RedSox88
    RedSox88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Ohio State vs. Notre Dame - 1/1/16 @ 1PM - Discussion Thread

Alright so right now at 5 dimes it appears Notre Dame is getting 6 points and a moneyline of +220.

I'd like to know your thoughts on this game.

Here are mine:

Underdog has covered 7 of the last 9 Fiesta Bowls

A notre dame run defense that allows 4.5 YPP will struggle to contain Elliot.

Notre Dame is 10-2 SU with loses by 2 points to both Clemson and Stanford

Urban Meyers has one month to prepare for this game and we saw what kind of gameplan he can put together against bama last year, giving this man that much time to focus on one game is scary.

Theres so much to talk about in this game, I am writing from my phone so I'm not gonna go nuts, i would love to hear your thoughts but.....

We all like to see close games and down to the wire games and if thats what you want you may not want to watch this one. It's a 3 point game after the first quarte but then Ohio slams them for the next three.

MY BOLDEST PREDICITON OF COLLEGE BOWL SEASON : Ohio State wins in blowout fashion, 42 to 17 and Elliot rushes for 275 yards.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Couldn't agree more

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ohio St

They just got upset late in year

ND is tough though

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

My only question is which offense is going to show up? The one vs Michigan or the one I watched vs MSU? If Zeke gets a steady diet, then I think their offense should move the ball, but ND should be able to score as well. Plus you have to wonder how much OSU wants this game? By most accounts, the season was disappointing and Zeke, Bosa, and others already have their sights on the NFL.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11930

My thoughts exactly. This feels like a game OSU players might not be real motivated to play. Huge expectations to repeat for a title and lose a heart breaker partly because of bad weather. Does this game really matter for many of these guys who already tasted gold? I also still don't believe in OSU's passing game. Stop OSU's run and their offense can really get bogged down in a hurry and OSU's defensive backs make a lot of mistakes. ND was decimated with injuries all year. Did they heal up over the long break??? Lot of questions in this one for me. It feels like a toss up which makes me lean ND here.

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    My only question is which offense is going to show up? The one vs Michigan or the one I watched vs MSU? If Zeke gets a steady diet, then I think their offense should move the ball, but ND should be able to score as well. Plus you have to wonder how much OSU wants this game? By most accounts, the season was disappointing and Zeke, Bosa, and others already have their sights on the NFL.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25806

Half of OhioSt's Ws were luck.

Luck runs out today. ND +6 for me.