tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Fukk him

He quit

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

How is it crumbling, next man up. Teams lose qbs every year, you have to have a new one at some point all the time.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

sumlin's losing control of things at aTm; he was a hard sell to old Ags to begin with, when he was a winner with the seeming midas touch.....

he may be gone soon if the chaos doesn't simmer down real quick.............

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good news for sumlin is he always finds a qb he might be one of those guys that can develop a qb he did so at Houston seems to be doing it at A&M I can't remember ever saying sumlin has a shit qb or shit qb play.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Wow. Sumlin really pissed those guys off. They begged Murray to stay and he still said F you and with daddy being an Aggie. That takes some doing.

jtoler

Typical prima donnas who arnt as good as they think they are and see NFL dreams waning. Competition rules the day, why go to the school if they already had stud qbs and you might not play. Murray should have stayed since the other one leaving, my gut says he will simmer down and stay. But this whole story blaming Sumlin when nobody knows for sure what's going on is fishy.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Sumlin can find a million dollar job whenever he wants, here or elsewhere. Those kids thin they know it all. They know shiit

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Typical prima donnas who arnt as good as they think they are and see NFL dreams waning. Competition rules the day, why go to the school if they already had stud qbs and you might not play. Murray should have stayed since the other one leaving, my gut says he will simmer down and stay. But this whole story blaming Sumlin when nobody knows for sure what's going on is fishy.
    When you are a 5-star QB and you sign after another 5-star QB has signed, you probably are not afraid of competition. But these guys want to play. But the job was Allen's and then it was clearly Murray's and they both hit the road. If that ain't Sumlin, what the hell is it? This afraid of competition stuff does not float.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    When you are a 5-star QB and you sign after another 5-star QB has signed, you probably are not afraid of competition. But these guys want to play. But the job was Allen's and then it was clearly Murray's and they both hit the road. If that ain't Sumlin, what the hell is it? This afraid of competition stuff does not float.
    Sounds like they are the problem to me. When you arnt performing well and you're a young unestablished qb you're gonna get yanked. Sumlin trying to win games if you're screwing up then he has to do what's best to win. And just because you're a 5 star anything, that's high school, it means nothing in college until you can prove that you are worthy of such. Some guys it doesn't matter how good you were in high school the next level just is too much for them, no different than college studs flopping in the NFL.

teaserpleaser

Didn't think we'd see sumlin on the hot seat this quickly. Very hot right now .

Buffalo Nickle

Sounds like they are the problem to me. When you arnt performing well and you're a young unestablished qb you're gonna get yanked. Sumlin trying to win games if you're screwing up then he has to do what's best to win. And just because you're a 5 star anything, that's high school, it means nothing in college until you can prove that you are worthy of such. Some guts it doesn't matter how good you were in high school the next level just is too much for them, no different than college studs flopping in the NFL.
    Allen was a decent QB and was going to be the starter for the next two years almost guaranteed. Murray is obviously going to be the starter. Guarantee you these boys ain't transferring to any lightweight programs. They are going somewhere will they will have to compete for the job.

Heard the same thing about Baker Mayfield and the little SOB walks on at OU and wins the damn job. He just didn't like Koach Kool.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

It's the age of "grass is greener on the other side", most of these clowns don't want to listen to people trying to help them mature, it's all about them. No loyalty anymore and kids would rather sit out a year somewhere else instead of working hard and waiting their turn. Not realizing that it's going to be the same thing where ever they end up. No matter how good you are in high school once you get to college no one cares what you did a year ago, coaches want to see who can help them win now.

jtoler

Mayfield left because he didn't wanna compete for the job, nobody said Kingsbury was on the hot seat because of that so why is it different for Sumlin?

Buffalo Nickle

Regardless of who you want to blame, this is the biggest disaster I have ever seen. I have NEVER seen a starting QB transfer out. And then his replacement who is definitely going to be the start says SEE YA. I am sure Sumlin will sign himself a good recruit but this is an epic embarrassment.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikewlgm

Buffalo Nickle

Mayfield left because he didn't wanna compete for the job, nobody said Kingsbury was on the hot seat because of that so why is it different for Sumlin?
    Hello! He WALKED ON at OU!!!! And WON the job!

He also turned down scholarships other places and WALKED at Tech and WON the job!

teaserpleaser

Damn they just said in finnebaum that Charlie strong has more job security than Kevin sumlin right now ....unreal! Already discussing buyout options. Wow

jtoler

Hello! He WALKED ON at OU!!!! And WON the job!

He also turned down scholarships other places and WALKED at Tech and WON the job!
    How is that answering the question I asked. Why is it different for Sumlin, why would anyone mention that he was on some hot seat when nobody ever mentions hot seat when others transfer from other schools, so why with Sumlin?

TwoWays

OU backup is an option qb. Of course mayfield is a better choice

Buffalo Nickle

How is that answering the question I asked. Why is it different for Sumlin, why would anyone mention that he was on some hot seat when nobody ever mentions hot seat when others transfer from other schools, so why with Sumlin?
    Sumlin is underperforming. They fire you for going 8-4 at A&M. He's probably going 8-5 this year and will have to coach his ass off to go 8-5 next year and that shit don't float in Aggieland especially after you ran off two starting QBs.

I don't think Sumlin is in any trouble though. But he will need a real good 2017.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Texas am is clearly not what people think it is......They got the SEC recruiting burst when they joined the conference but obviously once the recruits got there is wasn't what it was hyped to be.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    OU backup is an option qb. Of course mayfield is a better choice
    That's not what they were saying after he beat Alabama. He was the next big thing and that's when Mayfield said I think I'll just beat him out. Don't tell Mayfield does not want to compete. Everybody thought he was crazy to go to OU and the little turd won the job outright.

mikewlgm

How is it crumbling, next man up. Teams lose qbs every year, you have to have a new one at some point all the time.

Texas am fan? Don't make it so obvious.

jtoler

Sumlin is underperforming. They fire you for going 8-4 at A&M. He's probably going 8-5 this year and will have to coach his ass off to go 8-5 next year and that shit don't float in Aggieland especially after you ran off two starting QBs.

I don't think Sumlin is in any trouble though. But he will need a real good 2017.
    So now saying he is on the hot seat has nothing to do with qbs transferring and has everything to do with an 8-4 record at Texas A@M?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    Texas am fan? Don't make it so obvious.
    Not at all, just know racism when I see it.

mikewlgm

Back in October

"Locker room in shambles"

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barsto...oaching-staff/

mikewlgm

Not at all, just know racism when I see it.

hahahahahahahaha yea the black qb is transferring because he's racist against the black coach and everyone is wondering what the hell is going on at college station cause they are racist

don't be a tool

TwoWays

Mickey, I am proud of u. U are fitting right into the bigtime. You've come a long way since when

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    hahahahahahahaha yea the black qb is transferring because he's racist against the black coach and everyone is wondering what the hell is going on at college station cause they are racist

don't be a tool
    Uhh how did that out of what I said. Totally wasnt referring to any qbs.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

I love how all these SEC schools act like they should win the title and win 10+ games a season when no one can even beat Bama. These schools need to figure out their programs aren't that great. Look at Miles before him the program was not that great and he made them a contender then they want to fire him, like they were some amazing football school. Here's your sign.

Buffalo Nickle

So now saying he is on the hot seat has nothing to do with qbs transferring and has everything to do with an 8-4 record at Texas A@M?
    Seat is getting slightly warm due to disappointing seasons. This disaster is fuel for the fire. They ain't real big on black coaches at A&M by the way. They will put up with it but they don't have to like it.

This kind of embarrassment will get you fired. He is going to have to win 9 games in 2017 most likely. They will give him a pass next year but then they are going to start looking for something different because he hasn't been what they thought they were getting. Starting to look like that old dummy Sherman might have been the reason for his success.

And next year Ken Hill will be throwing TD passes for TCU/

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

People not realizing that Sumlin is the one that GOT these kids to sign with A&M in the first place. You don't want to lose that. Aggies have never been able to recruit like this in their entire history. I'd give him a pass on this one, and see if he handles this next batch differently.

And yes, black coaches get much shorter leashes. They just do, nobody has any real patience with them. If they're not amazing right away, they're on the hotseat. If they are amazing, then have a down year or two, they're on the hotseat.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    People not realizing that Sumlin is the one that GOT these kids to sign with A&M in the first place. You don't want to lose that. Aggies have never been able to recruit like this in their entire history. I'd give him a pass on this one, and see if he handles this next batch differently.

And yes, black coaches get much shorter leashes. They just do, nobody has any real patience with them. If they're not amazing right away, they're on the hotseat. If they are amazing, then have a down year or two, they're on the hotseat.
    That's true. But it also increases expectations. Sumlin has killed it recruiting. Aggies are not that impressed because they have always recruited well. Top 15 classes require Top 15 performances sooner or later. Watching Allen and Hill pass it all over the field in while the Aggies struggle and lose again to LSU is going to be tough to swallow if that's what happens. The Ags should be alright because they have talent but if they aren't as good as expected, they are going to get antsy, Aggies not really all that good and on the downward trend now. This disaster will be pointed to when the time comes to get rid of him.

Aggies have also had to duck playing Texas and Texas Tech in bowl games and that is hard to live down and not how Ags like to think of themselves.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

Sumlin could do no wrong with Johnny Football and he didn't win a division or conference title with him either. I didn't hear anything about HIM being on the hot seat then, I actually heard he was UP for promotions like the Raiders job..............now he has to win 9 games or loses his job?????? Plus Johnny Football can't keep his nose clean???? IF, and I do mean IF...........Sumlin is on the hot seat it has absolutely NOTHING to do with winning football games. He has proven he could do that.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Sumlin could do no wrong with Johnny Football and he didn't win a division or conference title with him either. I didn't hear anything about HIM being on the hot seat then, I actually heard he was UP for promotions like the Raiders job..............now he has to win 9 games or loses his job?????? Plus Johnny Football can't keep his nose clean???? IF, and I do mean IF...........Sumlin is on the hot seat it has absolutely NOTHING to do with winning football games. He has proven he could do that.
    Well yeah. It was good times with Johnny Football. But the good times ain't been seen lately. Aggies expect more. Aggies and LSU used to play every year and LSU backed out because they got tired of losing. Now A&M gets beat by LSU every damn year and is not even competitive. It's getting old. They are going to take a beating next year most likely. If they can't do it in 2017, it's going to get really damn old.

They want 9 wins at A&M. They ain't taking any less. Not for Sumlin or anybody.

12 Last