FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Lol you're guys are so pessimistic just as you are gamblers.

guy has nothing to worry about, especially if he had a decent job as kraken said. His job will never find out and he will keep chugging along like nothing happened. Trust me I do know

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Flipside you sound like a sheep! Ahead feel free and vote for next Pres..cause after all your meaningless vote will make a difference. Lol....fukking dunbshits who actually believe in this system. I give them books and give them .....but they just eat the pages:/

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16061

Mcmurphy has dominated this thread with knowledge

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Anyone here been there, done that, any experiences to share
    1 year probation in Indiana. 6 months license suspension. Take an online driving course. Spend night in jail. $500 bail. 40 hours community service. Attend a 3 day 20 hour alcohol class. That's all. I had the best lawyer in my county though. Piss tested once at probation intake and then never again. I played my probation officer in fan duel

Off record in 5 years. Been 2, got it when I was 21.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

And teaser asks why i stay the fukk home. Pigs everywhere

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Gonna be tough, he's a nurse with me and we take A LOT of fukking call together. It's a huge chunk of our income. To take call, gotta be able to get to the hospital

Idiot

Get a a good attorney and you'll be fine. Use a public defender and you're ******. That's my 2 cents. A lot of my colleagues/friends including myself have had one in the past. We all used the same lawyer and he got a lot of us out of sticky situations with very little consequences.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Also, your attorney can and should do your dmv hearing and could get your friend a restricted license which would allow them to get to and from work.

Bottom line get an atty.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32114

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    I'm trying to tell you as someone who's been there, done that, sold my first car for a good lawyer, etc. I was young and didn't know what I was doing. 1st time duis are as common as herpes these days, no biggie. Judge gonna give the same determination either way
    Flipper what did you get first? DUI or herpes?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16061

shit that you cant make up:

met this georgeous chick tonight.....she has to check in to prison on 1/4 for 3 months on a meth distribution charge.....unreal

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    shit that you cant make up:

met this georgeous chick tonight.....she has to check in to prison on 1/4 for 3 months on a meth distribution charge.....unreal
    That's what we call a keeper where I come from, Booya.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

get the best lawyer you can

all these people are in it together, the judge, the lawyers, the cops

they will split your 10k at the end of the day, but you will have much lighter charges

your guy will walk up and give the ol wink, and get a suspended license for a month or two, no jail...hopefully no machine

Ive had a few friends get away with DUIs here by getting the best DUI/traffic lawyer around

they are idiots for drinking and driving not saying its ok, but if your friend wants to get off a little easier, pony up for a good lawyer

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10504

Fortunately, no. Just a solid guy that made a mistake. Don't get me wrong, I've been disproportionately exposed to DUI related accidents, including many with deaths of innocent people, so I'm pretty disappointed. But it's never easy knowing a close friend that you've witnessed do many good things for people is fixing to pay so dearly for a mistake.

HOnestly, is getting a good attorney the best thing to do at this point? Or is it even worth it? Is the punishment the same regardless
    Forego the attorney. Save some money. They are no help. The only thing they can do is question when the blow
    device was calibrated.

Don't be too hard on your dude. Now a days only two beers can get you busted. If you drink regularly, two beers won't faze you in the least, but the alcohol level still reads the same.

Have him scan/ print his licence on both sides on heavy photo paper at the highest resolution then laminate. This is for when they take his license, he still has a form of ID.

He will get evaluated, go to ARD classes, pay a fine and lose his license for 3 months. Cost with fine about 2k, with a lawyer about 5k. Big savings.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

hire me.....

just got a guy probation last month on a 4th dwi in texas...... most people who ring that bell get 5-10 yrs in the pen......

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no excuses in this day and age

just a dumb fuk that could of killed someone

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11431

He's a good dude Paver,
    You care about this guy? Because it almost seems like you're more concerned with the short term bump this DUI might make in your work routine.

Tell him to look in the mirror. Because in these times with all the DUI awareness, alternatives (free rides, cabs, etc), and severe penalties - if you're drinking and driving then you need help be it a severe kick in the balls or AA.

And don't you dare say that someone else doesn't need AA. Not your call - in fact, you should encourage the possibility because, you know, AA might help someone who needs it.

Every "good dude" has a story and an excuse. This guy should be grateful no one got hurt and start changing his life because he doesn't have his shit together. And, frankly, doesn't need friends co-signing his BS.

I have some bad experiences with DUI that didn't change my life. That came later. And then I know a couple of good dudes who never learned the lesson of drunk driving and alcoholism and a very sweet lady who was killed by a drunk driver who was "celebrating" a Yankees WS victory.

It's his wake up call. Help him.
    Last edited by ByeShea; 01-01-16 at 08:32 AM.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Don't laws vary by each state, and how drunk he was? I had a friend get one this summer, was able to get it deferred. Still lost license for 6 mos and had some fines, but not nearly as much as could have been. I think a deferral is essentially a probation. It's not on your record, but if you get another it gets tacked on - along with the 2nd one.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

DO NOT PAY BIG MONEY FOR A LAWYER---unless you plan to plea not guilty and fight in court---you can have this put off at least twice, on 3rd time to court plead guilty---sentence will be xact same thing lawyer could negotiate ---in Georgia, state will suspend DL for 6 months, be prepared to deal with this.---I have had 3 duis 1990, 1995, 2009. you are going to need money for fines, other court ordered shit---start doing research in your area --I think lawyer helps very little.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    You care about this guy? Because it almost seems like you're more concerned with the short term bump this DUI might make in your work routine.

Tell him to look in the mirror. Because in these times with all the DUI awareness, alternatives (free rides, cabs, etc), and severe penalties - if you're drinking and driving then you need help be it a severe kick in the balls or AA.

And don't you dare say that someone else doesn't need AA. Not your call - in fact, you should encourage the possibility because, you know, AA might help someone who needs it.

Every "good dude" has a story and an excuse. This guy should be grateful no one got hurt and start changing his life because he doesn't have his shit together. And, frankly, doesn't need friends co-signing his BS.

I have some bad experiences with DUI that didn't change my life. That came later. And then I know a couple of good dudes who never learned the lesson of drunk driving and alcoholism and a very sweet lady who was killed by a drunk driver who was "celebrating" a Yankees WS victory.

It's his wake up call. Help him.
    Im not sure how you interpreted my posts, but I called him a dumbass and told him to get a good attorney, quite sure I didn't co-sign anything. This doesn't affect my work one bit, regardless of outcome. And I don't recall saying anything about AA.

That said, there is plenty of wisdom to learn about the process from those that have been though it. So I asked. Hopefully to pass on some tidbits to give him an idea of what to expect.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Kraken check this out. Good info on what to expect for your buddy.

www.georgiacriminaldefense.com

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17514

Put the bottle down, throw away your keys.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Was it that overgrown Oompa Loompa Opie?

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

If you drive drunk you should be tried for attempted murder plain and simple. First time offense at least a year in jail and 25 thousand fine. Think twice before you drink and drive

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I got one 10 years ago thanks to a fluke run in at a DUI check point. Had to pay a lawyer 2k to get it reduced to reckless driving since it was really borderline. Which resulted in a small $600 dollars fine, informal probation for 3 years, 24 hours of AA class, and still retained my license.

Getting a DUI is no joke though, because of the huge financial huge . Your auto insurance will go up about $200 to 300 dollars extra, the Fine for a DUI is around 2k, and then the AA class is going to cost about 1k or more. So this single incident is going to cost you about 10k.

First 123