VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20012

Anybody that DUI's is an asshole. I have no sympathy for anyone that gets caught.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Possibly, although you don't want to know what I blew. I was drunk enough to kill 3 elephants. Scary...definitely learned my lesson
    that makes a difference as well

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89976

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Loan him $12,000. He/she will need it.
    And tell him his DL is gone and get ready for about 5 years probation. Not much you can do.

Don't drink and drive boys!!!

Damn during the holidays is even more crazy. Cops working overtime.

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Arraignment on Saturday

Is that it? He'll know Sat what his punishment is?
    Nope..........just getting started. He's not been proven guilty in a court of law yet.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    Flipper, what state you live in???
    First Timer in Texas, minimum 2 years probation, 90 day suspension of license, 3 day DWI course, psyche exam to determine if you have a drinking problem, depending on how you answer the questions, could get you a mandated 12 weeks in AA. One night for 3 hours at MADD meeting.
    Ask me, been there, done that..............and still didn't get a fukking t-shirt.
    florida. I paid my dues, 12 week classes including being tested for alcohol, madd course, 90 day suspension, etc. however I was very lucky as my county offered expunction for first timers

TEXAS MICKEY

Right now as we speak, the whole damn Dallas/Ft.Worth area is on what they call ""NO REFUSAL"". And have been since 6 AM Xmas Eve.
    You refuse to below, they pull blood right there on the side of the road.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS MICKEY View Post
    Right now as we speak, the whole damn Dallas/Ft.Worth area is on what they call ""NO REFUSAL"". And have been since 6 AM Xmas Eve.
    You refuse to below, they pull blood right there on the side of the road.
    They have those down here as well, idk about pulling blood right there though. You can refuse to blow in Florida but results In automatic 1 year license suspension

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

Anyone here been there, done that, any experiences to share
    Had one 20 years ago. Lost my license for 1 year. Spent 5000 on lawyer who did fukk all besides save me some coin on fines. I had the best attorney in the city. These days it's worse cause it's same as murder.

Years of high insurance hurt alot.

I learned a lot though.

I have NEVER driven a vehicle with alcohol in my system since.

I never will either.

It's not worth it. I'm just glad I didn't kill someone or someone's loved ones let alone myself.
    Points Awarded:

Miavia gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Miavia

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Had one 20 years ago. Lost my license for 1 year. Spent 5000 on lawyer who did fukk all besides save me some coin on fines. I had the best attorney in the city. These days it's worse cause it's same as murder.

Years of high insurance hurt alot.

I learned a lot though.

I have NEVER driven a vehicle with alcohol in my system since.

I never will either.

It's not worth it. I'm just glad I didn't kill someone or someone's loved ones let alone myself.
    this. Except I disagree with your statement saying its same as murder. It's really no big deal first time, one of most common misdemeanors besides petty theft. In fact, floridas former DA actually had one last year and is now a defense attorney, I see his commercials every day. Dan newlin

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16061

this. Except I disagree with your statement saying its same as murder. It's really no big deal first time, one of most common misdemeanors besides petty theft. In fact, floridas former DA actually had one last year and is now a defense attorney, I see his commercials every day. Dan newlin
    Also the head of MADD got one in Florida years ago...throw the book at those fukking hypocrites

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Also the head of MADD got one in Florida years ago...throw the book at those fukking hypocrites
    Lmao seriously

TEXAS MICKEY

They have those down here as well, idk about pulling blood right there though. You can refuse to blow in Florida but results In automatic 1 year license suspension
    Yea, did that here too. Took your ass in, waited for a judge to write the subpoena, then pulled the blood. Took t0o long.
    Now, they have judges on duty around the clock, call it in and a trained crew comes to the sight and pulls right there, they know instantly and you're off to the pokey. Booked and just wait, post bail, and then the shit starts.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

I fvcked up guys

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10100

he needs to keep doing it , wreck and kill a few hundred, seems that his gold . because he as to know your not to do that . so hurry buy him a few cases. help him out

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

He's a fukking moron

Great guy though, didn't really see this coming

I don't judge so I just told him he was a dumbass and to find a good attorney

Any other advice?
    Don't drink and drive and do the time when you do the crime.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Pavy good ppl make bad choices, he's not complaining about doing the time, I simply asked for some advice from guys that have been there. You have nothing useful to add so move on.

Thx to everyone else

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Pavy good ppl make bad choices, he's not complaining about doing the time, I simply asked for some advice from guys that have been there. You have nothing useful to add so move on.

Thx to everyone else
    I'm pretty sure if he faces the consequences of his actions he will not do it again. Why give him a free ride?

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

No free rides Pavy, he's owning up to his mistakes and willing to pay the price.

But I know there are things learned only from going through something like this that don't necessary equate to "doing the time", just additional bad choices like possibly dunping $12,000 on an attorney when a public defender will do, or voluntarily giving up ones license for a year when he can apply for a hardship.

He's a good dude Paver,

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Don't drink and drive and do the time when you do the crime.
    Lol. This guy. Like almost everyone on here hasn't had a few drinks and gotten behind the wheel. Some are just luckier than others and haven't been caught.

Learn from it and move on. I did, very scary time for me and have i made a promise to myself to never drive if I have had a drink again. I do not care if you have a gun to my head

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Btw thank god for uber, best thing ever created

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

C'mon now fellas...even I know that the laws are constantly changing in every state in your country...especially the DUI laws.

All these 10-20 years examples are great...but it has nothing to do with the situation, that this kid got himself involved in right now.

There are laws in many states and counties, that may require that a person convicted of a first DUI offense install a certified ignition interlock device on any vehicle that the person owns or operates.

Just picture this....first of all, the guy has to blow every time to start his vehicle and then every 20-30 minutes do a re-check while he's driving.
    Besides paying for this shit every month, he has to bring his car in for a mandatory calibration every 30-60 days...otherwise his car won't start.

Now he's a nurse and that's all great, I'm now sure if he has to drive anyone from work around, but if he does - He'll be fukked.

How do I know all this? I have a friend who's going through this shit right now in Los Angeles.

All I can tell you Kraken is ask him to get himself the best possible lawyer.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    C'mon now fellas...even I know that the laws are constantly changing in every state in your country...especially the DUI laws.

All these 10-20 years examples are great...but it has nothing to do with the situation, that this kid got himself involved in right now.

There are laws in many states and counties, that may require that a person convicted of a first DUI offense install a certified ignition interlock device on any vehicle that the person owns or operates.

Just picture this....first of all, the guy has to blow every time to start his vehicle and then every 20-30 minutes do a re-check while he's driving.
    Besides paying for this shit every month, he has to bring his car in for a mandatory calibration every 30-60 days...otherwise his car won't start.

Now he's a nurse and that's all great, I'm now sure if he has to drive anyone from work around, but if he does - He'll be fukked.

How do I know all this? I have a friend who's going through this shit right now in Los Angeles.

All I can tell you Kraken is ask him to get himself the best possible lawyer.
    rocket, relax. It all depends what he blew whether he is assigned an interlock device or not. At least in Florida those are mostly assigned to 2nd time offenders or people who blow above a .2

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

rocket, relax. It all depends what he blew whether he is assigned an interlock device or not. At least in Florida those are mostly assigned to 2nd time offenders or people who blow above a .2
    I'm relaxed...it's almost 7AM here...having a coffee as we speak

All I'm saying is these interlock devices are a lot more common even for first time offenders, than they've used to be in your country.

Shit like that changes people's lives...not the fines...not the jail...but a thing that you have to blow in for years to start your car.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89976

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I fvcked up guys
    Tell us something new pal.

Lol hope all is well, seriously!

Happy New Year!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Don't drink and drive.

All the advice needed. Pay the fine or do the time. Stupid thing to do...senseless and avoidable

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

put him in jail for 1 year

he could of killed someone

teach the mother fukker a lesson

good guy or not you do not drink and drive

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Had 2 but I got nothing honestly for ya. It's a no way out racket scam end of day. They turned this thing into a multi billion a year industry over the years using skewed data etc to b.s. the moron public and it's not going away. And pay no attention to nutless dikklickers who shame you on this most "evil" crime lol. Fact is most everyone who has ever drank in a bar or away from home even if once are guilty of same crime even if they were not caught by pigs.

So in a nutshell it's like a murderer who was never caught in act throwing shit at someone convincted ..... still a murderer! And yes about everyone has driven under influence at least once! Another fact they don't give 2 fukks about anyone's safety or well being. Many if not most cops/lawyers drive under the influence as well. It's a racket ,nest egg for all involved the county, city, cops, lawyers on and on.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Had 2 but I got nothing honestly for ya. It's a no way out racket scam end of day. They turned this thing into a multi billion a year industry over the years using skewed data etc to b.s. the moron public and it's not going away. And pay no attention to nutless dikklickers who shame you on this most "evil" crime lol. Fact is most everyone who has ever drank in a bar or away from home even if once are guilty of same crime even if they were not caught by pigs.

So in a nutshell it's like a murderer who was never caught in act throwing shit at someone convincted ..... still a murderer! And yes about everyone has driven under influence at least once! Another fact they don't give 2 fukks about anyone's safety or well being. Many if not most cops/lawyers drive under the influence as well. It's a racket ,nest egg for all involved the county, city, cops, lawyers on and on.
    nailed it

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Sounds like a joke but it's not. Check out DAMM it's drunks against mad mothers. They give you a little bit better insight not the as usual" paid by our sponsors " CNN type mainstream crap. I also know 1st hand from many years as a bar patron and spent a few doing security on side.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

And don't get me wrong I'm not all anti cop ( even though most are truly worthless and their laws). Hey if someone is driving all over the road ANY time of the day. You pull them over justifiably and they smell of alcohol or under influence of narcotics while operating a vehicle. By all means arrest them it's fair! Unfortunately it's not how they do it...they go "fishing" for anything at night just looking for the most limp dikk excuse like a license plate light out to pull you over. It's just biz baby and these sick fukks have made a biz out of it. You know difference between a mob boss and police chief? The mob boss won't deny he's sending his soldiers out to do the dirty lol.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

You can look at it different ways but fact is. Founder of Madd stepped away several years back saying this is not what it's about. Ironically she got a dui herself just recently. Note to her beware of the monster you help create!

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    You can look at it different ways but fact is. Founder of Madd stepped away several years back saying this is not what it's about. Ironically she got a dui herself just recently. Note to her beware of the monster you help create!

true to that

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7481

.08 is bullshit and mcmurphy rings true here. I don't know a single person who has never gotten behind the wheel and wouldn't have blown a .08 at least 50 times in their life. Cops fish for that shit because the law is fukked, it's just like mandatory minimum sentencing for drug possession.

But never had a DUI myself so can't really add anything to the discussion other than that.

Ardmorite
    Ardmorite's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20978

Rocket has a clue!! Get ready for an Interlok device on the vehicle for at least a year maybe 2. Go in once a month to pay a fee and have the breathalyzer calibrated and info taken off of it. That is if your guy still wants to drive. As far as jail time, i wouldnt worry. Situation is going to be expensive lawyer or not.

First 123 Last