can say the Texans are much better. They did handle the Jags with no problem, but before that they got a terrible Titans team without their starting QB. The week before that they got a mediocre Colts team without their starting QB, and their backup playing "gimpy". The week before that they were steamrolled by the Patriots at home, and lost to the Bills on the road the week before that.

Fail to see how you write off the Chiefs because of a "game manager" QB and beating a playoff team with a "gimpy" QB but then laud the Texans who have a worse "game manager" QB and have been beating teams who are using their backup QBs.

Also, the Bengals have went longer without a playoff win.

Chiefs 23, Texans 13

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

And that's why the Texans will win my friend, their defense is so good they can do it with a 3rd stringer off the street. The Chiefs will be exposed, they haven't beaten real competition all season. That defense is overrated beating a bunch of scrub teams. Their best win was against Peyton playing with one leg. When Peyton had two legs the Chiefs got beat down after being up by 14 points at home.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Anyone looked into how teams do historically going into the playoffs on a 9+ winning streak? Trends are met to be broken, but still quite amazing.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    And that's why the Texans will win my friend, their defense is so good they can do it with a 3rd stringer off the street. The Chiefs will be exposed, they haven't beaten real competition all season. That defense is overrated beating a bunch of scrub teams. Their best win was against Peyton playing with one leg. When Peyton had two legs the Chiefs got beat down after being up by 14 points at home.
    Your reasoning makes no sense. Every reason you give to go against KC can be said, more so, for the Texans. Very very flawed thinking. Again, you try to use the fact KC only beat 2 current playoff teams during the streak, but ignore the fact the Texans have only beaten one all season (compared to KC's 3). You ignore the fact that the Texans have beat up on all ready bad teams forced into using their backup QB's but lost to anyone above .500 over the past 2 months.

The Texans may win, but using your logic is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Anyone looked into how teams do historically going into the playoffs on a 9+ winning streak? Trends are met to be broken, but still quite amazing.
    Per ESPN of the last 9 teams to take a 10+ streak into the playoffs, 3 have won the Super Bowl

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Either one of these teams will lose the next round
    without Jamaal Charles and Arian Foster it's a junk game
    nobody can get a good handle on it.. blackjack.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    lol well said, youre really trusting the "home dog theory" at this point..

JayDr3am
    Handi

hoyer is just as talented as alex smith.. yeah i said it.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Your reasoning makes no sense. Every reason you give to go against KC can be said, more so, for the Texans. Very very flawed thinking. Again, you try to use the fact KC only beat 2 current playoff teams during the streak, but ignore the fact the Texans have only beaten one all season (compared to KC's 3). You ignore the fact that the Texans have beat up on all ready bad teams forced into using their backup QB's but lost to anyone above .500 over the past 2 months.

The Texans may win, but using your logic is just stupid.

Per ESPN of the last 9 teams to take a 10+ streak into the playoffs, 3 have won the Super Bowl
    This is good trivia. I only went back as far as 2003 Patriots as the last one. Who are the other two?

But what I was getting at in my post is since 2003, team with a winning streak of 9+ going into the playoffs are 1-14 ATS (yet 7-8 SU). Average line going was -6.5. SU winner won on average by .13 points.

Funny only one dog in this role, if someone can game the team, year, who they played and outcome = 200 points.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19134

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    This is good trivia. I only went back as far as 2003 Patriots as the last one. Who are the other two?

But what I was getting at in my post is since 2003, team with a winning streak of 9+ going into the playoffs are 1-14 ATS (yet 7-8 SU). Average line going was -6.5. SU winner won on average by .13 points.

Funny only one dog in this role, if someone can game the team, year, who they played and outcome = 200 points.
    I think one anomaly here is that KC is coming into the wild card round with a 10 game winning streak. You would think a team with a 10 game win streak would probably be skipping the wild card round.... And that begs the question - how many teams have gone into the wild card round with an 8 (or 10) game winning streak?

Don't know the answer to your question although Teddy Covers brings up a similar point in this video (skip to 2:10 if you don't want to watch the entire video). His research shows that teams having an 8 game win streak or more entering the playoffs are 0-13 ATS since 2004. So, possibly the answer to your trivia question is in the year 2003? I'll let someone else that needs the points figure it out....

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

im looking at houston and the under, gluck this weekend and thx for posting

hans83
    hans83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 569

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    His research shows that teams having an 8 game win streak or more entering the playoffs are 0-13 ATS since 2004. So, possibly the answer to your trivia question is in the year 2003? I'll let someone else that needs the points figure it out....
    0-13? thats sick

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

like houston as well

PREMOSIX
    PREMOSIX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Chiefs are my best bet of weekend

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by PREMOSIX View Post
    Chiefs are my best bet of weekend
    Same. People talking about they don't trust Smith, but then bet Hoyer. Just let them lose their money

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Agree and it's still KC who haven't even won a playoff gm since we stormed Normandy I'm pretty sure KC a very tough team honestly to peg. I was absolutely spot on with these frauds couple years back with their b.s. gifted 9-0 start. But this year feels different for some reason. Yes it's an Andy Reid offense and Smith running it so about as vanilla a recipe as you can expect.

Pretty well balanced on both sides and this defense unlike 2 years ago version everyone wanted to call the '85 Bears despite only looking good not great vs backups qb's is actually legit! Honestly haven't watched much of Houston this year I know that defense has been hot and they have a top 5 wideout in gm but KC also has Peters to counter Hopkins and should be healthier in pass rush dept this wk. It's at home and everyone taking KC so I'm thinking take the points or the under fg or 1h anyhow. Hard to either team topping 24 here at most being friendly with that probably.
    Man was that hard to read...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Defense wins

Its a good angle

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

LOL You guys don't trust Alex Smith who rarely turns the ball over but you trust Brian Hoyer with having 2 or 3 concussions already this year? LOL. I'd rather roll with the hot team here because KC is dangerous if they can score points. I think KC beats denver next also and go to the afc championship game. Has a shot to be in the super bowl if they can keep scoring points. There defense gets Tamba Hali back as well from what I am reading.
    Last edited by DavieVegas; 01-08-16 at 01:40 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

I'm all over the Chiefs here..they completely bury the Texans

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Smith does just enough to win games. They don't put the game on his shoulders, he is not Brady or Big Ben. He does pass for a lot of yardage, but he doesn't turn it over much. So his defense doesn't worry too much about him. And, he can give you something with his legs when needed. Hoyer, please, this is the ONLY team to make the playoffs using 4 different QB's.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Same. People talking about they don't trust Smith, but then bet Hoyer. Just let them lose their money
    MY MAN !!!! Comes through. Good stuff Raven.
    Points Awarded:

RavensFan2k3 gave 44 Mag 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

And this fukking guy is a bronco homer so he doesn't want the chiefs to win anyway....just another clown at SBR

12 Last